bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Holy Bible  (Read 5321 times)

ez2u

Holy Bible
« on: April 29, 2012, 10:57:11 PM »

where is the Holy Bible?  Where is the Bible that is the infallible word of God?   The inspired word of God?  I just read  Rays teaching on Judas and  the translations are so miss leading.  A young Christian first reading the word  gets all mixed up.  You see where I am going with this. How can we trust what it says if its' translated in error?  which it is and takes a lot of studying, praying to know the difference.  What do you believe and who?

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Holy Bible
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 11:04:22 PM »

where is the Holy Bible?  Where is the Bible that is the infallible word of God?   The inspired word of God?  I just read  Rays teaching on Judas and  the translations are so miss leading.  A young Christian first reading the word  gets all mixed up.  You see where I am going with this. How can we trust what it says if its' translated in error?  which it is and takes a lot of studying, praying to know the difference.  What do you believe and who?

I think the hard reality people need to come to terms with is the fact that God doesn't want the whole world to believe in Him right now. This is why He sends strong delusion.

He is not even calling everyone but rather only many and of those many He is choosing even a smaller amount, a few.

As with the Israelites and pharaoh, when God demanded pharaoh let His people go and in turn was the very one who gave pharaoh the strength to resist Him, God's plan in our eyes often times seem to contradict His very will!

Yet we know that God is doing things the absolute, most necessary and perfect way for His will to be accomplished and ultimately so that we may benefit the most. In fact, I believe we benefit the most out of all this, because of His very will being the way it is. I think that's how much He loves us. A Father doing all things in the interest of His children, including His final goal being entirely for them, so that they may benefit many times more than He ever would. What absolute selflessness! That's some real love if you ask me, what patience it must require!

Just some thoughts, good question though and always a very interesting topic!

God bless,

Alex
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 11:11:09 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

servias

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 11:12:47 PM »

I think the hard reality people need to come to terms with is the fact that God doesn't want the whole world to believe in Him right now. This is why He sends strong delusion.

I think you hit the nail on the head!  Thanks!

Kat

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 01:13:45 AM »

Hi ez2u,

I know all the yrs I was in the church I was stumbling around in darkness trying to understand what they taught from the Bible. God has hidden the truth from them in plain sight, so to speak. But God is able to reveal the mysteries of the truth at any time and has greatly blessed us with all the things we learn on BT. He sent us someone to teach us the fundamentals we need to understand the Scripture.

Act 8:30  And Philip ran there to him and heard him read the prophet Isaiah, and said, Do you indeed understand what you are reading?
v. 31  And he said, How can I unless some man should guide me? And he asked Philip to come up and sit with him.

Mat 13:11  He answered and said to them, Because it is given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of Heaven, but it is not given to them.

God has provided a treasure trove through this site. There was a conference that Ray spoken a great deal on 'How We Got the Bible'  http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5815.0.html All this research and explanation of the Bible helped me a great deal and I have confidence we have all we need as God provided.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

acomplishedartis

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 01:28:07 AM »

ez2u

Where is the Bible that is the infallible word of God? It's in the Manuscripts of course. They are many, many of them(if I well remember more than 3500) that have been found on different places, and they where written at different times. They all coincide greatly. For me, it would be harder to believe that the whole think is fake and invented by somebody than to believe that it's the infallible word of God.

Now, when it comes to translations. Obviously there are sentences and words that are more difficult to translate than other ones. The one Ray refered on his new paper was a difficult one. You can't generalize and pretend that now you can't trust what you read on your bible studies, why? because there is a lot of content that is not that difficult to know what it means (of course, if you always take in account that there is no hell, and the real meaning of the word eternal), however that doesn't mean that we shouldn't examine and study more deeply.

Personally, I don't read as much as before but what I read I try to assimilate it and I try that it comes to my mind and hopefully my heart - to stay. I might go slow, but hopefully more secure. The paper ''Twelve Truths to Understanding His Word'' has been of much importance for my studies, along with a bunch of bible translations, a couple dictionaries, one interlineal and a prayer, we can only do what we can do, and besides that... God knows if we are sincere and if he want, He will give us today's spiritual food.

santgem

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 09:44:43 AM »

You need one, try this, maybe it will help...

All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:  2Ti 3:16

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 01:40:51 PM »

As Alex pointed out, there are some things in the Bible that are supposed to be misleading.

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie... 2 Thessalonians 2:11.

The translations are one of the biggest weapons Satan uses to deceive the masses. Of course, it is part of God's plan for Satan to deceive. This deception wouldn't come as easily if all of the versions translated kolasis aionios like Rotherham ("age-abiding correction") or the Concordant Literal ("chastening eonian"). But when you can influence the translators to put everlasting punishment...why, with that, you can deceive billions! If it said plainly "This punishment will only be temporary, and eventually, every human being that's ever lived will be saved," then how would Satan deceive the world?

But God reveals to some that the punishment is indeed temporary--and He shows it to us from the Scriptures.

With the knowledge God has given us through Ray's teaching, we are able to discern where a verse may not be translated accurately. How can we know? If it does not confirm and support what we know from the Scriptures to be true. The Judas verse is one example. Another one is the "blasphemy of the Holy Spirit" verse (Matthew 12:32). Some translations, like the New Living Translation, say blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven. Others, even if they say not instead of never, still imply that it's eternal, by saying it will not be forgiven in this world or in the world to come. (Most modern translations in Mark's account call blasphemy against the Holy Spirit an eternal sin...Mark 3:29) This cannot be true, because it contradicts what we know about God's plan for salvation: that He desires that none shall perish and all come to repentance (2 Pet. 3:9), He will have all men be saved (1 Tim. 2:4), etc....plus the fact that there isn't a word for "eternal" in biblical Greek...

So if you do a little studying, sure enough, there is nothing about eternal consequences for blasphemy against the Holy Spirit:

Concordant Literal New Testament: yet whoever may be saying aught against the holy spirit, it shall not be pardoned him, neither in this eon nor in that which is impending.

I believe Ray used an analogy of a farmer. If he said "I will not plant corn this year or the next year," is that the same as saying "I will never plant corn"?  ???

If you have doubts about a verse and how it fits with the rest of Scripture, do a little digging and God will show you the truth. It's also helpful at times to consult the list of spurious passages in the N.T. http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6638.0.html . A lot of them are minor, but some try to contradict the truth, like the famous Trinity passage of 1 John 5:7.

Duane

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 12:48:50 AM »

ez2u--thank you sooo much for this thread!   I picked up so much knowledge and "stray" Bible verses that I KNEW were in the Bible there BUT I couldn't find them!  THERE THEY WERE--POST AFTER POST!!

A-L-L of your posts were nothing short of BRILLIANT!!

Where, oh, where would I spiritually be WITHOUT "B-T"??  (Don't even want to think about it!  ALSO, where would I be without ALL of you FRIENDS in B-T??)  I VALUE EVERYONE OF YOU!!   

I am truly at home!!   happy, happy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.