bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this really marriage?  (Read 12827 times)

onelovedread

Re: Is this really marriage?
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2012, 03:13:24 AM »

Gina
I always suspected you were a woman of substance ;)

Gina

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2012, 03:22:36 AM »

That's quite the signature, John. 
Love your new picture by the way.  Snake River?

I had to look up the word substance.  It's my new favorite word.   :-*

1. (n.) substance
that of which a thing consists; physical matter or material:
form and substance.

2.  substance
a kind of matter of definite chemical composition:
a metallic substance.

3.  substance
the actual matter of a thing, as opposed to the appearance or shadow; reality.

4.  substance
substantial or solid character or quality:
claims lacking in substance.

5.  substance
consistency; body.

6.  substance
the meaning or gist, as of speech or writing.

7.  substance
possessions, means, or wealth.

8.  substance
Philos.

9.  substance
that which exists by itself and in which accidents or attributes inhere.

10.  substance
concerning the essentials; substantially.

11.  substance
actually; really.

Etymology:  (1250–1300; ME < L substantia=sub-sub - +stant-, s. of stāns, prp. of stāre to stand+-ia -ia (see -ance ); calque of Gk

Definition of 'substance'    Princeton's WordNet

1. (noun) substance
the real physical matter of which a person or thing consists
"DNA is the substance of our genes"

2. (noun) kernel, substance, core, center, centre, essence, gist, heart, heart and soul, inwardness, marrow, meat, nub, pith, sum, nitty-gritty
the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience
"the gist of the prosecutor's argument"; "the heart and soul of the Republican Party"; "the nub of the story"

3. (noun) meaning, substance
the idea that is intended
"What is the meaning of this proverb?"

4. (noun) substance
material of a particular kind or constitution
"the immune response recognizes invading substances"

5. (noun) means, substance
considerable capital (wealth or income)
"he is a man of means"

6. (noun) message, content, subject matter, substance
what a communication that is about something is about

7. (noun) substance
a particular kind or species of matter with uniform properties
"shigella is one of the most toxic substances known to man"

Definition of 'substance'    Kernerman English Learner’s Dictionary

1. (noun) substance
a type of physical material
a chemical substance that is contaminating water supplies; explosive substances

2.  substance
harmful drugs
He was arrested for possession of a controlled substance.; substance abuse

3.  substance
meaning, value, or usefulness
There was no real substance to the news reports

Definition of 'substance'    Webster Dictionary

1. (noun) substance
that which underlies all outward manifestations; substratum; the permanent subject or cause of phenomena, whether material or spiritual; that in which properties inhere; that which is real, in distinction from that which is apparent; the abiding part of any existence, in distinction from any accident; that which constitutes anything what it is; real or existing essence

2. (noun) substance
the most important element in any existence; the characteristic and essential components of anything; the main part; essential import; purport

3. (noun) substance
body; matter; material of which a thing is made; hence, substantiality; solidity; firmness; as, the substance of which a garment is made; some textile fabrics have little substance

4. (noun) substance
material possessions; estate; property; resources

5. (noun) substance
same as Hypostasis,

6. (verb) substance
to furnish or endow with substance; to supply property to; to make rich

http://www.definitions.net/definition/substance

onelovedread

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2012, 08:49:06 AM »

Hey my friend, You nailed in on the last word: rich!!! ha ha

Gina

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2012, 01:29:11 PM »

Rich?  Gee, what does that mean?  Let's find out:  ;D

Definition of 'rich'    Random House Webster's College Dictionary

1. (adj.) rich
having wealth or great possessions; abundantly supplied with resources, means, or funds.

2.  rich
abounding in natural resources:
a rich territory.

3.  rich
abounding (usu. fol. by in or with):
rich in beauty.

4.  rich
of great value or worth:
a rich harvest.

5.  rich
delectably or excessively spicy, or sweet and abounding in butter or cream:
a rich gravy; a rich pastry.

6.  rich
costly, expensively elegant, or fine, as jewels.

