bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Martial Art Demonstration  (Read 4681 times)

Foxx

Martial Art Demonstration
« on: April 16, 2012, 11:31:34 PM »

So I've had a few people here and there ask in more detail about what I do so I thought I would  provide a link for this demonstration I did at a friend's church a few weeks ago. He knows my views regarding Christ and the salvation of all but I was still welcomed to come and do this self defense seminar for kids, part of a "stranger awareness" type program. At any rate this is just the demo portion and I thought I would share with my friends on BT   ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UU0DozIWDok4kvUN2NQL6roA&feature=player_detailpage&v=xvKSCEKwWhg

Blessings

P.S. to mods if my assumption of starting this thread as being ok is wrong feel free to block it. Obviously I don't want to violate the terms of forum in any way so I'm posting this assuming I'm not. Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 11:33:57 PM by Foxx »

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Martial Art Demonstration
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 02:17:53 AM »

WOW foxx! 

claudia

GaryK

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 01:17:22 PM »

Good stuff Foxx.

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 09:33:48 AM »

Thanks for the demonstration Foxx,
I'm interested in the physics of opening that beer bottle from the bottom.
Not that I would ever try it at the family picnic of course.  ;D
How does force or pressure on the cap, cork or mouth of it separate the bottom of the bottle from the body of it?
Indiana Bob

doug

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 01:25:03 PM »

Thanks for the demonstration Foxx,
I'm interested in the physics of opening that beer bottle from the bottom.
Not that I would ever try it at the family picnic of course.  ;D
How does force or pressure on the cap, cork or mouth of it separate the bottom of the bottle from the body of it?
Indiana Bob

Hey, Indiana Bob

Thanks for your welcome on my introduction post!  Nice meeting you!

Maybe Foxx has another method, but here is one trick that is used for breaking the bottom out of a bottle......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDMcrvjDpCY&feature=related

Foxx

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 03:08:17 PM »

Actually that video pretty much summarizes how it's accomplished. Although he held it on his hip to get the leverage he wanted I suppose.

While I will say that it is not difficult, I have heard of many people injuring themselves attempting it. The two main things are bruised or jammed hands/fingers and the other thing, which is more severe i suppose, is cutting the hand on the glass. If it isn't done just right the bottle breaks at the neck and if it's not being held properly then the holding hand can get cut. So while the physics of it are simple executing it can be risky because you are hitting something that you're holding that is made of potentially sharp glass.

I actually wanted to do another technique which was to break the necks of the bottle by, I guess I should say "chopping" them. But seeing as how this was the lawn of a church which kids run around on I opted not to do that, ha!

At any rate, thanks for all the positive comments so far everyone!

Foxx

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 02:57:01 AM »

I started training in 2001. The two styles I focus on primarily are Hapkido and Taekwondo.

And thank you for the compliments!

Duane

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 02:43:20 AM »

Foxx--very nice demonstation!   I studied under Hidy Ochiai for five years.  Even at 65 years old he did and does teach his OWN classes.  Many nationally known figures have interns do their classes but he is nearing 70 and still is unbeatable sparring his students!  He leads 3 whole exercize classes followed by the lessons each day as well as being a philosophy professor at Binghamton University in between.  Quite an amazing fellow!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 19 queries.