bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Email  (Read 4363 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Email
« on: July 19, 2006, 12:04:54 PM »

As I have said so many times: Where oh where DO they come from?
Ray

Ray,

You are very self confident in your understanding of God and the Bible.  However, you could be wrong?   I have a good understanding of God's word but I am probably wrong on certain points.  Anyone that believes they are never wrong has become their own god, kind of like Tom Cruise, David Koresh, or Jim Jones.

I do not have to understand the whole Bible to understand what I need to do.  No person understands the whole Bible, not even you.  Shear length of response does not make for an accurate argument.  If it takes a person 10,000 words to make a point, then they've probably made a mistake along the way.  You put a lot of stock in your interpretation of single words from the Greek text, etc.  You could be wrong.  The guy who told you what the Greek word meant 1900 years ago could be wrong.  For example what did "gay" mean 50 years ago in English?  Also, I would not put a whole lot of stock in trying to define what eternity is or what ages are.  You don't know what eternity is, neither do I.  God stands outside of time as we know it.  Since we do not understand time, we cannot understand the true nature of God.  What does "in the beginning" mean?

Your whole philosphy can be summed up in a few words:  "It doesn't matter."  What if you are wrong and it does matter.   What a if person does make a difference.  What if I help lead a person to Christ that might otherwise never even open the Bible.  It could make a difference.  What you do on your web site makes a difference.  Does God like it?

Best regards,
    EJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 23 queries.