7.  rich
made of valuable materials or with elaborate workmanship, as furniture.

8.  rich
(of color) deep, strong, or vivid.

9.  rich
full and mellow in tone:
a rich voice.

10.  rich
strongly fragrant; pungent:
a rich odor.

11.  rich
producing or yielding abundantly:
rich soil.

12.  rich
abundant, plentiful, or ample:
a rich supply.

13.  rich
(of a mixture in a fuel system) having a relatively high ratio of fuel to air

14.  rich
Informal.

15.  rich
highly amusing.

16.  rich
ridiculous; absurd.

17. (n.) rich
the rich, rich persons collectively.

18. (n.) Rich
Adrienne, born 1929, U.S. poet.

Definition of 'rich'    Princeton's WordNet

1. (adj) rich people, rich
people who have possessions and wealth (considered as a group)
"only the very rich benefit from this legislation"

2. (adj) rich
possessing material wealth
"her father is extremely rich"; "many fond hopes are pinned on rich uncles"

3. (adj) rich
having an abundant supply of desirable qualities or substances (especially natural resources)
"blessed with a land rich in minerals"; "rich in ideas"; "rich with cultural interest"

4. (adj) rich
of great worth or quality
"a rich collection of antiques"

5. (adj) fat, fertile, productive, rich
marked by great fruitfulness
"fertile farmland"; "a fat land"; "a productive vineyard"; "rich soil"

6. (adj) deep, rich
strong; intense
"deep purple"; "a rich red"

7. (adj) rich
very productive
"rich seams of coal"

8. (adj) rich
high in mineral content; having a high proportion of fuel to air
"a rich vein of copper", "a rich gas mixture"

9. (adj) rich
suggestive of or characterized by great expense
"a rich display"

10. (adj) rich
containing plenty of fat, or eggs, or sugar
"rich desserts"; "they kept gorging on rich foods"

11. (adj) full-bodied, racy, rich, robust
marked by richness and fullness of flavor
"a rich ruby port"; "full-bodied wines"; "a robust claret"; "the robust flavor of fresh-brewed coffee"

12. (adj) rich
pleasantly full and mellow
"a rich tenor voice"

13. (adj) ample, copious, plenteous, plentiful, rich
affording an abundant supply
"had ample food for the party"; "copious provisions"; "food is plentiful"; "a plenteous grape harvest"; "a rich supply"

Definition of 'rich'    Kernerman English Learner’s Dictionary

1. (adjective) rich
≠ poor
a family who got rich in the oil business

2.  rich
the rich
≠ the poor
The rich don't know how lucky they are.

3.  rich
≠ poor
a rich and vibrant cultural history; a region rich in natural resources; These books are rich sources of ideas for kids.

4.  rich
(of food) made with lots of butter, cream, eggs, etc.
a rich chocolate dessert

5.  rich
(of colors or sounds) strong and full
the cello's rich sound; the rich reds and blues of the rugs

6.  rich
(of soil) providing lots of nutrients for plants
the dark rich soil

Definition of 'rich'    Webster Dictionary

1.  rich
having an abundance of material possessions; possessed of a large amount of property; well supplied with land, goods, or money; wealthy; opulent; affluent; -- opposed to poor

2.  rich
hence, in general, well supplied; abounding; abundant; copious; bountiful; as, a rich treasury; a rich entertainment; a rich crop

3.  rich
yielding large returns; productive or fertile; fruitful; as, rich soil or land; a rich mine

4.  rich
composed of valuable or costly materials or ingredients; procured at great outlay; highly valued; precious; sumptuous; costly; as, a rich dress; rich silk or fur; rich presents

5.  rich
abounding in agreeable or nutritive qualities; -- especially applied to articles of food or drink which are high-seasoned or abound in oleaginous ingredients, or are sweet, luscious, and high-flavored; as, a rich dish; rich cream or soup; rich pastry; rich wine or fruit

6.  rich
not faint or delicate; vivid; as, a rich color

7.  rich
full of sweet and harmonius sounds; as, a rich voice; rich music

8.  rich
abounding in beauty; gorgeous; as, a rich landscape; rich scenery

9.  rich
abounding in humor; exciting amusement; entertaining; as, the scene was a rich one; a rich incident or character

10. (verb) rich
to enrich

onelovedread

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2012, 02:17:28 PM »

OK, smart girl:
Let's go with the Random House Webster's College Dictionary.

