bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New Article: Was it better for Judas had he not been born?  (Read 13716 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
New Article: Was it better for Judas had he not been born?
« on: April 21, 2012, 04:09:43 PM »

New: Was it better for Judas had he not been born?

http://bible-truths.com/JudasNotBorn.htm

mharrell08

Re: New Article: Was it better for Judas had he not been born?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 05:17:51 PM »

Thanks for the heads up Dennis and great article by Ray.

Duane

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 01:21:54 AM »

Great article!  Thank you!

santgem

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 03:34:52 AM »

Inspiring article. Thanks a lot.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 04:14:41 AM »

Excellent! Thank you Ray!

This is worded oddly, feels like a word is missing. I'll insert with a bracket. Might want to ask Ray about this one, not totally sure on how He wanted it worded.

"Since Judas did not submit to God, Satan the Devil took him.  When Satan departed, Judas [WAS/BECAME..] inspired to do the right thing."

A typo; "crime than that of Judas giving Jesus a KISS ON THE CHECK?! " Should read: Cheek.

Just trying to help out, sorry if this was already pointed out!

Love =]

Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

onelovedread

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 03:32:58 PM »

When I read the section:
"I don't know what judgments might yet be in store for Judas, but one thing is for sure, his dying deeds and thoughts were that of sorrow and repentance for the evil he had done to his LORD.  Perhaps his judgments will be less than what might be inflicted upon those who joyfully teach that Judas is going to hell for all eternity."
I wondered what judgments will be on those who commit suicide. I just realized that in the old church system I was taught that if someone took their own life they would be forever lost.
Ray is definitely not teaching that.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 04:09:41 PM »

What a wonderful article.  This was one of the 'passages' along with the teaching that flowed out of it that perverted my view of God by believing at a young age.  How great is it to have a 'sounder' mind'?
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Patrick

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 05:06:35 PM »

A great way to start the day! Thanks, Dennis!

indianabob

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 07:28:08 PM »

Thanks Ray and Dennis for the enlightenment.

I had difficulty with the detail of the first explanation section, but continued on to the end and found that the real understanding all came together. It all seems so logical and simple when a person has had a few thousand hours of preparation.  ;)  8)

chav

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 11:52:49 AM »

Hi
Good article I enjoyed it a lot.I have never ever heard an othodox christian state that Judas was deeply penitent after his betrayal of Christ.
Dave

Extol

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 01:04:19 PM »

Good stuff as always from Ray!

Yesterday my wife and I were talking about the beliefs of various denominations, and she commented on how the Bible is such a misunderstood book. I told her it was certainly no accident, that God meant it to be that way. She asked me why God hides the truth, so we talked about Matthew 13 and "eyes that see but do not see." I realized how amazing it is that God can keep hidden things that are so plain--things like "God will have all men be saved" (1 Tim. 2:4) and "God works all things after the counsel of his will" (Eph. 1:11). These truths are right there in front of us, yet most Christians can't see it--and most of us couldn't see it either for most of our lives.

This Judas passage is another example of that...One little misunderstood word--"him"--reinforces the idea of eternal hell for billions of people throughout the centuries, keeping them from the Truth. Just one more example of God working all things after the counsel of his will.  8)

Duane

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 12:02:07 AM »

Extol---What took me painfully long to learn was that God KNOWS the attitudes that people have toward what HE has revealed to them.  Though many things are OBVIOUS to us --the same thing is still hidden from their eyes..  They hold tenaciously to what they feel comfortable in knowing and "throwing a monkey wrench" into their mix of beliefs is very upsetting to them.  Therefore, when unsure, really dig the heels in and even use the heretic word as a last recourse! 
UNTIL God opens the eyes--no amount of reasoning or Bible verses will do any good.
It takes prayer and patience--the same kind that people used to "bring us along".

Mbongiseni

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 08:03:47 AM »

Thanks Dennis and all
It's so amazing learning the truth bit by bit; such wisdom revealed cannot be measured in human terms. It takes a man like Ray to unveil such spiritual truths since he is filled with a measure of God's spirit. This particular article is an eye opener concerning the baylonian teachings of hell torment. I really thank God for drawing me nearer to the B-T.
God bless all
Mbo

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 03:22:41 PM »

Good read. Glad to see Ray able to continue His work. :)

fireman

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 04:53:27 PM »

when i found out the truth that souls would not be going to a place of never ending torment i shouted FATHER u are worthy to be praised. KING OF kings and LORD OF lords :) :) :)

cjwood

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 01:31:22 AM »

amen fireman, amen!!!

claudia

Duane

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 08:41:00 PM »

Fireman--the TRUTH put out "one kind of FIRE--man"!  (the hell/torment kind)  just a "play on words" that I am so prone to!

John9362

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 09:05:22 PM »

Pass it on to Ray please Dennis, we appreciate all his great work during these difficult/painfull times.

**Love you Ray !! :)

John

gmik

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2012, 12:53:40 AM »

glad to read the new paper.  amazing as usual.

I find it so odd about satan entering in Judas, making him betray Jesus, then when Satan leaves him, Judas takes FULL responsibilty for the deed. Even when in Isaiah it says God was pleased to bruise Jesus. I don't know how Judas could be blamed then.  Great paper but i think it gave me more to question.  ha..leave it to Ray to get me to thinking...

I also have never thought of Judas in relation to the Laying down your life for a friend scripture.

Kat

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2012, 11:56:20 AM »

Hi Gena,

I find it so odd about satan entering in Judas, making him betray Jesus, then when Satan leaves him, Judas takes FULL responsibilty for the deed. Even when in Isaiah it says God was pleased to bruise Jesus. I don't know how Judas could be blamed then.

You have to consider who Judas was before that night when Satan entered him, this was not all Satan's doing. Judas was a thief, he was this type of person and surely had been before this.

John 12:3  Then Mary took a pound of very costly oil of spikenard, anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped His feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the oil.
v. 4  But one of His disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, who would betray Him, said,
v. 5  "Why was this fragrant oil not sold for three hundred denarii and given to the poor?"
v. 6  This he said, not that he cared for the poor, but because he was a thief, and had the money box; and he used to take what was put in it.

Now you know that Jesus knew this about Judas and He had given him that position of holding their money as to bring out this covetousness and lust for money in Judas. Though Satan did not 'make' Judas do this, he was a thief, it was in his carnal nature and it was ultimately his downfall. 

Luke 16:13  No servant can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money." (ESV)

This was a weakness in Judas and he had allowed his greed for money to overshadow all else, you can not serve two masters and he was still carnal and unconverted. Yes Satan used that to do his work and Judas was a willing participant of his cunning influence.

John 13:2  And supper being ended, the devil having already put it into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray Him,

I do not believe that Satan possessed Judas so that he did not know what he was doing. Judas had allowed this horrible notion to enter his mind/heart and take root, of course Satan had already been working with him on this most important mission Satan ever had. So as the critical time drew near yes Satan was there to influence/enter his mind to carry this deed to the bitter end. Yes Satan can be a strong influence, but only to the mind that is open to it.

James 4:7  Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Eph 4:27  nor give place to the devil.

1Peter 5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
v. 9  Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 23 queries.