bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Article: Was it better for Judas had he not been born?  (Read 13696 times)

mharrell08

Re: New Article: Was it better for Judas had he not been born?
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2012, 12:35:04 PM »

Judas wasn't the first person that Satan has entered and won't be the last:

1Peter 5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

Gina

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2012, 06:20:25 PM »

Gena:

Those are great points to ponder.  I thought the same things myself.  This is all I can come up with so far:

1.  Someone had to do it!

2.  And Judas "volunteered" for the task to be that lying spirit.  (2 Chron. 18:21)

3.  Satan entered Judas much the same way God enters us and makes His abode with us.   Satan's entrance into Judas made them so "emotionally intertwined" that they became "one."   

4.  And that's why Judas is to be blamed. 

As for Judas laying his life down for his Friend.  Okay -- do you remember how Jesus said to his disciples:

John 15:15  Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you

See?  So it's not that Judas was ever Jesus' friend; however, Jesus was definitely Judas' friend.  That, my friend, is how it was possible for Judas to lay his life down for his Friend.

I hope that helps a little. :)

santgem

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2012, 10:16:36 AM »

This is the only time in the history of the world that we have an account of Satan actually entering into and possessing the mind of another human being.

"Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve. And he went his way, and communed with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray him unto them" (Luke 22:3-4).

But to, why?

"While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Thy Name: those that You gave Me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled" (John 17:12). 

I  pray and  hope that there will be no more any human being that Satan actually entering into and possessing the mind…

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Jam 4:7

mharrell08

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2012, 10:30:24 AM »

This is the only time in the history of the world that we have an account of Satan actually entering into and possessing the mind of another human being.

"Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve. And he went his way, and communed with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray him unto them" (Luke 22:3-4).

There are other times in the scriptures. What happened with Judas betraying Christ and Eve eating the forbidden fruit in the Garden is not much different. Whether we see the words 'Satan entering into' or simply speaking as a serpent, the same influence is being done on the carnal mind. Just something to think about.

Thanks,

Marques

Gina

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2012, 01:10:49 PM »

There are other times in the scriptures. What happened with Judas betraying Christ and Eve eating the forbidden fruit in the Garden is not much different. Whether we see the words 'Satan entering into' or simply speaking as a serpent, the same influence is being done on the carnal mind. Just something to think about.

Thanks,

Marques

I agree with Marques.  Here are just a few examples:

John 8:44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Matthew 13:38 The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one,

John 6:70 Then Jesus replied, "Have I not chosen you, the Twelve? Yet one of you is a devil!"  (Speaking of Judas - a son of the evil one?)

Acts 13:10 "You are a child of the devil and an enemy of everything that is right! You are full of all kinds of deceit and trickery. Will you never stop perverting the right ways of the Lord?

1 John 3:8 He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work.1 John 3:10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.

I'm also thinking of those that murdered Job's servants:

Job 1:13 One day when Job’s sons and daughters were feasting and drinking wine at the oldest brother’s house, 14a messenger came to Job and said, “The oxen were plowing and the donkeys were grazing nearby, 15and the Sabeans attacked and carried them off. They put the servants to the sword, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!”   (Sabeans:  sons of the evil one -- possessed by Satan -- at "one" with Satan, having done the deed of Satan.)

Matthew 16:23 Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."

And last but not least:

Rev 12:9 The great dragon was hurled down--that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 09:52:32 PM by Gina »

santgem

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2012, 03:54:42 AM »

Thanks,

Marques

i do agree in; Whether we see the words 'Satan entering into' or simply speaking as a serpent, the same influence is being done on the carnal mind

but what i understand in Ray's point of view is that, Satan entering into, it is literal that Satan possessed Judas mind...

We are all influence by Satan and his angels to do against the will of God and still continues up to this date but, Satan possessing and entering into the mind of Judas is a Literal event and it will be the last.

Why? Because, that the scripture might be fulfilled"

Gina

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2012, 12:33:41 PM »

Santgem:  How are you defining the word "literal"?

iris

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2012, 07:10:14 PM »

Good article! Thank you!

Blessings,
Iris

santgem

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2012, 03:30:45 AM »

Santgem:  How are you defining the word "literal"?

Sister,

my definition of literal in my post is "a literal account of the incident"......meaning it is actually happened. happened in such a way that,  say,

Satan entered and controlled the mind of Judas.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.