bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Returned  (Read 7563 times)

hillsbororiver

Returned
« on: July 19, 2006, 07:13:10 PM »

Hello again everyone,

I have just returned from a mini (4 day) vacation and see that there have been some developments that have prompted some here to PM me with questions, I promise to get back to everyone in the next day or 2 with responses.

While I was away a young (30 years old) friend of mine was killed in an accident and even though I know all is according to His plan and the fact that I have dealt with deaths of family and friends all to frequently since my early youth this has not been easy, my spirit is troubled as I think of his wife and young children. The tribulations we experience in this world prepare us for the next age and everything that happens is ultimately for the good of His children but sometimes these lessons take one's energy and motivation for day to day obligations to a standstill as reflection and meditation (of His purpose) take front and center stage.

I hope all is well with you and yours and this message reaches everyone in good health and spirits.

Joe 

orion77

Re: Returned
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 08:25:23 PM »

Welcome back, Joe.  Sorry to hear about your friend and their family.  My prayers are with them and you as you all deal with this trajedy.

God bless,

Gary

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 10:30:48 PM »

Thank you Gary,

Joe

mongoose

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 10:32:36 PM »

Joe, I am sorry to hear about your friends family.  Losing someone is never easy.  May God grant you and this family peace and comfort in dealing with this loss.

mongoose

Sorin

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 11:01:09 PM »

Joe,

Welcome back. My condolences to you and yours.

Take care,
Sorin

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 12:03:57 AM »

Thanks Mongoose & Sorin,

This is something we never get used to no matter how often we deal with it, we are fortunate to have His Peace in faith. I have gotten way past feeling bad for the dead, they are sleeping, those left in the wake are the ones I feel for as I know that without a true relationship with our Lord the attempt at words of comfort to the family and loved ones can ring hollow and empty unless we are also there to provide real support in whatever way we can.

Thanks again,

Joe

love_magnified

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 12:27:34 AM »

Welome back Joe. I am sorry for your loss. In these times try to take some time out and meditate on the Lord as Jesus did in the garden. I hope the Lord provides much healing and revelation and growth in this time. God bless you.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 08:49:55 AM »

LM,

Wise words, thank you very much,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 11:28:40 AM »

Bobby,

Thank you for your generous (not silly at all) offer and for your words of kindness and friendship. I will be in contact with the family as often as possible (or as often as they desire) to help out and do what I can, I have heard many times that the death of a child is the worst thing to cope with but that is from the perspective of the parent, I tend to think being a child and losing a parent is perhaps the most frightful thing that could happen to a person in this life.

Joe

Harryfeat

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 12:04:34 PM »

Hello Joe,

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.  Our sadness at such times can be eased in the knowledge that it is God's will.  Even so it still hurts.  My condolences to you and the families.

feat

Layla

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 12:43:56 PM »

Hi Joe

I joined the forum while you were away I guess.  Welcome back.  I've enjoyed reading your various posts.  I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend and my sympathy goes out to you and the family of your friend.  May the peace of the Lord comfort you all.

Peace,
Layla

hillsbororiver

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 01:03:52 PM »

Dear feat & Layla,

Your words of encouragement are very much appreciated.

Joe

jerry

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2006, 11:16:47 PM »

Joe: Sorry to hear about the lose of your freind.May God comfort you in these sad times.God bless...Jerry

MG

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2006, 05:04:46 AM »

I'm sorry for your loss Joe.

I was widowed when I was 22 and had 2 babies to raise. I can tell you that God takes special care of widows and their children.

When my daughter was 3 years old I was cleaning house and she was quietly playing in her room. She came out and said "Mommy, you know what God just told me?" I asked her what God told her. She said "God told me that He is our roof". Then she said "What's a roof mommy?"

I will never forget that. He was always there for us and He still is.

Prayers for all of you.

Falconn003

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2006, 06:46:09 PM »

Joe

My condolences for your lost.

Welcome back and God bless.

Rodger

joyful1

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2006, 03:01:54 AM »

Joe-
God bless you, your family and your friend's family in this difficult time...
Please let your friend's wife know that I am available to her by email when the time comes that she may want to talk with other women that have had to go through this  (just as MG has )

MG-
Once when my first son was hospitalized at around 3 weeks old, I had an experience as I held him in a rocking chair next to his bed....as I rocked him, I prayed and felt the sure and comforting presence of God actually holding me as I held him....we rocked through the night, secure and content....he was released and recovered well from that incident.

When he was three, he was in a car accident and was severely brain-damaged and physically hurt (his father was killed in that same accident) I had a little girl and was pregnant with my third at the time....it has been a true test of strength for my son these last 18 years....for him and our family as well...but when it gets really tough, I remember that night that I felt the Lord literally holding us in that rocking chair and His presence returns to remind us that He is never "far from any one of us."
Acts 17:27

I agree with you that God gives these little ones and their mothers special favour...it has been true for us for all these years: we've never gone without food or a safe place to live.  I'm involved in a particularly difficult struggle right now with a great injustice against us, but your words brought to mind these memories of the rocking chair tonight and I must thank you for doing that.....as I remember now in my heart that God "will never leave us, or forsake us!" Hebrews 13:5     Thank you!
joyful1

MG

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2006, 05:22:59 AM »

I will be praying for all of you joyful1

I've worked with adults with developmental disabilities for 10 years now. I own a supported living service now for those who wish to live independently in their own apartments. I also have a niece with downs syndrome. If you ever need to talk I'm here.

My husband took his own life so I understand the tragedy of a sudden death. You must have gone through so much with your son's injury also. My son has struggled in a different way. He struggled with abandonment issues and became an alcoholic. His alcoholism got progressively worse. He is 33 years old. He had always blamed me for his father's death. He stayed sober for 7 months last year and relapsed hard.

He attempted suicide several weeks ago by taking 60 blood pressure pills. He came to my house afterward and refused to go to the hospital. I had to have him taken in against his will. The whole time he was here he told me he didn't believe there was a God and told me he had no faith and he just wanted to die.

He continued to drink when he got out of the hospital. A week later he called me weeping with joy. He said he was talking to a friend and in the middle of a sentence God came upon him like a whirlwind. He said that God laid all my pain on him and showed him everything I went through. He knew then that I was not to blame for his father's suicide. He was able to let go of all his anger and pain over that situation. He knew God loved him and he kept telling me how good God was and said he felt as light as a feather. He was laughing and crying. He told me that he saluted me like he would a commanding officer and told me God showed him that he was to respect his mother. God made a believer out of my son that day. He has been sober since that day. I know that there may be other relapses and more healing for him from God, but I know God has his hand on my son.

I also now know that God is mindful of the pain I've experienced in my life. God is mindful and in control of everything we go through. He uses everything to to fulfill his purpose in our lives.

I am often humbled by the words of Job

Job 1
 20Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped,

21And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.

22In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2006, 09:38:17 AM »

Jerry, MG, Rodger & Joyce,

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

MG, that was an incredible testimony, this journey certainly can be a walk through the fire, your son's experience shows us that there is always hope when there is faith. Joyce, your patience, strength (in Him) and faith are truly inspiring I know a bit of what you have and are going through and I find it an incredible witness to your faith that I have never heard you lament, poor me, why me? I have only heard you giving praise to Him for the blessings you have received.

Thank you all very much,

Joe   

Mickyd

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2006, 12:47:30 AM »

Sorry for your loss Joe....I've been away for a while and just now starting to catch up. My prayers are with you.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2006, 10:47:33 AM »

Thank you Mickyd,

I am sure I speak for many when I say it is great to see you back,

Joe
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.