bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rapture  (Read 18332 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Rapture
« on: May 07, 2012, 11:37:13 AM »

Hi Sir,
please i have been pondering over and troubled over the scriptures below regarding to RAPTURE my friends quote it to proof that if talks about RAPTURE.

Thank you sir.
1 Thessalonians 4

13But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Dear Paul"

There probably is no problem with you or your friend with regards as to whether or not Paul's statements
are in this Scripture or not, for clearly they are.  Paul said that those who are alive and remain at His
coming shall be "caught up together" and then forever be with the Lord.  This Scripture clearly does say
and teach that.  The King James phrase "caught up together" is the Greek word:  harpazo,  and it means
"to seize, catch (away, up), pluck, pull, take (by force).  And so it is this word harpazo that is that to be
the "rapture."  Rapture means to be transported from one place to another.  So does this Scripture teach
that the saints will be transported from one place to another?  Yes, of course it does--Then we which are
alive and remain shall be CAUGHT UP TOGETHER WITH THEM IN THE CLOUDS, to meet the Lord in the air."

There it is.  There is no problem with the fact that the Scriptures do teach that the saints will be "transported
from one location to another"--from the EARTH to the CLOUDS.  The problem comes with what happens next?

The Scriptures show that from the "clouds," the Saints are brought back to the EARTH at one central location,
where the will be prepared to reign with Christ for a thousand years., where as the orthodox Christian teaching
is that from the "clouds" they are transported TO THE THRONE OF GOD IN HEAVEN for a period of years, and
that, clearly is not taught by these Scriptures in I Thessalonians 4 or any other Scriptures in the Bible.

See my paper in "The Secret Rapture Exposed" for a complete and thorough explanation of this Scripture.

God be with you,

Ray
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 03:43:20 PM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.