bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mothers' Day  (Read 3416 times)

ez2u

mothers' Day
« on: May 09, 2012, 12:25:30 AM »

with mothers day coming up i thought i would write down a few thoughts:

Maybe your mom is old, grayed might have a few extra pounds on her, not a fashion model, any more. makes a lot of mistakes
sometimes she might have a funny smell and still boss you around a little, probably
talks too much and want to visit with you just a little bit more
when you are pressed for time most of all is these little irritating moments and her memory, well what planet is she on!

so i want to tell you a true story i know its true because it is my story

my father was very ill when i was a small child and my mother had many burdens on her 4'11" shoulders.

6 children to raise all under 12, one was a new baby. My parents weren't irresponsible they had some very bad luck and big families were common when i was young. Its just the the way it all happen.

My mother didn't shrink from her duties, though they were overwhelming but when it was socially acceptable she went to work as a waitress and care for us the best she could.

It was hard lean years, that she tried to make the best out of it, with 4th of July picnics, snow ice cream and special days of homemade fudge.

but all the things i remember the most special was this:

while my little sister was a baby and all the other children was tuck in bed
one night i snuck down and watch her bath my baby sister.

It was very still night, just the water running out of the facet was heard.
She cleared a place off of the big porcelain sink place a towel on the counter
pick up her baby and gentle held her in the water cupping her hands with the warm water she began to wash her. It was fluid poetry. It was her time to enjoy the beauty of her new baby. Afterward she dress her and fed her while she sat in the only comfortable chair we had.

I must of been six at the time and it was the most beautiful experience i ever saw.
a mothers love is the most beautiful thing on this earth

so this Sunday if you ever had a mother who did all the things for you that most mothers do just remember she did them because she loves you. loves you that is very special!!! does anything else really matter? i hope you return her love she deserves it.

Ninny

Re: mothers' Day
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 01:25:39 AM »

Peggy, that was a very sweet story..I have memories of my mother that are much like that..moments when you know that no one loves you like your mother...
Thank you for sharing that!
Kathy ;)

GaryK

Re: mothers' Day
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 12:00:29 PM »

Hey Peggy,

What did you mean by mom "might have a funny smell".   ;D

If I told my mother that she had a funny smell, she would hit me in the head with an ax.  Kentucky women are somewhat sensitive.

LOL John.  (but I know what you mean, yes I do!)

gk
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 16 queries.