bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: two different gospels??  (Read 4606 times)

sarahfromcolorado

two different gospels??
« on: March 24, 2012, 04:03:04 AM »

Hi. Has any one here heard of the two gospels teaching (one for Jews other for gentiles)? Do you know if Ray has any teachings on it and or do you have any Scriptures regarding it. Galatians 2 seems to point to there being only one gospel to me.

sarahfromcolorado

Re: two different gospels??
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 09:15:03 AM »

Thank you John. :)

And I am really glad to be here

onelovedread

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 10:54:20 AM »

The last church I attended was one of those that preach two gospels - one from Peter to the Jews and the other from Paul to the Gentiles. I wrote a letter to the 'Bishop' asking him 25 questions that came out of Ray's 'Exposing the Secret Rapture Theory'.
He wanted us to sit down face to face and did not answer more than 4 or 5 of the questions in his response. Of course I followed Ray's advice not to take on anyone in debate (especially since I am not qualified), and declined his invitation to meet personally with him to discuss it.
Ray's paper is very deep and complex, and I really had to go through it slowly and carefully. I still haven't understood all of it even though I have read it at least three times.
The 2 gospel teaching states that there will be a different future for the Jewish people  from that of us the non-Jews. We will be according to them, 'raptured' while the unsaved Jews will remain here on the earth and go through the tribulation and that they are the 'bride of Christ.' At least that's what the church I attended taught.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 11:26:18 AM »

Hi Sarah,

Another good read on this is a Biblestudy 'Do James And Paul Contradict?' Here is the link.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,9742.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

sarahfromcolorado

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 01:24:41 PM »

Hey onelovedread :) I started reading rays paper and it will probably take me a few reads to get it down too. I first heard about the two gospels when I first started finding out about the mistranslating of hell and aion and aionios from guys like martin sender. It never seemed to line up with what I saw in scripture so I kind of just pushed it aside. It seemed like the doctrine came out of what people see as a contradiction between grace and works.
I think that might be the root of it but the whole rapture aspect is new to me.

Thanks for the link kat! I probably listened to it more than 3 times before and it might be one of my favorite audios. I really think what people see as a contradiction between the need for obedience and grace is the main reason for the two gospel doctrine.

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 02:11:53 PM »

Dear Kat,

I don't recall having read this bible study before.
The points Ray made are familiar, but reading it all in context is convicting.
Thanks for reassigning this lesson, I think all men need to study it every year.
I am amazed that something so vital could be overlooked by ALL major religious groups. Even though they do condemn adultery they do not condemn the underlying cause of it the way scripture does and Ray Smith has in this paper.

It also benefits each of us in the understanding of how valuable the correct view of just one word found in the English translations can be to our growth in grace and knowledge. A little leaven can leaven the whole lump.

Thanks to Ray and to you for helping us see how God removes the leaven.  :D

Indiana Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.