bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please pray for my mother  (Read 3802 times)

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Please pray for my mother
« on: April 23, 2012, 04:12:00 PM »

Hello all,

This Saturday my mother began to have terrible rashes and redness and whiteness all over her body, followed by swelling of the lips. After a while she also began to feel cold. We asked her if she had eaten something particular, since this was obviously some kind of allergic reaction. After a while, she told us that she began (after a break) to take her anti-cholesterol pills again, I believe they are called Lipitor. I firmly believe that this is the reason. Her doctor, which amazes me with his naive reasoning, said that it is probably not the drug, but the break she made in taking them... He recommends that she takes anti-allergy pills to fight off the allergic reaction. If it is not over in a week he said that they will see then. It seems to me that he is pushing these anti-cholesterol drugs on a huge scale. I will ask my parents to find another doctor when this is over.

I've read on the net now that some cholesterol-lowering agents with statin have 19 pages of side-effects listed. Some doctors say that they are really dangerous. I think my mother has been using these for the last 5 years. She has had trouble remembering at times, but she has blamed this on stress and age. I'm thinking now that perhaps these drugs are the cause. Please pray for her to be well, and that God works a miracle for them.

God be with you all,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

octoberose

Re: Please pray for my mother
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 12:25:05 AM »

My husband stayed off the statin drugs and lost a bunch of weight and now he doesn't need them. If your mom is open to alternative doctors that may be a great way to go. I'll pray for God's wisdom to be so evident that you both will have a clear answer.

ez2u

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 01:02:40 PM »

yes i believe your initial thoughts are probably correct "drug pushers"  we need to pray for the AMS

eggi

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 05:43:07 PM »

Thank you dear friends for your prayers!

I'm glad to say that my mother is much better. We will try to find alternative treatments for her, although it is true that she has had high cholesterol. As Dennis stated in the thread about his dentist, we need to be pro-active.

Praise God for all!

God bless you all,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 02:00:09 AM »

Hello all,

This Saturday my mother began to have terrible rashes and redness and whiteness all over her body, followed by swelling of the lips. After a while she also began to feel cold. We asked her if she had eaten something particular, since this was obviously some kind of allergic reaction. After a while, she told us that she began (after a break) to take her anti-cholesterol pills again, I believe they are called Lipitor. I firmly believe that this is the reason. Her doctor, which amazes me with his naive reasoning, said that it is probably not the drug, but the break she made in taking them... He recommends that she takes anti-allergy pills to fight off the allergic reaction. If it is not over in a week he said that they will see then. It seems to me that he is pushing these anti-cholesterol drugs on a huge scale. I will ask my parents to find another doctor when this is over.

I've read on the net now that some cholesterol-lowering agents with statin have 19 pages of side-effects listed. Some doctors say that they are really dangerous. I think my mother has been using these for the last 5 years. She has had trouble remembering at times, but she has blamed this on stress and age. I'm thinking now that perhaps these drugs are the cause. Please pray for her to be well, and that God works a miracle for them.

God be with you all,
Eirik

Your doctors reasoning is not entirely naive in my humble opinion. Had the allergic reaction been due solely to the lipitor pill, your mother would have had an allergic reaction to it five years ago but you did not mention this to be the case. It appears as you said, after taking a break from them and resuming the intake that she is now having a reaction to them. Taking a break being the key fact here. I don't understand the complexity or the side effects of lipitor but your mother's doctor very well might know something about the drug that we do not which is causing him to be cautious in saying that it is the pill itself. If it is indeed the pill.. then your mother's body must have developed an intolerance to the pill during the time she had stopped taking it but in my lack of understanding of this drug and medicine in general, i'm not even sure if this is possible so perhaps this is why you doctor doubts the cause being the pill?

I'm not sure about her memory loss either but you could be right about that. Specially if it is listed as a symptom and if her memory loss began happening right around the time she was put on the drug.

Regardless, I will pray for your mother, I just thought I would chime in a few thoughts on the matter.

With love,

Alex
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 02:02:16 AM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

eggi

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 06:49:50 PM »

Hi Alex,

Yes, you are right about what you point out. The break is the key. I was shocked to find out that many of the problems she has had in the last years are also mentioned as side-effects of the pills. But I'm not certain of anything, and you are right, the doctor might know something. Unfortunately I have heard so many examples of doctors who put all their trust in a medicine without seeing the whole picture.

Perhaps it is due to the pills, perhaps not. Most people have health problems as they grow older, but the way I see it, she began to have many problems after beginning with these pills. Again, this might just be due to her general condition. I don't know. It's hard to not be near-sighted in matters like this, so thank you for your balancing words, dear brother!

With equal love,
Eirik
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.