All apply except perhaps, (2)  (10) (13) :o (14) ??? (17) and (18) ;D
Could go either way on (5) :-\ (8) ;) (9) :)(11) ::)
You are most def 15 ;D

Gina

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2012, 08:03:12 PM »

OK, smart girl:
Let's go with the Random House Webster's College Dictionary.

All apply except perhaps, (2)  (10) (13) :o (14) ??? (17) and (18) ;D
Could go either way on (5) :-\ (8) ;) (9) :)(11) ::)
You are most def 15 ;D

haha!  That was fun, John.  I don't have to see what "amusing" means but I'll have to look up "highly."   ;D

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2012, 08:48:42 PM »

Any missing of the mark, any straying from God's Word, is scary- no matter who we are. That's why we work out our salvation with "fear and trembling".
 Another way to look at this is that sex is what a husband and wife engage is; fornication and adultery is what people who are not husband and wife engage in. It is not sex if it is not a man and his wife- according to what God calls it, it is adultery or fornication.

paulfisher

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2012, 04:40:01 AM »

I have nothing against gay folks getting married civilly. God is doing this. Why? To teach them. He is also teaching us to get rid of all our hate and fear of others who are different than us. It's all about LOVE. Please believe.

Gina

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2012, 05:04:27 PM »

I have nothing against gay folks getting married civilly. God is doing this. Why? To teach them. He is also teaching us to get rid of all our hate and fear of others who are different than us. It's all about LOVE. Please believe.
Hey Paul,

Not to sound rude, but no, God is not "doing this."  And neither God nor Ray ever taught us to hate gays or lesbians or those who are "different."  And as far as I know, no one here does.

(From NH)  You should believe homosexuals when we tell you that we are born this way.

COMMENT:  Why?  Why should I?  It's not true. We are all born with the potential for great carnality, but no one is "born homosexual" anymore than anyone is a "born murderer," or a "born child molester," or a "born adulterer."  Don't you know that many child molesters will tell you that they have sexually lusted after little children as far back as they can remember having any sexual desires?  Do we excuse or condone murder, adultery, and child molestation on the grounds that "they were BORN that way?"  Well, do we?  Should we?

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,11539.msg99885.html#msg99885

indianabob

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2012, 08:01:43 PM »

Hey Paul,
It appears that you are from the West perhaps near Las Vegas.
How's the heat out there?
I live in Northern Indiana and today it was 96 in the shade.
Pretty unusual for May and we aren't accustomed to it.
Regarding your message just let me say that things are quite a bit different in the Middle West especially in smaller towns where everyone knows most of the citizens.
Getting rid of hate is a very good goal.
Learning not to fear things that threaten our daily lives and our family is a lot more difficult.
It's bad enough that Moms and Dads don't respect their marriage vows and that the kids suffer from that problem of selfishness, lust and greed without bringing other options up to attack the American family.
Like to hear more from you.
Regards, Indianabob

whyisthatso

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2012, 10:45:56 PM »

No matter what the gay community wants to call marriage, or how the world wants to define it,  it is not possible for two people of the same gender to "marry".  This is why God created them male and female. " ...for this cause (sex).  and ..." a man shall leave his father and mother and cleave unto his wife, and they shall become one flesh". ( another human being ).   Sex is what we are, not what we do.  The union of two of the same sex produces no children, and therefore it is impossible for them to "marry" (become one).

Samson

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2012, 12:16:54 PM »

I've read Ray's papers and email comments on homosexuality and I have a general question.
Based on the definition(s) of marriage found in the scriptures, is the recent phenomenon of same 'sex marriage' really marriage in God's sight?
Or is what has been declared to be legal in many states, still just only a civil union in the eyes of God?
I guess what I am asking is can man actually change the meaning and definition of an institution that was created by God?

