bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have two prayer requests  (Read 4244 times)

Foxx

I have two prayer requests
« on: April 20, 2012, 11:42:42 PM »

I'm having ACL surgery next Friday so support from my BT family would be welcomed. I injured it last year and surgery is just now happening so I'm excited and nervous about it.

the second is one of dogs, Cocoa has a form of leukemia. We found out today, there is a small chance of recovery. Over the next couple of weeks she will undergo treatments so I would like prayer for my family and our good little pet. She is quite possibly the nicest dog I've ever known.

thank you friends!

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: I have two prayer requests
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 12:09:07 AM »

I know the love we have for our dogs. I'll be praying- for you and her.

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 04:45:09 AM »

prayers that your scheduled surgery is successful and that your recovery is quick.  i also know the deep love one can develop for their pet(s).  there are many alternative therapies for your cocoa, so learn as much as you can.  prayers for her recovery as well.

claudia

Nan

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 11:50:55 AM »

Praying for your situation.

ez2u

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 01:13:28 AM »

will pray for you and your dog cocoa  please let us know how you and your dog does?

Foxx

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 01:27:04 PM »

Thank you everyone for your prayers about my surgery and our family pet. As far as I know surgery is still planned for Friday, it is going to be an arthroscopic surgery, so minimally invasive. They will use part of my hamstring to reconstruct the ACL.   so no new information regarding that.

As for our dog, she has a type of auto immune disease where the antibodies latch on to red blood cells. Her body in turn interprets this as an attack from a "foreign invader" and begins to kill the red blood cells. For the last few days she has been on a few drugs that force it into remission. However, her blood platlets continue to lower, unless they shows signs of going up today then we may be putting her to sleep today as well. Although, my hope is that the medicine will kick in soon. Generally it takes a week...but its only been a few days.  The silver lining to all this is she doesn't seem to be in pain, she has a healthy appetite, and aside from being tired she has bursts of energy and sticks to her habit of stealing our socks. At any rate, we don't want her to get to the point where she is in pain. So we will see if her condition has worsened. Thank you again for all your prayers everyone, it means so much.

Gina

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 02:29:40 AM »

Hey Matt, 

Tell us about your surgery.

Foxx

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 12:06:44 AM »

hello BT family. Its been 4 weeks since surgery and recovery is going well. Two more weeks and I'll be off crutches. I began physical therapy last week and I'm going twice a week now. My therapist is very knowledgeable and kind. Thank you for the prayers. Its still a long road ahead but I'll be doing my best.

Gina

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 01:24:52 PM »

You'll be a trickin' and a parkourin' in no time, good Lord willin' and the crick don't rise.  ;D

So happy your surgery went well, my friend.   :)
Gina

david mc fauld

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 02:04:47 PM »

No problem.

Dave Mc.

Vera

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 01:22:36 AM »

Keep you in my prayers....
Vera.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.