bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Post YOUR favorite verses of scripture!  (Read 14696 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Post YOUR favorite verses of scripture!
« on: May 10, 2012, 02:41:20 AM »

Hey everyone, I thought we'd have an awesome inspiring thread here and share some of our favorite scriptures with one another and perhaps explaining why these scriptures to us mean so much? Not talking about teaching here.. just share however many pieces of scripture you want and maybe tell us why to you, this piece is so uplifting or why or even why it does both!

Who knows, maybe others might see something new in a piece of scripture they overlooked that to you, means alot!

I'll start;

Proverbs 24:16 "For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief."

I bolded the part to me that really stands out and really uplifts me. These few words in proverb are so powerful in my mind because they teach me that first of all, JUST MEN do FALL! They are flawed, they make mistakes! So when I get down, or I screw up big time.. reading this just lets me know that even the best fall down sometimes! (Not to take words out of a song here but.. lol) What is even more awesome to this verse is that, THAT MAN RISES AGAIN! To me.. it's just so powerful because it shows HOPE! That when we are down and out, we WILL rise again! Though we know it be by the Lord's hand, nonetheless, WE WILL RISE! The final nail in the coffin for me with this verse is that these just men, this just man, falls not once, not twice, not three times, BUT SEVEN TIMES!!! (Number of completion) So i know that when I screw up repeatadly, I'm not alone! Even the best of God's men screw up and they screw up often but THEY RISE AGAIN! How awesome is that?

The other piece of scripture that I Just love kind of goes hand in hand with this one but from the absolute point of view.

Zechariah 3:4 "And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment."

What I find so awesome and just amazing about this piece of scripture is number one it blows the free will myth high sky and out of the water! It shows that the removal of our filthy garments, the RISING AGAIN, the putting away of our old selves, the good works, the being made new, ITS ALL GOD! HE is the one who takes away our filthy garments, NOT US! We don't take away our own filthy garments and magically get new ones, but rather GOD DOES IT ALL! He takes away that heart of stone, the old man, the carnal flesh, and He gives us these new garments! How awesome huh?!

So what's some of your favorite pieces of scripture and why?

Don't be shy, please share, you never know how much a piece of scripture might mean to someone right now! This could be what they've been needing to hear, so please share!

Much love to everyone in our Lord!

Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Gina

Re: Post YOUR favorite verses of scripture!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 03:07:03 AM »

Hey, Alex.  Good thread. 

James 5:11 As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.
Not just on Job but on his "comforters" -- the very ones who spoke the things about the Lord that were not true. 

And that verse is a good lead in to Rom. 11:32  For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

And then of course 1 Tim. 4:10   For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.

But my all time favorite is Luke 12:2  There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known.   That might strike terror in a heart, if it weren't for the fact that the end of the Lord is mercy. I like that verse because when you meditate on it, it's comforting.  There's just so much I want to know and have answers to; so think about it--if you haven't gotten the answer to your deepest questions, you'll get the answer. :)

JohnMichael

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 12:20:44 PM »

Excellent thread, Alex. It's always good to remember the comforts and encouragements in Scripture. Sometimes they can be forgotten in lieu of the judgment and destruction verses.

Isa 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

This is on my list for two reasons. The first is the hope that is contained in it. It gives me hope that though I am as ugly as ashes (stinking pile of carnal dirt), He will make me beautiful in His sight one day. Though I mourn my weakness, He will cover me in joy. Though my faults weigh me down, He will give me a garment of praise. The second reason is that it also blows the free will myth sky high. The Lord does all these things, not me.

Mat 15:27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

This verse makes me cry - tears of sorrow as well as tears of hope. Sorrow because I know exactly how that woman probably felt when she said it. I am one of those dogs. Hope because even those dogs are given sustenance and blessings. He doesn't forget about us. Hope because one day, this dog will be one of the Father's sons.

Rev 21:3-5 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. | And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. | And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

If I had to pick one passage, this would be it. It is a dream compared to this current time, but the knowledge that God will fulfill this promise also brings tears to my eyes. It sounds too good to be true, but it will come to pass. That is an amazing promise.