OneLovedread,

The following comments and quotes may be a little off track specifically regarding same sex Marriage and none of the following comments and quotes are meant to personally attack Homosexuals, since I don't have any personal agenda against them, some of the nicest people are gay and have treated Me better than many a Heterosexual. However, I think that current state of affairs regarding wide acceptance of Gay Marriage and other sexual perversions have culminated to the current Moral decay with it's widespread immoral acceptance in at least this Country. Quotes below from Twin Towers Article Below, randomly selected to tie into the present Same Sex Marriage wide spread acceptance. Quotes in Blue(My favorite Color).

And, of course, every one of these definitions also have definitions, and so after a couple of generations of definitions, we have a mountain of evil, sick, greedy, perverse carnality. And that is why Isaiah starts off his prophetic book with these words:

"Ah sinful nation [OUR nation], a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the Lord, they provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone out of the way backward.

Why should you be stricken any more? You will revolt more and more: the whole head is sick, and the whole heart is faint. From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is NO SOUNDNESS IN IT…" (Isa. 1:4-6a).

AMERICA—A CHRIST-LIKE NATION OR A "CHRISTIAN" NATION?

I could write a lengthy article on all the sins and abuses, crime and corruption in the United States, but that is not the emphasis of this paper, although it is a very important part of it. Let me make just one observation for you:

The United States is a "Christian" nation, but is not very "Christ-like." Of all Americans, 82% claim to be Christian; only 4 percent are atheists. Now then, the United States has 2,000,000 of her citizens in jail (that’s one out of every 136 persons). That’s a higher per capita rate than Iraq!—seven times that of Germany. The state of Maryland has more of her citizens in prison (not per capita, but more numbers of prisoners) than the entire country of Canada. In fact, the United States of America has a larger per capita prison population than ANY OTHER NATION ON EARTH, AND MOST ALL AMERICAN PRISONERS ARE CHRISTIANS. A total of 7,000,000 Americans are either in prison, on probation, or on parole.

Okay, just one more statistic: Seventy-two percent of Americans believe that Politicians are CORRUPT! Do we think that statistic is baseless? According to CBS News 58% of Americans think that corruption in government is "WIDESPREAD." Well, did Isaiah prophesy: "…the whole HEAD is sick."

God Almighty slaps America across their face with this horrendous destruction of property and life in New York City, and what do we do? Do we beseech God to forgive us for all of our crimes, evils, sins, and corruption? No, we join "shoulder to shoulder" and sing "God Bless American" without repenting of any of our sins. We haven’t sinned: only the terrorists sinned.

"Every one that is proud in heart [‘We are more united than ever…’ ] is an abomination to the Lord: though HAND JOIN IN HAND [...Congress stood SHOULDER TO SHOULDER], he shall not go UNPUNISHED" (Prov. 16:5).

"Here in this majestic National Cathedral we see all around us symbols of the cross. For the Christian – I’m speaking for the Christian now – the cross tells us that God understands our sin…"

COMMENT: Yes, of course, God "understands our sin," but let’s not use a phrase like that to turn the cross of Jesus into license to sin without repentance.

"Understanding" is not synonymous with "condoning." Do we think the nearly 3000 people who fell with the Twin Towers were sinners above all men that dwell in New York City?

"Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you NAY: but, except ye [ALL OF YOU] REPENT, YE SHALL ALL LIKEWISE PERISH" (Luke 13:4)

Don’t get on God’s “froward” side. For if we insist on doing abominable things, God will turn those abominations back on us.

Israel sacrificed their children in the fire to Molech. Are we not spiritually sacrificing our children in America as well?

