bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Is all Sin really the same?  (Read 15250 times)

newgene87

Is all Sin really the same?
« on: May 14, 2012, 01:28:03 AM »

This Thought is a little complex to me. See, I live in nc and you all may be aware of the "Ammendment One" thing and gay marriage and whatever and being discussions with people; I really wanted to get some viewpoints from the truth (since this is bout the only group of people I know who seek Real Truth). People defend the idea of "gay-marriage" against other peoples acts like stealing, cussing, wrath, fighting, not worshipping God: and they're ALL the same. Okay, with that thought, James 2 comes to mind --- James 2:10-11
For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. 11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. Okay, i believe thats on the matter of judging, but isn't a man lying with a man 'STRONGER' (in a sense) than, than the other sins, meaning the 10 commandments? I ask that because of Leviticus 20:13 says
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." I see the same connection with "lying with animal". God labels those as "Abominations" and not just "Sins" or transgressions of the law: so wouldnt that be a "higher" sin?? Now, ima make it known, I am not condemning anyone. I'm really not, but I'm seeking the truth behind the matter of people leaning on that all sin is sin, but isn't "certain" sins on another level than other sins, i.e gay-marriage? And might I add, I neither voted for nor against this amendment. Just seeking truth. Thanks :)

acomplishedartis

Re: Is all Sin really the same?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 02:45:40 AM »

Hi newgene87

This is a complex matter. Of course not all sin is the same, there is many different degrees and levels of mistakes and God is also going to judge the world in according to their works. The church is the one who teached us that all sin small and great deserve hell if we don't believe what they parrot. That is just wrong.

Anyway, if you really care about these issue. It's very detailed on the transcript called ''Guilty of all'' by L.Ray Smith:http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3709.0.html There you will see some very good points and one complete answer to your questions. Actually that 'speech' is one of my most favorites.

santgem

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 03:59:24 AM »

greetings newgene87

i agree with Moises that not all sin is the same, many different degrees and levels of mistakes...

there are sins that are easily forgiven by our Lord when He was still on earth. We read in the Scriptures saying He "your sins are forgiven" Mat. 9:2, Mar. 2:5, Luke 5:20, Luke 7:48).

but there are also sins that is not forgiven either in this age or in the age to come.

"But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sins. Mar. 3:29   (see also Mat. 12:32, Luke 12:10)

Revilonivek

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 01:37:21 PM »

Actually- Jesus said whatever is without sin can throw the first stone. No one did because in truth, We all are guilty of sin. Sin is sin. These people who threw the stones at the gay people while being guilty by other sins that they have done- it's a form of hypocrisy.

They are no way better than these gay people really. They just like to think that they are. They should not persecute these people nor should we. We are in the same hell but different devils. It is like we're persecuting someone with their devils while not focusing on the devils that is persecuting us. we go no where.  We need to learn how to love in spite of it. Repossess the mind of children. Love saw right through the sins and loved the persons anyway. It is love that people need to learn. Love is not limited to good or evil, It loves you for you, even gay people included.

my two cents

John from Kentucky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 02:58:59 PM »

Actually God does hate sin and sinners.  Those pesky scriptures.  It seems the Great God doesn't agree with our 21st Century opinions about love, love, love everybody regardless of what they say or do.

Also, I bet that Jesus didn't have pretty feminine long hair with goo-goo eyes of love.  When He kicked a little rear end and threw the money changers out of the Temple---I bet He had a little fire in His eyes---a hard man to stop.

http://bible-truths.com/WhyGodLovesYou.htm
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 03:23:32 PM by John from Kentucky »

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 05:04:51 PM »

"Guilty of all" doesn't mean "guilty of each".  I completely agree with Moises (and his recommendation of the transcript/bible study).

I'd only add that if anybody thinks they would never commit any particular sin regardless of the circumstances, then he or she is guilty of a worse sin (to my mind)--the sin of lawlessness itself, disbelief in the Sovereignty of God.  We all not only could, but WOULD commit any sin, given the right circumstances.  There is nothing in any of us lumps of clay that would stop that, only the Hands of the Potter.  Fear Him.

1Co 6:11  And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

...each in his own turn.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

onelovedread

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 05:07:47 PM »

JFK
If God hates sinners, then technically He hates the whole world since all have sinned.

the truth

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 05:32:58 PM »

