bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greek help?  (Read 4539 times)

sarahfromcolorado

Greek help?
« on: March 28, 2012, 04:24:15 AM »

Can anyone here explain what the "aorist tense" is? For instance if a word was in the "aorist participle active" what does that mean?

I think I heard Ray say that when something is in the aorist it is in the past present and future tense.

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
Re: Greek help?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 09:28:18 AM »

sarahfromcolorado

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 11:56:38 AM »

Thank you Arion. :D I will have to read that a couple hundred times before I have any idea what on earth they're talking about though! :P

Samson

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 01:25:44 PM »

Thank you Arion. :D I will have to read that a couple hundred times before I have any idea what on earth they're talking about though! :P

Ray uses an example of this in regards to the Hebrew Word Bara usually translated "Created," found in Genesis, Bara is more accurately translated "Creating," denoting a process referring to the Aorist Tense. God is "creating," Humanity(Mankind, Man) in His Image. Creating shows that it's a process and not a final product as the word Created(Past Tense) would.

Hope this helps Sarah, My oldest Daughter is named Sara, Samson.

sarahfromcolorado

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 09:14:38 AM »

Thanks Samson and John. Your comments helped a lot.

I just wanted a better understanding of it before I tried showing someone how salvation isn't necessarily a one time thing but more of a process. Some times in the KJV it shows salvation being in the past tense and already done but in the CLV it shows that it's ongoing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.