bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Open Apology To All Members of B-T  (Read 5914 times)

doug

Open Apology To All Members of B-T
« on: April 10, 2012, 08:59:39 AM »

Regarding my comment in the Off Topic Discussion post entitled "Beware Scam Targeting Older Men"

After I have had some time to ponder/meditate on my impulsive comment I have been quite upset and the Holy Spirit has pricked my conscience.  I now realize it was just that... without giving my thoughts timely consideration my carnal old nature kicked in and I did what I really didn't want to do.

I now realize how humor of that sort can totally escalate out of its intended intent and I believe that is what I contributed to.  As I/we learn from Paul: "I don't really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don't do it.  Instead I do what I hate." Romans 7:15 New Living Translation.

Isn't it amazing what one will do on impulse without fully considering the consequences?  Thank you females of this group for keeping balance and putting what I had done in perspective to the larger picture. My lustful and testosterone filled passion/lust that is a sinful part of my human nature needs to be controlled and put under subjection.

When I first read the intended humor... my instantaneous first thought (and being a newbie here) was that this article was placed here as an entrapment to catch the "true" thoughts of a commenter.  That it did - by the Holy Spirit living in me!  I am only speaking for myself and I feel totally uncomfortable with my actions and ask that the moderators would grant my wish that my comment would be deleted from the post (or is that option available for me to do?). Anyway I would be deeply grateful if it would be done.

"Finally brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things of good report, if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Phil 4:8  K/J translation

Sincerely,   Doug   

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Open Apology To All Members of B-T
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 10:50:00 AM »

ask that the moderators would grant my wish that my comment would be deleted from the post (or is that option available for me to do?).

Hi doug,

Per your request, I deleted your comments.  For future reference, you can delete your own comments by simply hitting the "Remove" option on the comment you made.  This option is found in the right hand corner of the comment box.

In reply to your comments here, I just want to say that as we grow spiritually, we will come to see ourselves for who we really are at heart.  This is a good thing although it can be a painful realization!  It is a process we all must go through.  Consider yourself blessed. :)

René

Gina

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 12:06:52 PM »

Thank you, Doug.  I agree with Rene completely.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 01:51:02 PM »

Hi Doug,

Well I'm thinking that it was a joke meant for a little humor is all. But I began to see that this apparent harmless little joke may have not been so for all (these comments are not directed to you Doug or anybody in particular). With some, maybe most, maybe all it was just good for a little chuckle, but there may have been some (if it was even one) that this touched on a serious weakness and facilitated for the old self to rise up.

Rom 14:21  It is good not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything that causes your brother to stumble.

There may have even been someone just visiting that thought we condone naughty jokes. Just was trying to point out that we do not want to do anything to hinder another believer.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

John from Kentucky

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 03:31:46 PM »

Pleeeeeeeeease people!  Lighten up.   ::) 

There is a scripture that says we are not to be over righteous.

Also, a scripture that to the pure, all things are pure.

If you find sin everywhere, in others, maybe you should first look into the deepness of your own heart.

If we take the tree trunk out of our own eye, maybe we can better take the little splinter out of another persons eye.  (I include myself in this statement.)   :-* 

Gina

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 03:41:33 PM »

As Rene said in the subject thread, there are many people who are struggling with sexual sin and certain comments and posts don't edify--they tear down and tempt.

It's extremely hard to apologize for something we've done wrong. 

Doug, I believe you're going to be blessed hugely for having plucked that log out your eye. Thank you for an excellent example to us all.  :)

Cypress

• I <3 jj81
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 09:49:33 AM »

I missed it, so no worries here   ;D.
Elaine

doug

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 12:33:23 PM »

Hey John! Nice to meet you!

I see where you are coming from and I am as fun going as anybody, and I really enjoy kidding around with good humor.  With that said...