This is a interesting topic I must say.It seems as from the Obama quotes..that some play the 'WE should live by the golden rule card."Love your neighbor as yourself.And then some play" God hate sin and sinners card" which is also true.How come we cant marry them both up together?How about lets love the person even though they may be gay and be assurd to show them were their lifestyle is sin against God.And then low and behold remember "Why do you look at the speack in your brother eye when you have a plank in yours. And let me just add.. Why does it seem that so many people on here want to be like Ray?In the way they address people that is ?First let it be made clear...I love Ray Smith !God has used him so awesomely to teach his elect.But I would not want to be Ray Smith or anyone else for that matter. I only want to be like Jesus!Did Jesus kick some butt out of the temple?Yes!Did he do it because he hated those people?you answer that question yourself.But I truly feel it was a act of Righteous Anger...you know "Be angry but sin not kind."If I am angry at sin in someones life. I want it to be because I truly do love  and care about their walk with the Creator.Not because I think I am better or I could not be there accept for the grace of God!If we choose to pick a side or play a certain card in these life sitiuations, rather than marry them together in the fullness that is Christ.We will be 1.A clanging symbol without love. OR 2.Having a form of Godliness but denying the power."So as with anything..be like a cow eat the hay and leave the stuble.thetruth

eggi

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 05:40:06 PM »

I'd only add that if anybody thinks they would never commit any particular sin regardless of the circumstances, then he or she is guilty of a worse sin (to my mind)--the sin of lawlessness itself, disbelief in the Sovereignty of God.  We all not only could, but WOULD commit any sin, given the right circumstances.

Thanks Dave for pointing this out! It really is a timely statement, now as always. I'm beginning to think that among the most difficult things we all must overcome is to get rid of the idea that we are better somehow, and more capable than others. We all had and have to a certain amount this attitude, and God willing it is burned out of us as we fail and SEE our faults and shortcomings. This attitude really lies at the heart of the human ego. Perhaps a bit less with women, so women are usually better than men in this regard. :)

I remember when I learned that there is nothing I can do to save anyone or anything for that matter, and that there is nothing I can do to save or improve myself. Of course this doesn't mean that I get into a passive status quo, it just means that it is God who improves us, not ourselves. In the moment I realized the truth of it, I felt all worried and hurt inside. I guess it was my pride which got a huge blow. But then, when I started thinking about this and accepting it, I began to feel very peaceful and at ease. There is nothing I can do, God will do it!

We are not any better, we are all guilty of all.

God bless you all,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Gina

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 06:18:53 PM »

The gay marriage issue is nothing more than a political red herring. 

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Next....................

John from Kentucky

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 06:32:50 PM »

JFK
If God hates sinners, then technically He hates the whole world since all have sinned.

You should study this article from Ray, which I attached to my first post.  It answers your inquiry.

http://bible-truths.com/WhyGodLovesYou.htm

space.ace.jase

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 08:01:48 PM »

Very timely topic as I have been listening to some audios of the same things over the last few days.

As Moises and Dave pointed out the link of the transcript from Ray's talk of 'Guilty of All' helps clears up most of these answers.

Audio: http://bible-truths.com/audio/N05%20Guilty_of_ALL.mp3
Transcript: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3709.0.html

James 2:7  Do they not blaspheme that noble name by which you are called?
v. 8  If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," you do well;
v. 9  but if you show partiality, you commit sin, and are convicted by the law as transgressors.
v. 10  For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all (or it can read, liable to the punishment, the penalty).

IF YOU BREAK ONE, YOU'RE GUILTY OF ALL!

Now let’s just think about this a little bit. We always thought about this verse on a level about here. You know you break one, you’re guilty of them all. We thought like, 'well I guess if you committed adultery and God said you shouldn’t, so I guess you dishonor God and so you break the first commandment or something like that.'

But does this verse mean what it says, if you break one, you’re guilty of all? Are you ahead of me yet? Do you know where I’m going with this?  Some are figuring it out.

If you break one point of God’s royal Law, you are guilty of all!

So don’t take credit for the fact that you didn’t molest children and kill them. You weren’t lead down that evil alley. You weren’t born into the family that would cause you to go down that alley. You weren’t always frustrated to the point where you were just hell bent on just doing some evil foul thing like that. God prevented it.

God makes vessels of honor and dishonor. He makes vessels of dishonor and then has mercy on the other vessels. Some He hardens and some He has mercy on. He has had mercy on everybody in this room. If you have never killed anybody or molested children or done any of these horrendous things. He has great mercy on your life. Now we need to be thankful for that and not assume we don’t have very much to repent of. We have to repent of what? "O man," that’s what we have to repent of.

In regards to God hating sinners there is some extra clarification in the audio below:

Audio: http://bible-truths.com/audio/love.mp3
Transcript: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3719.0.html

Now you say, 'God loves everybody the same.'

Rom 9:13  As it is written, "Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated."

Now, there the Greek can mean to love less by comparison. But it’s a quotation from Malachi 1:2, and in the Hebrew it means hated... get it?

Proverbs 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
v. 17  A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
v. 18  A heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
v. 19  A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

“These six things does the Lord hate,” and then it list a proud look and a lying tongue and so on. But then He says, “a false witness” and that’s a person. A false witness is a person that speaks lies and he that sows discord among the brethren. Those are people that do that. But He doesn’t hate, like we hate, because He doesn’t have a carnal mind and we do. When we hate, we hate with our carnal mind. God has no carnal mind, so you can’t draw the same analogy.

