bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: thanksgiving  (Read 3042 times)

ez2u

thanksgiving
« on: April 14, 2012, 01:27:49 AM »

I just love this and want to share it again

Periodically I thank God for everything I have—I mean everything. Including the many things that most people take for granted. You have heard of counting sheep to fall asleep? Well I fall asleep many nights thanking God for all of my blessings. I start where I am—on my comfortable mattress and pillow, next to my wife, in an air-conditioned room.

You heard me right: I start by thanking God for my pillow and my comfortable bed. How many people in the history of the world have ever had a bed as comfortable as mine? Not even one percent. I thank God for my wife lying next to me. I thank God for my children. I thank God for our great little feline companions. I thank God for air conditioning in the summer and central heating in the winter. I thank God for our home, my office, our large living room for Bible Studies, our television that enables me to see the major news events of the world instantly, and documentaries (I watch a fair amount of the Science Channel, National Geographic, the History Channel, etc.)

I thank God especially for our refrigerator. Do you have any idea how much kings and queens of the past would have given for a refrigerator? And add to that, a plethora of fresh fruits, vegetables, juices, and ice cold water. I never take my refrigerator or all that is in it, for granted. I thank God for indoor plumbing. Most of the world does not have indoor plumbing or even good drinking water. How many in the world drink warm, muddy water? How blessed we are.

I thank God for all of my friends, and all those coming to our Conferences, and for all who read bible-truths.com and participate in our Discussion Forum. I thank God for the Truths that He has given me to share with all these people. I thank God for the miracles of electronic email (which takes up a great deal of my life).

I thank God that I don’t need to live in a war zone, for the protection of our civil authorities, and for emergency services.

I thank God for being such a great and loving God and for giving us the secrets of His plan and purpose, His kingdom, and our eternal destiny with Him. I thank God for His Word. I even thank God for our tribulations and ask only that He gives us the strength to endure and the spiritual understanding to see the purpose and value in all God does. There is so much to be thankful for, and God wants us to be thankful. Notice how little it took for Paul to be content with God’s dealing with him: "And having food and raiment let us be therewith content" (I Tim. 6:8).

Anyway, I often pray myself to sleep just giving God thanks for my many blessings. Here is one of my favorite Scriptures, and it just happens to be on proper prayer and meditation:

"Be rejoicing in the Lord always! Again, I will declare, be rejoicing! Let your lenience be known to all men: The Lord is near. DO NOT WORRY ABOUT ANYTHING, but in everything, by prayer and petition, WITH THANKSGIVING, let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God, that is superior to every frame of mind, shall be garrisoning your hearts and your apprehensions in Christ Jesus.

For the rest, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is grave, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is agreeable, whatever is renowned—if there be any virtue, and if any applause, be taking these into account. What you learned also, and accepted and hear and perceived in me, these be putting into practice, and the God of peace will be with you" (Phil. 4-9, Concordant Literal N.T.).

Ah, yes, "the God of peace will be with you." What more do we want? Really: what more do we want?

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 02:47:01 AM »

thanks for posting this wonderful letter from ray ez2u.  i remember reading it a while back.  i have done this often myself, and indeed, i end up falling asleep in the middle of thanking God the Father.  such a reminder of how blessed we are in so many ways in these times.  and then there's the other stuff.  everything in the carnal world of the will of the flesh.  but, even, and especially, in the trials and tribulations throughout our lives, we can be thankful and feel the blessing of knowing the hard times are our training grounds.  our lake of fire, yet, our training grounds for learning to serve with Christ Jesus, the Savior of all mankind. 

thanks again ez for the reminders.

claudia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.