Did I mention anywhere in my post that I see sin in others?  No, I don't believe so! Nor did I imply it.  I believe you may have taken my request to remove "my" comment the wrong way.  It was never my intent to have the complete thread removed.  Only "my" name to be associated with it.  You may re post it a dozen times if you wish and it would not bother me in the least.

I understand that what is sin for some in not sin for others. - Rom 14:13.  All I am saying is.... how "my" comment affected "me".  I am NOT saying the post was wrong.  My conscience was convicted... that does not mean it was sinful to anyone else.  And at the time if I had known I could have deleted my comment myself, I would have with no questions asked!  And no animosity what so ever!  That's just who I am.

Look at it this way... After I "slept on it" and was given some time I got really convicted when I remembered that when I signed on that no one under 13 yrs. could become a member.  That leaves a big latitude from 13 to adulthood (whenever that may be).  I wouldn't want anyones young children or my kids when they were younger to confide in me and say "Daddy, I read your comment to the guy that lost so many wallets.  Would you please explain to me what exactly what that meant and especially what your comment meant?"  Well, I would never want to be put in that situation to "fudge" with less than an honest answer.  So, for me it would be better to stay "clean" as much as I possibly know how (I read somewhere of Ray's same thot on staying clean).  It would be better for me to stay clean in my discussions and not to some day have to back myself into a corner.  I completely understand that the original humor was innocent enough, but like I stated earlier, I didn't need to escalate it.

These verses describe who "I" was when I added my comment and made an unhealthy statement to the thread:

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.  Eph 4:29

Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving.  Eph 5:4

.... and obscene talk form your mouth.  Col 3:8

It is not what goes in the mouth that defiles a person but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.  Matt 15:11

.... keep your tongue from evil and your lips from deceit.  Ps 34:12

Put away from you crooked speech, and put devious talk far from you.  Pr 4:24

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.  Ps 19:14

Better is a poor person who walks in his integrity than one who is crooked in speech and is a fool.  Pr 19:1

The mouth of the righteous is a fountain of life, but the mouth of the wicked conceals violence.  Pr 10:11

I know, many of these verses may be "overkill" but they did and still do convict me.

Try to see another scenario in my perspective:  I haven't been near a woman for over 14 loooooong years.  I might try to convince myself otherwise, but it doesn't take much to send my imagination into a fantasized La La Land.  You have no idea what kind of thoughts I can conjure up (well, I take that back, I'm sure you can since you are a male :D ).  I'm sure if I was married to a "helpmate" and made those kinds of comments, I would at the very minimum be sleeping on the couch for a couple of nights for my unrighteous thinking.... and more than likely be sent to the "doghouse".....

To show you that I am not some ole stuffy "fuddy duddy" character, I'll post some light humor from youtube - one video of the male ego belittling female and one for the female ego belittling male.  All in good fun of course! Just for chuckles!

btw - if it be permissible, look for a discussion on "to the pure all things are pure" in the general discussion forum that you alluded to in your reply to my comment.

Again, nice to meet you John from Kentucky  -  I love you brother!

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 12:47:09 PM »

Look at it this way... After I "slept on it" and was given some time I got really convicted when I remembered that when I signed on that no one under 13 yrs. could become a member.  That leaves a big latitude from 13 to adulthood (whenever that may be). 

Excellent point, doug!  This is the first time I can recall any member bringing this point forward.  Thanks for the reminder. :)

René

John from Kentucky

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 04:45:54 PM »

(I'm terminally ugly.   :( )

As you are new here,  I'll keep my smart mouth and humor to myself

Hey Johan, would you pleeease stop that crazy talk. Some of us know the real you; know you have both a gentle and very sweet side . . and your humor is generally right on, for those who have eyes to see it   ;) :D.

Love you too brother,  :)

Janine,

Now I remember why I made you president of the JFK fan club.  The check is in the mail.

Regarding being terminally ugly, you need to get all the facts before forming a judgment.  Only the good looking guys and dolls post their photos on the Forum.  Those ugly among us know we need to hide.