In Him,
John
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 12:26:05 PM by JohnMichael »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 01:20:23 PM »

Ecc 1:2   Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.

Luk 6:46  And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 01:22:37 PM »

Proverb 16:18 -"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall." (KJV)
                         "Before destruction is pride, And before stumbling -- a haughty spirit." (YLT)

More and more I am coming to understand the powerful truth behind these words. The "beast" in us is full of pride and this prideful nature must be destroyed .  It is a necessary process that humbles us and brings us closer to God.

Matt 11:29 - "Take up my yoke upon you, and learn from me, because I am meek and humble in heart, and ye shall find rest to your souls." (YLT)

I love this scripture.  It is so comforting and it fills my heart with love for our Creator. :)

René

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 02:52:27 PM »

2Ti 3:4  Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 05:46:33 PM »

Joh 1:9-13  He was the true Light; He enlightens every man coming into the world.  He was in the world, and the world came into being through Him, yet the world did not know Him.  He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him.  But as many as received Him, to them He gave authority to become children of God, to the ones believing into His name, who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but were born of God.

An introduction to God's plan that leaves nobody out.

Psa 119:160  The sum of Thy word is truth, And to the age is every judgment of Thy righteousness!

Heb 4:12  For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 09:57:55 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 08:20:30 PM »

Matthew 25 (Young's literal translation)

31 `And whenever the Son of Man may come in his glory, and all the holy messengers with him, then he shall sit upon a throne of his glory;32 and gathered together before him shall be all the nations, and he shall separate them from one another, as the shepherd doth separate the sheep from the goats, 33 and he shall set the sheep indeed on his right hand, and the goats on the left. 34 `Then shall the king say to those on his right hand, Come ye, the blessed of my Father, inherit the reign that hath been prepared for you from the foundation of the world; 35 for I did hunger, and ye gave me to eat; I did thirst, and ye gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and ye received me; 36 naked, and ye put around me; I was infirm, and ye looked after me; in prison I was, and ye came unto me. 37 `Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when did we see thee hungering, and we nourished? or thirsting, and we gave to drink? 38 and when did we see thee a stranger, and we received? or naked, and we put around? 39 and when did we see thee infirm, or in prison, and we came unto thee? 40 `And the king answering, shall say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] to one of these my brethren -- the least -- to me ye did [it].

lynne

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 10:43:32 PM »

Psalm 119:104   "Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way" 
 This is self explanatory but to hate my false ways and my sins is such a liberating blessing. I am so thankful that God shows me my sins and then in his love I hate my sins and love his righteousness.

Psalm 147:3   "He healeth the broken in heart and bindeth up their wounds"

John 14:21  "He that hath my commandments and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him"

Zimmy

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 12:01:23 AM »

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum, but not new to Rays writings. I have been reading them, as well as all of yours, for about 10 years.

A couple favorites of mine;

I was found by those who are not seeking me;
I became disclosed to those to those who are not inquiring for Me.
Romans 10:20 CLNT

They who were not informed concerning Him shall see; And they who have
not heard shall understand.
Romans 15:21 CLNT

For- for this Christ died and lives, that He should be Lord of the
dead as well as the living.
Romans 14:9  CLNT

These and many other verses give me an expectation in all that the scriptures teach of Gods working All in all.

Gina

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 12:39:16 AM »

Zimmy, I think you can post as many scriptures as you want.  ;)  I like the ones you've chosen, though.

Isaiah 50:2 When I came, why was there no one? When I called, why was there no one to answer? Was my arm too short to ransom you? Do I lack the strength to rescue you? By a mere rebuke I dry up the sea, I turn rivers into a desert; their fish rot for lack of water and die of thirst.

Genesis 18:14 Is anything too hard for the LORD? I will return to you at the appointed time next year and Sarah will have a son."

Psalm 139:8  If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

1 Cor 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Isaiah 25:8 he will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove the disgrace of his people from all the earth. The LORD has spoken.

Rev. 21:4  He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

Phil __: 9  Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Revelation 5:13 Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, s i n g i n g (not literally :P): "To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!"