I am still asking God to help me understand this all because I have trouble wrapping my brain around it but in time this will all become clear.

Hope this helps,
Jase

Gina

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 08:06:18 PM »

JFK

At one time or another, sure, but He doesn't stop there.    His hate towards sinners isn't for the sole purpose of hating, and it's only for a little while--relatively speaking.  He destroys us all in the end, sure, but He refashions us, too.

Phil 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

So lah-dee-dahhh.  ;)

newgene87

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 10:39:18 PM »

Thank you all for the input. Makes more sense now. I mean obviously, I don't want this to cross over to "judging" anyone; but Jesus does say, "First cast out the beam out of your own eye; and then shall you see clearly to cast out the mote of your brothers eye"; I mean, doesn't that apply "Righteous Judgment". I mean, when does being aware that something is wrong and admonishing them crossover to "casting stones"?? Seems as tho somebody knowing that they're wrong feels like a stone being thrown at them, yet we are to stand for the truth. I mean I love everyone, I sincerely do. But even Jesus would treat anyone as; "Neither do I condemn you, go, AND SIN NO MORE" (John 8:11). It seems as tho, even those who walk by the spirit of God, and love of God has to "go along with the flow" cause we don't wanna feel like we're casting stones; but even Jesus would tell all "go and SIN NO MORE". I just don't want to feel condemned in myself that I'm "supporting" and "approving" anyone's choices, lifestyles, decisions just cause i can't judge them -- and that makes me feel like a fool when I stand for righteousness but Im accussed of "judging"? So what's the point of standing for righteousness when youre condemned for standing for it cause that'll be judging in itself? Well, thank you all for answer my questions. Thank you ;). I did learn I'm guilty of the whole law just as anyone. I'll just continue to deny myself and follow Christ

acomplishedartis

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2012, 01:40:34 AM »

Jesse.
So good you brought and paste those quotes from those transcripts. I was going to do it, but you save me the time. Also the 'different types of love' transcript is one of my favorites. I takes reading them many times to start to understand them, at least to me. And I still need to keep reading them once in a while. Because I believe they are so complex and deep. Not as easy as other themes.

newgene87.
I know what you mean. I don't know what is your present situation in life and what are the reasons that make you ''go along with the flow''. Eventually you have to ''come out of Her'' (of her control, of being sponsored in any way by her), also you must be not unequally yoked, and you must leave it all behind to follow Christ. All these of course is mostly a spiritual thing, and the consequences can become physical. Sometimes you will feel like a ''secret agent'' and might will have to ''let your self go along with the flow'' temporally until you make your way out (out of that system). Sometimes it's a gradual process that takes much time and much effort, then as time goes by and you have developed more character, you will gain more freedom, you will not get your nose in places/talks where you have to let your self go with the flow, and you will be able to practice your believes more openly. But it all starts in the mind.

The judge not part can get tricky. In the past I have gone Far, so to judge not, and I still struggle. We tent to judge automatically, so it takes time and effort to get the new habit and stop judging so easy. Every time I judge, that is because because I am not remembering that I have all the capacity to do the very same thing if I was on the other shoes, also I must examine my self, and search if I am not doing the very same thing that I judge in some other area of my life. I find my self guilty many times, of judging the very same things that I do.

I think that the less you judge, the more freedom you have. Your life will gradually change for good.
You can stand for God's righteousness and see at things for what they really are and know how they work; with out judging. - At the end this is God's world, everything is part of his plan and our little limited minds should not get sucked on trying to fix small details from people that is used to do what is wrong continually.

Kat

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 11:27:50 AM »

Hi newgene,

It seems as tho, even those who walk by the spirit of God, and love of God has to "go along with the flow" cause we don't wanna feel like we're casting stones;

We had a resent thread on 'conscience' and it seems to me that this is a similar discussion. I have come to believe certain things as a matter of my own conscience/morals/code of living and so I believe that homosexuality and gay-marriage is going against conscience/morals or principles of righteousness. Therefore I believe it is wrong to live/practice a homosexual lifestyle in or outside of marriage, I also believe that following a lifestyle/practicing of fornication, adultery or prostitution is wrong and as well as living by manmade doctrines that the church teaches (this can cover many categories) is wrong.

Now in believing these things are wrong do I approach people that are doing these things and tell them that I feel they are wrong for doing them? No. I will say that in going about my life, IF I come into a situation where I am present at a discussion about one of these subjects I will say what my feelings are on this. It really depends on the conversation how much I would comment, but I would not shirk from speaking out against something that I feel is morally wrong. But neither would I condemn an individual per se, if they are by what I believe, so be it. A lot of times to remain silent might be viewed as you are in agreement with the general consensus, so yes I would say how I feel. But of course there is not a standard way to handle this as it would always depend on the situation.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

onelovedread

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 11:32:02 AM »

Ray:

"So what is there about man that God loves? He hates man's sin and He hates the man who commits the sin. And that IS the way all human beings are. So what is left for God to love?

