bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: muzing  (Read 3753 times)

boanerges

muzing
« on: March 31, 2012, 01:08:02 PM »

This morning as i sat on my front porch sippin' on my coffee my thoughts went back to my younger days of being reared in a church that taught the hellfire and brimstone way, (this in the mid to late '60's. It never really ever "felt" right that a loving supreme being would torture the vast majority of his creation for all eternity, if he was all powerful and had the ability to get his creation to see the truth and be what he wanted, an image of himself.

That is now what i have come to know and love, He who has all power, knowledge, and love to bring about the purpose and plan He set out to do.

Back to the musing this morn: i was a member of the church youth choir, we would sometimes travel to other churches to sing for their congregations, one of the songs that we sang was So Many Reasons Why I Love The Lord, i don't remember the entire song but next line was: so many reasons i can't count them.

During a musical interlude the members of the choir would one at a time give a brief statement why they loved the Lord.

i can only remember a fraction of the reasons given that i heard over the course of my tenure with the youth choir, but i guess because of my disdain for the teaching of the hellfire and brimstone eternal torture, one of the reason heard often that "He saved me from hell", and i may have used that one myself.

Since i have come to the knowledge that God is/has saved all His creation (it's just a matter of all in His timing) i was thinking this morning i now love God, not only what He has done for me but what He has done for ALL, brought us into creation to give us the knowledge of good AND evil, so that in His time we (ALL) will be like Him.

How marvelous a supreme being (and how different of one i was reared believing in) that i now believe in.

Hoping that each of you to have a blessed day

;D

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: muzing
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 01:13:40 PM »

Yep.  Thanks.  And that will be a help towards a blessed day.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: muzing
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 02:35:30 PM »

Amen! Amen! A real Halelujah!

Blessings to you as well! :)
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.