bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trinity  (Read 5557 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Trinity
« on: March 22, 2012, 09:24:09 AM »

Hi Ray,
   My name is Michael. I am new to your writings but have found what I've read so far most interesting. I read what you wrote about the trinity and it does make sense. My question is this, why in John 14:26 and I believe there are a couple of other passages is the holy spirit referred to by use of the pronoun he thereby implying "a person" ? Is the holy spirit a person or an it?

Dear Michael:  There are many deceivers out there that will try to convince you that the Spirit "OF" God is a Second God in a trinity of Three. The Greek word translated "he" in John 14:26 is "chinos" and its FIRST definition  in Strong's Greek Dictionary is "that." And it is translated "that" rather than "he" dozens of times. It is also translated "those," and "them."  In John 1:33 it is translated "the same." In John 9:10 it is translated "the same." In John 18:13 it is translated "that disciple." Etc., etc., etc. The fact that "chinos" can be translated "he" or "them," proves nothing. The Emphatic Diaglott Bible translates John 14:16 thus: "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, which the Father will send in My name shall teach you all things, and remind you of all things which I which I said to you."  Now then, where do you see the word "he" in there?

Hope this helps your understanding.
God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.