If Paul wanted to tell us that God loves sinners while they are yet sinning, he would have simply said so, such as this: "God loved us while we were yet sinners." Or even more directly like this: "God LOVES SINNERS." But God only "commended" or "introduced" or "exhibited" that love ahead of time. Paul makes this simple to understand 16 verses previously where he states, "...God calls those things which be NOT as though they WERE" (Rom. 4:17). And since we are told at dozens of places in Scripture that God is the Saviour of all men, His love and sacrifice on the cross covers all sins, for all people, for all time.

"And He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world" (I John 2:2)
and
"God our Saviour, Who will have all men [all sinners] to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth" (I Tim. 2:4)

7.      "For God hath concluded them all [both the Jews & Gentiles -- that's all humanity] in unbelief, that He might have mercy upon all" (Rom. 11:32)

Notice that God will need to "have mercy upon all" because "all have sinned." God made the human race, and He made them spiritually weak, and as such are not able to obey the spiritual laws of God. Eve failed her first test. God told them what they could and could not eat. Eve immediately gave in to her "lust of flesh, lust of the eyes, and pride of life" when Satan presented her the opportunity. This weak spiritual mind and heart of Eve did not develop over a life-time of sinning, but was with her from her beginning. It therefore, behooves God to take away man's stony heart and convert his carnal mind after they have served God's purpose in the spiritual development of man.....

God made all humans sinners. He hates man's sin and He hates the man who commits the sin (both of which He has made). Ray states that man's will is caused, and we know there is no uncaused 'free' will. So the logical conslusion is
God created all men, who are sinners.
He hates the sin and the sinner, and therefore 'commended' that love ahead of time,
since He hates sinners or sin. 

onelovedread

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 11:47:53 AM »

"It seems the Great God doesn't agree with our 21st Century opinions about love, love, love everybody regardless of what they say or do."

JFK
I don't think I fully understand what you are stating here. Who are you referring to in the "our" (above). Are you referring to us forum members, humanity in general, christians...?
And what specific 21st century opinions?
Also, I am not sure what "the Great God doesn't agree..." means. Are you saying that the "our" referred to in your statement has disregarded what God says? Or is it that God has 'blinded their eyes' so as not to let them (us) understand?
Pardon me but I just want to fully understand your point.
Can you explain a little more about.
Thanks. I really appreciate your help.

JohnMichael

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 12:23:17 PM »

If one really wants to get technical, judging others, having a self-righteous attitude, a hateful heart, etc, are all exceedingly worse than any physical sin one could ever do. Christ illustrated this point in the parable of the Tax Collector and the Pharisee (Luke 18:9-14).

Christ commands us to love our enemies. I'd take what Christ says over the words of a man.

Mark 12:29-31

Jesus answered, “The foremost is, ‘HEAR, O ISRAEL! THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD; AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.’ “The second is this, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Luke 6:35

But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

1 John 4:8

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

1 Cor 13:4-8

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails...

We're quick to join 1 John 4:8 and 1 Cor 13 when discussing the salvation of all, but then we do exactly what the churches do (contextualize it away) when it comes to the idol of hatred.

In Him,
John

Revilonivek

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 02:19:39 PM »

It is also extremely easy to judge others based on our sense of morals of whats right or wrong because it is in our carnal nature to do so. That is why we need to really train ourselves to make judgement not a primary goal in our lives.

Our senses oof morals are different than others. What we feel is wrong may not seem wrong to them. We repent by things we are convicted of. Not what we feel others say it is wrong.

Also we don't know their lives, their thoughts" etc. That is where more or few stripes come in play. They do not answer to us but they answer to God. GOD knows their mind and hearts. We a re judged according to what we know is right and wrong. God has mercy on us all because we are all sinners. We are people with faults. God knows that. It is easy to try to judge or help others with our own sense of morals but really we need to focus on our own souls and try to become unconditional love itself before we can even help others. We need to first burn out thr carnal nature in ourselves before we can even help others as sons and daughters of God. We need to become unconditional love itself first before we can even see the whole picture. They will truly see God in you once u burn the carnal nature is burnt out and they will want that ttoo. Right now it is our carnal nature that wants to judge people according to our sense of morals. We need to stop that because every soul is different and unique and not everyone sees it the same way u do. When thy see the sons of God. They will defintrly ask and change because they will.  Love draws them. Not ur carnal nature. It is better not to cast the stone than to throw one ESP when ur other faults are there. It should be a goal to burn out the self righteousness.  Its going to be hard but with God's help, anything is possible.

Denise

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.