Oh happy day.   ;D

GaryK

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 11:51:50 AM »

Isaiah 26:9

9 With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

http://bible-truths.com/lake4.html

“May God finally grant you to SEE SOMETHING SPIRITUAL! Parables are NOT literal, that’s why they are called "parables" instead of "history." This parable pictures the carnal mind going the way of the flesh. What are the wages of living a riotous life in the alien land of lustful Babylon? Is it "life and joy in the holy spirit?" I speak as fool. Here is the wages of riotous and carnal living in the hog pens of Babylon: "For the wages of sin is DEATH..." (Rom. 6:23). SPIRITUAL DEATH! What must happen AFTER we spiritually DIE? "JUDGMENT!" The spiritual DEAD must be JUDGED. Does judging CORRECT the spiritually dead sinners? Yes it does. That is what the parable of the Prodigal Son is all about. God’s "ways and means" ALWAYS WORK!

"...For when Thy [God’s] JUDGMENTS are in the earth, the INHABITANTS OF THE WORLD WILL LEARN RIGHTEOUSNESS" (Isa. 26:9)! “

http://bible-truths.com/lake6.html

Oh that the church could have the faith to believe that God Almighty is able to accomplish His will for humanity:

"For this is GOOD [not evil] and acceptable [but NOTHING SHORT OF THIS IS ACCEPTABLE] in the sight of God our Saviour; Who WILL have ALL MEN TO BE SAVED, and to come to the knowledge [both the good knowledge and the evil knowledge] of THE TRUTH" (I Tim. 2:3-4). "This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation [so here is another statement that is ‘worthy’ and ‘acceptable’ in the sight of God]. For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God Who is the Saviour of ALL MEN [and nothing short of ‘all men’ IS worthy or acceptable to God], specially [specially does not mean ‘exclusively’] of those that believe" (I Tim. 4:10).

Of all the times I (we all) have passed through these verses in the years prior to BT Ray really opened some understanding and brought out the hope that is in store for all mankind.   Beautiful.

gk

mavis92379

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 12:49:29 PM »

Mat 13:33  Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

Extol

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 01:57:05 PM »

Colossians 1:16-20 (CLNT):

16 for in Him is all created, that in the heavens and that on the earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones, or lordships, or sovereignties, or authorities, all is created through Him and for Him,
17 and He is before all, and all has its cohesion in Him.
18 And He is the Head of the body, the ecclesia, Who is Sovereign, Firstborn from among the dead, that in all He may be becoming first,
19 for in Him the entire complement delights to dwell,
20 and through Him to reconcile all to Him (making peace through the blood of His cross), through Him, whether those on the earth or those in the heavens.

An all-encompassing passage that sums up the two most important things I've learned at BT: the sovereignty of God, and the salvation of all.  8)

Isaiah 46:10 (KJV):

Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.

Psalm 119:75 (ERV):

I know, O LORD, that thy judgments are righteous, and that in faithfulness thou hast afflicted me.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 03:39:08 PM »

Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit says the LORD Almighty. Zechariah 4:6

I absolutely love this one John! Thank you for sharing it.

Thank you to everyone who has been sharing some trully beautiful pieces of scripture. It is such a blessing to read them all again.

And to Zimmy,

Thank you for joining us here, i'm glad you felt motivated to share some of your favorite pieces of scripture with us.

Another one of my favorites is this sweet and plain declaration from our Lord.

Revelation 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, BEHOLD, I make ALL things new. And he said unto me, WRITE: for THESE WORDS ARE TRUE AND FAITHFUL.

What a powerful declaration! There is NO denying this one unless anyone dare deny the faithfulness and trustyworthyness of our Lord.

=]
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Gabriel

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 03:02:25 PM »

Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever! (1Ch 16:34)

For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry. (Luk 15:24)

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;
does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away (1Co 13:1-8)

:)

tinknocker

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 04:43:02 AM »

A few of my favorites;

Lamentations 3:31-33
For the Lord will not reject us forever.  32  Even if He causes suffering, He will show compassion according to His abundant, faithful love. 33  For He does not enjoy bringing affliction or suffering on mankind.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; 6  think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths.