A woman told Abraham Lincoln that he was the ugliest man she had ever seen.  He told her, "Well ma'am I can't help it.  This is the way God made me."  She said, "Well you don't have to walk around and let people see you!"    ;D ;D ;D

ez2u

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 01:37:38 AM »

God bless you Doug  for your openness and honesty

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 03:50:35 PM »

Hey John! Nice to meet you!

I see where you are coming from and I am as fun going as anybody, and I really enjoy kidding around with good humor.  With that said...

Did I mention anywhere in my post that I see sin in others?  No, I don't believe so! Nor did I imply it.  I believe you may have taken my request to remove "my" comment the wrong way.  It was never my intent to have the complete thread removed.  Only "my" name to be associated with it.  You may re post it a dozen times if you wish and it would not bother me in the least.

I understand that what is sin for some in not sin for others. - Rom 14:13.  All I am saying is.... how "my" comment affected "me".  I am NOT saying the post was wrong.  My conscience was convicted... that does not mean it was sinful to anyone else.  And at the time if I had known I could have deleted my comment myself, I would have with no questions asked!  And no animosity what so ever!  That's just who I am.

Look at it this way... After I "slept on it" and was given some time I got really convicted when I remembered that when I signed on that no one under 13 yrs. could become a member.  That leaves a big latitude from 13 to adulthood (whenever that may be).  I wouldn't want anyones young children or my kids when they were younger to confide in me and say "Daddy, I read your comment to the guy that lost so many wallets.  Would you please explain to me what exactly what that meant and especially what your comment meant?"  Well, I would never want to be put in that situation to "fudge" with less than an honest answer.  So, for me it would be better to stay "clean" as much as I possibly know how (I read somewhere of Ray's same thot on staying clean).  It would be better for me to stay clean in my discussions and not to some day have to back myself into a corner.  I completely understand that the original humor was innocent enough, but like I stated earlier, I didn't need to escalate it.

These verses describe who "I" was when I added my comment and made an unhealthy statement to the thread:

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.  Eph 4:29

Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving.  Eph 5:4

.... and obscene talk form your mouth.  Col 3:8

It is not what goes in the mouth that defiles a person but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.  Matt 15:11

.... keep your tongue from evil and your lips from deceit.  Ps 34:12

Put away from you crooked speech, and put devious talk far from you.  Pr 4:24

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.  Ps 19:14

Better is a poor person who walks in his integrity than one who is crooked in speech and is a fool.  Pr 19:1

The mouth of the righteous is a fountain of life, but the mouth of the wicked conceals violence.  Pr 10:11

I know, many of these verses may be "overkill" but they did and still do convict me.

Try to see another scenario in my perspective:  I haven't been near a woman for over 14 loooooong years.  I might try to convince myself otherwise, but it doesn't take much to send my imagination into a fantasized La La Land.  You have no idea what kind of thoughts I can conjure up (well, I take that back, I'm sure you can since you are a male :D ).  I'm sure if I was married to a "helpmate" and made those kinds of comments, I would at the very minimum be sleeping on the couch for a couple of nights for my unrighteous thinking.... and more than likely be sent to the "doghouse".....

To show you that I am not some ole stuffy "fuddy duddy" character, I'll post some light humor from youtube - one video of the male ego belittling female and one for the female ego belittling male.  All in good fun of course! Just for chuckles!

btw - if it be permissible, look for a discussion on "to the pure all things are pure" in the general discussion forum that you alluded to in your reply to my comment.

Again, nice to meet you John from Kentucky  -  I love you brother!

My comments were not directed specifically to you, but to all who had been following this matter.

I've got you beat.  I've been divorced for 28 looooooong years.  (I'm terminally ugly.   :( )

As you are new here,  I'll keep my smart mouth and humor to myself.

Welcome to the motley crew of the Forum.   ;D

Am i tooo late for the party?! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 23 queries.