bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: this old house  (Read 5110 times)

ez2u

this old house
« on: April 15, 2012, 05:21:21 PM »

We are remodeling  an old house that has been in the family for close to 45 years, not much was done to it, good- bad, something to be said for leaving things the way they are unless a pro does the work.  We have a certain amount of experience ( my husband and I)  The work , which i thought would be done in middle of February has now extend out to  today.  Our souls have been tried.  If anyone has been through this process you know what I am saying!!!I have been on my knees a lot praying God help!  Many things with in me has been challenged,  make no mistake I will walk away from this house a different person. more questions than answers.  One of the biggest questions i have is how important is doctrine, be it Bible, daily living etc compared to relationships'?  How important is right and wrong compared to co- existence?  This female- male rub that we speak here, there and laugh about behind our frustrations, how do we resolve?  I have been looking , reading the words, studying the Greek, Hebrew, what i could get my hands on with prayer and fasting for answers.  Our cord demeanor comes to play in our relationships.  Exterior, interior.  whats going on in our heads whats going on around us.  A few answers.  Bottom line question is what do you think is the most important elements in a relationship between us human beings?

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: this old house
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 01:12:49 AM »

ez2u,
What ever you do, what ever your contribution is.
Do it to build up your partner.
It does not matter whether you are credited with the success of the task.
Do it to build up your husband, your children, your family.
Our God knows your heart and you will receive your reward in due time.

Love and hugs, Indiana bob.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 01:47:16 AM »

Bottom line question is what do you think is the most important elements in a relationship between us human beings?

Love, followed close behind by humility, peace and patience.

When you don't have those sometimes (and I certainly don't at times) then a reasonable facsimile thereof.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 01:53:21 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 11:12:32 AM »

Hi ez2u,

I can see how male and female have been created with different thought processes, we just look at things differently. Just a very basic idea of a much more complicated subject, women seem to be more sensitive to feelings and emotions in problem solving, men seems to consider rational and logical more. We also have different communication styles, men tend to be introspective, internalizing and thinking through problems, where as women tend to use discussion as a way to figure out a solution.

When not understood these differences can cause frustration and misunderstanding, as both are working against each other in trying to apply their method to the other. But when understood and used in harmony these differences can be a asset to the relationship. Together the two male and female minds actually become a whole and have all the essentials and work much better in dealing with life circumstances. So I believe a partnership of male and female becomes a complete being when working together in harmony. That's what I think is meant when God said "they shall become one flesh."

Gen 2:24  Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

Bottom line question is what do you think is the most important elements in a relationship between us human beings?

Working together, instead of against each other. Now this is requires, as Dave said "Love, followed close behind by humility, peace and patience." And I think these elements of the fruit of the spirit are rarely (if ever) applied by both in a marriage relationship. Maybe there are moments when each will apply one of these fruits to a degree, but not consistently and it's not enough for them to really see the beauty of what there could be.

No, usually what we see is the lack of understanding and the unwillingness to give proper consideration to the other gender. We just throw our hands up in the air and say 'can't be figured out.' Again those elements that Dave gave "Love, followed close behind by humility, peace and patience" applied by both would go a long way to give us the relationship/partnership that is intended. Just wanted to say what I was thinking on this.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 12:16:22 PM »

In harmony with the other replies, the scriptures clearly answer this question:

"You shall love your neighbor as yourself." (Matt. 22:39, Mark 12:31, Luke 10:27, Romans 13:9, Gal. 5:14)

"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast, it is not arrogant or rude.  It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful, it does not rejoice at wrong doing, but rejoices with the truth....Love never fails."  (1 Cor. 13:4-8)

If we would always treat others as we want to be treated, we would never be impatient, rude, short tempered, arrogant, mean-spirited, unkind, dishonest, or hateful.  In other words, we would never be unloving.

René

doug

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 02:33:54 PM »

"You shall love your neighbor as yourself." (Matt. 22:39, Mark 12:31, Luke 10:27, Romans 13:9, Gal. 5:14)

"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast, it is not arrogant or rude.  It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful, it does not rejoice at wrong doing, but rejoices with the truth....Love never fails."  (1 Cor. 13:4-8)

René

Yes!  Rene' beat me to it!   The Golden Rule!!

ez2u

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 02:43:32 AM »

really good answers   all of them   the application of them is costly how costly  the death of Jesus Christ  being in this situation i must be being born again i sure mess up a lot but Jesus is faithful i am trying  some say very trying ha ha
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.