Galatians 1:10-12
For am I now trying to win the favor of people, or God? Or am I striving to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a slave of Christ. 11  Now I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel preached by me is not based on a human point of view. 12  For I did not receive it from a human source and I was not taught it, but it came by a revelation from Jesus Christ. (This verse always reminds me of Ray)

tom

onelovedread

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 11:32:17 AM »

To me this is the most brilliant and comforting chapter in the entire scriptures. Paul rocks!

Romans 8 (YLT)
1 There is, then, now no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus, who walk not according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit;
2 for the law of the Spirit of the life in Christ Jesus did set me free from the law of the sin and of the death;
3 for what the law was not able to do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God, His own Son having sent in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, did condemn the sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteousness of the law may be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
5 For those who are according to the flesh, the things of the flesh do mind; and those according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit;
6 for the mind of the flesh [is] death, and the mind of the Spirit -- life and peace;
7 because the mind of the flesh [is] enmity to God, for to the law of God it doth not subject itself,
8 for neither is it able; and those who are in the flesh are not able to please God.
9 And ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God doth dwell in you; and if any one hath not the Spirit of Christ -- this one is not His;
10 and if Christ [is] in you, the body, indeed, [is] dead because of sin, and the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness,
11 and if the Spirit of Him who did raise up Jesus out of the dead doth dwell in you, He who did raise up the Christ out of the dead shall quicken also your dying bodies, through His Spirit dwelling in you.
12 So, then, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh;
13 for if according to the flesh ye do live, ye are about to die; and if, by the Spirit, the deeds of the body ye put to death, ye shall live;
14 for as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God;
15 for ye did not receive a spirit of bondage again for fear, but ye did receive a spirit of adoption in which we cry, `Abba -- Father.'
16 The Spirit himself doth testify with our spirit, that we are children of God;
17 and if children, also heirs, heirs, indeed, of God, and heirs together of Christ -- if, indeed, we suffer together, that we may also be glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of the present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the glory about to be revealed in us;
19 for the earnest looking out of the creation doth expect the revelation of the sons of God;
20 for to vanity was the creation made subject -- not of its will, but because of Him who did subject [it] -- in hope,
21 that also the creation itself shall be set free from the servitude of the corruption to the liberty of the glory of the children of God;
22 for we have known that all the creation doth groan together, and doth travail in pain together till now.
23 And not only [so], but also we ourselves, having the first-fruit of the Spirit, we also ourselves in ourselves do groan, adoption expecting -- the redemption of our body;
24 for in hope we were saved, and hope beheld is not hope; for what any one doth behold, why also doth he hope for [it]?
25 and if what we do not behold we hope for, through continuance we expect [it].
26 And, in like manner also, the Spirit doth help our weaknesses; for, what we may pray for, as it behoveth [us], we have not known, but the Spirit himself doth make intercession for us with groanings unutterable,
27 and He who is searching the hearts hath known what [is] the mind of the Spirit, because according to God he doth intercede for saints.
28 And we have known that to those loving God all things do work together for good, to those who are called according to purpose;
29 because whom He did foreknow, He also did fore-appoint, conformed to the image of His Son, that he might be first-born among many brethren;
30 and whom He did fore-appoint, these also He did call; and whom He did call, these also He declared righteous; and whom He declared righteous, these also He did glorify.
31 What, then, shall we say unto these things? if God [is] for us, who [is] against us?
32 He who indeed His own Son did not spare, but for us all did deliver him up, how shall He not also with him the all things grant to us?
33 Who shall lay a charge against the choice ones of God? God [is] He that is declaring righteous,
34 who [is] he that is condemning? Christ [is] He that died, yea, rather also, was raised up; who is also on the right hand of God -- who also doth intercede for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of the Christ? tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 (according as it hath been written -- `For Thy sake we are put to death all the day long, we were reckoned as sheep of slaughter,')
37 but in all these we more than conquer, through him who loved us;
38 for I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor messengers, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present,
39 nor things about to be, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, that [is] in Christ Jesus our Lord

boanerges

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 03:03:11 PM »

Gina:

9 With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

This one is my favorite

Gina

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2012, 12:23:59 AM »

Gina:

This one is my favorite

That's a keeper. 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.