Young people's entertainment like MTV is polluting our children's minds with blatant sexual simulations in dance and music lyrics. Our CHILDREN'S ROLE MODELS KISS and FONDLE members of the SAME SEX live on TV for all to see. Rebecca Hagelin reported:

"In 171 hours of MTV programming, PTC analysts found 1,548 sexual scenes containing 3,056 depictions of sex or various forms of nudity and 2,881 verbal sexual references" (WorldNetDaily Exclusive Commentary).

Our public school system is a sham.  Up to 40% of school teachers in Washington D.C. send their own children to private schools.CHILDREN ARE FORCED in public schools to learn alternative life styles, in other words, they are TAUGHT TO ACCEPT SEXUAL PERVERSIONS as natural and normal.

Even the example-setting pastors of huge mega churches are often money-motivated, money-crazed, money-worshipping clowns or worse:  thieves, liars, murderers, and PRACTICING HOMOSEXUALS.

While it is true that ancient Israel sacrificed children in the fire to Molech, it may have been relatively few--dozens, perhaps hundreds.  But America's abortion clinics have killed an estimated 40 million unborn babies. That's more killings than were committed by Saddam Hussein, Adolph Hitler, and Mao Zetong, COMBINED!

We are POISONING OUR CHILDREN'S MINDS, their souls, their bodies, and their very spirits. We are killing them by the millions before they draw even their first breath. Do you think that we shall go unpunished for these unspeakable abominations?

God is going to bring back “Tophet of old,” only this time “deeper and  larger” with “fire and much wood” and “kindled with brimstone.”  Not literally, but figuratively—Tophet is the symbolic setting of Isaiah’s prophecy “when the TOWERS FALL.”

Make no mistake about it: There will be hell to pay in the years ahead. Our sins have reached to high heaven, and our leaders fiddle while our great spiritual leaders "speak unto us SMOOTH things and prophesy DECEIT" in our darkest hours and in our greatest need to repent and turn to God. I don’t apologize for how that sounds to many of you, but not to all, I hope.

CAPS ABOVE ARE MINE FOR EMPHASIS

Just thought that this might tie in to the discussion, because when sexual perversions and unnatural Marriages are considered "Normal" and widely accepted, it follows a pattern repeated from History regarding Past Empires and Nations.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2012, 04:42:34 PM »

Ray recently compared gay marriage to "kosher pork."  Impossible.

Gina

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2012, 05:48:14 PM »

Kosher pork.  haha  Ain't no such thing!

I'm wondering, which of the two men are going to agree to being the "weaker" sex? 

And which of the women will be gracious enough to agree?

The whole notion is rooted in "equality."  News flash!! Not everyone are equals.  A child isn't equal to their father and man isn't equal with a woman.  A woman isn't equal with a man.  A civilian isn't equal to a police officer, or a judge or what have you.  Marriage between two people of the same gender is not equal to a marriage between a man and a woman.

(Did you hear about the same sex couple who got married and are now seeking divorce, but they're having a major hard time being granted one?!  )

Gina

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2012, 05:55:18 PM »

Article:

For same-sex couples, calling it quits can be harder than saying "I do."

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2012-03-17/news/bs-md-ar-same-sex-divorce-20120317_1_gay-divorce-divorce-hearing-uncontested-divorce

See, if this same-sex couple was equal with the person in charge of their divorce papers, they could just grant themselves a divorce.  But they aren't, so they can't.

whyisthatso

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2012, 11:37:59 PM »

Once again, the physical reveals the spiritual in man ways.  We understand that marriage can only exist between a man and a woman in this flesh, but Paul said that this was a "mystery" (hidden truth) ,  and that it pertained to Christ and the church.  When we, as the bride of Christ, marry Him, we will become One with Him.  Just as He is One with the Father, and just as He prayed of the Father for us.  Physical marriage between a man and woman is a picture of this union.  And then it really gets good..........we get to "be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth".....we get to reproduce.........we get to have offspring........."children"..... "sons of God"....if you will.    These will be those that God will save in the age that is coming soon, when He begins the next installment of His GREAT plan.

" For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother and cleave unto his wife , and the two shall become one flesh.  This is a great mystery, but I speak of Christ and the church "
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 24 queries.