bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Study Tools  (Read 8543 times)

nightmare sasuke

Free Study Tools
« on: July 19, 2006, 03:17:53 AM »

e-Sword: e-Sword is "a fast and effective way to study the Bible. e-Sword is feature rich and user friendly with more capabilities than you would expect in a free software package. The fact that e-Sword is free is just one of the blessings and does not speak of the quality of the software" (Rick Meyers, introduction).

At the press of a key, or click of a mouse, one can search throughout the entire Bible to check every instance of a single Hebrew, Greek, or English translated word. e-Sword contains a KJV (AV) set to Strong's numbers so one can check the Hebrew or Greek definitions. Abundant amounts, moreover, of translations and commentary are available for e-Sword (see The Chan).

Recommended translations[/I]:

- Rotherham's Emphasized

- Concordant Literal Version

- Young's Literal Translation

Scripture4all Interlinear Scripture Analyzer: "The objective of Scripture4all ... is to make the original Scriptures accessible for a broad public by developing tools to bridge the gap between the original Bible texts and Bible translations" (Scripture4all, about).

ISA is am interlinear program which contains both the Hebrew and Greek text of the Scriptures based on the Westcott-Hort text from 1881, combined with the NA26/27 variant, with a literal word for word translation under each verse. Like e-sword, amazing search abilities and dictionaries are available within this program, enabling one to search for every occurrence of a single Hebrew, Greek, or English translated word.

The Emphatic Diaglott: The Emphatic Diaglott is an interlinear version of the New Testament, based off the Vatican manuscript, No. 1209 in the Vatican Library, with a word for word literal translation contained under each verse.

"Scrupulous fidelity has been maintained throughout this version in giving the true rendering of the original text into English; no regard whatever being paid to the prevailing doctrines or prejudices of sects, or the peculiar tenets of theologians. To the Divine authority of the original Scriptures alone has there been the most humble and unbiashed submission" (Benjamin Wilson, preface).

Septuagint Interlinear Greek Bible: The Septuagint Interlinear Greek Bible contains the Greek rendering of the Old Testament, which was commonly used around the time of Christ.

This tool is effective for seeing how the Greeks interpreted and translated the Old Testament. This website contains the Septuagint in PDF form, interlinear style, with a word for word English translation.

ScriptureText: "Displays the Greek or Hebrew text for each verse of the Bible, followed by translations into multiple languages" (ScriptureText).
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 11:16:54 PM by nightmare sasuke »

all4love

Re: Free Study Tools
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 03:59:38 PM »

NS, 

Thank you so much, I have the e-sword but was looking for some added help.  Much appreciated.

May God Bless you,
Amy

nightmare sasuke

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 06:43:43 PM »

I'm buying a ton of useful Bible study tools, once I get them and look them over, I'll post a review or something of them and tell you were you can buy them.

all4love

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 06:45:37 PM »

ok thank you

Brett

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 08:46:01 PM »

nightmare sasuke,

Thank you for the info of e-sword about added more Bibles. I have Registration done. But I couldn't get Rotherham's Emphasized into e-sword. Do you have any suggest of how to put in?

Thank you,

nightmare sasuke

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 11:12:29 PM »

nightmare sasuke,

Thank you for the info of e-sword about added more Bibles. I have Registration done. But I couldn't get Rotherham's Emphasized into e-sword. Do you have any suggest of how to put in?

Thank you,

When you un-zip the file you might have to paste it into the e-Sword folder in your programs. When you go to the e-Sword folder in your programs does it show that Rotherham's Emphasized Bible is in there?

Brett

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 02:07:05 AM »

nightmare sasuke,

Thank you,

When you un-zip the file you might have to paste it into the e-Sword folder in your programs. When you go to the e-Sword folder in your programs does it show that Rotherham's Emphasized Bible is in there?

I did just like I have CLV and is working but  Rtherham's does not show in e-sword Bibles. Even with click option then resource, etc. like CLV.

Does it work in your e-sword?

nightmare sasuke

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 05:46:25 AM »

nightmare sasuke,

Thank you,

I did just like I have CLV and is working but  Rtherham's does not show in e-sword Bibles. Even with click option then resource, etc. like CLV.

It works for me. The only thing I can think for you to do is re-download it. Check in your program folder/e-Sword folder to see if it's there. If it still doesn't work... I don't know. Sorry.

nightmare sasuke

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 06:08:07 AM »

Here's a list of some books I just bought.

• Interlinear Hebrew-Greek-English Bible, by J.P. Green
  • Interlinear KJV Parallel Greek-English New Testament, by George Ricker Berry
  • The New Greek-English Interlinear New Testament (Personal Size), by Robert K. Brown
  • Figures of Speech Used in the Bible: Explained and Illustrated, by Ethelbert W. Bullinger
  • Basics of Biblical Greek Grammar, by William D. Mounce
  • The Text of the Earliest New Testament Greek Manuscripts, by Philip W. Comfort (Editor), David P. Barrett (Editor)

I will post reviews on each of them once I receive them.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 06:09:28 AM by nightmare sasuke »

Brett

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 07:36:42 PM »

nightmare sasuke,

Thank you,

It works for me. The only thing I can think for you to do is re-download it. Check in your program folder/e-Sword folder to see if it's there. If it still doesn't work... I don't know. Sorry.

I found it. I clicked on Rotherham's Emphasized in your post but that was not for e-sword as you can see word 'Gategory' but I found 'e-sword for window' I click it and I click Bible then click english and found Rotherhams for e-sword. Just like 'Category: Main -> e-Sword for Windows -> Bibles -> English'. I think you might want to change web address for http://www.thechan.com/gate.html?name=Downloads&cid=24  for your post.

Hope you understand my language.

DaleRay

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2006, 02:36:10 AM »

Anything for Mac OS X (Intel) as far as you know?

Many thanks,

Dale Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.