bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GOD and the BRASS BULL!  (Read 6868 times)

Duane

GOD and the BRASS BULL!
« on: May 15, 2012, 08:00:14 PM »

GOD and the BRASS BULL
                                                                                  --Duane Gevert

The Medieval (unenlightened) Period of history will forever be known as the age of "man's cruelty to man". 
Life was cheap and watching people die was great entertainment. 
One of the cruelest methods of entertainment was called the "BRASS BULL".

How it worked:
A life-sized bull was fashioned out of solid brass. 
A trap door on the back of the bull was designed to be lifted so that a person could be placed inside and then locked (causing panic!)
A whistle made of long twisted tubing was fashioned to produce a low tone like that of a bull moo-ing activated by steam (like a tea kettle)
A stripped person was placed and locked WITHIN the BRASS BULL.
A fire was lit UNDERNEATH the stomach of the bull-- and the brass was SLOWLY HEATED until red hot.
Brass is dense so a person screaming in pain COULD NOT BE HEARD OUTSIDE the BRASS BULL --but tubing was the last hope for outside air.
The person SCREAMED IN PAIN, SUCKED AND BLEW AIR producing the moo-ing of the bull (which made everyone LAUGH!)
The rising temperature of the BRASS ensured that every place skin touched the hot surface it was SCORCHED --with NO RELIEF!
SWEAT from PANIC and HEAT would be produced to BROIL the victim from OUTSIDE IN to INSIDE OUT!
SUPERHEATED AIR within 15 LONG, TORTUROUS MINUTES-- would collapsed the lungs causing SURE DEATH!
The MOO-ing of the BRASS BULL meant the person was still alive and being tortured- until SWEAT PRODUCED steam for a SOLID MOO-ing sound!
END OF FUN--- and feast continued.

GOD saw the WICKEDNESS and EVIL of MAN and must have been GREATLY DISPLEASED with his EFFORT to be like GOD!

Man's shortcomings compared with GOD'S!

1. ONLY ONE PERSON could fit inside the BRASS BULL-- at a time.
2. No one could hear the SCREAMING!
3. The TORTURE ONLY LASTED 15 SHORT MINUTES!
4. The PERSON D-I-E-D  --  ENDING THE PAIN!

GOD'S HELL!  (in comparison-- as GOD IS GREATER THAN MAN!)

1.  BILLIONS OF GOD'S CREATION can fit INSIDE at ONCE! 
                             (in fact it will can hold about 90-95% of all created beings-- world-wide!) 

2.  WAILING, SCREAMING AND GNASHING OF TEETH-- CAN AND WILL be HEARD! 
                             (and YOU THOUGHT the "Super Bowl"  WAS LOUD?)

3.  TORTURE OF "HELL'S FIRE" LASTS FOREVER, AND FOREVER AND FOREVER AND FOREVER--- AND THAT'S JUST THE BEGINNING!!!!
                             ("Come unto ME all ye who are burdened and heavy laden and I will give you rest" ---TOO LATE--RESCINDED!   :-(

4.  LASTLY AND GREATEST FEATURE OF ALL--THE PERSON NEVER DIES! ! !
                              ("THEY DESEREVE IT--After ALL, they REJECTED MY SON, JESUS--with their OWN FREE WILL!)  Romans 9:30-33 

5.  THE REDEEMED CAN ENJOY HEAVEN FOR ETERNITY--
                              (AND LISTEN TO IT ALL-- with no more crying and tears!)  Is. 25:8

6.  "And GOD SAW EVERYTHING HE had MADE and, INDEED -- it was V-E-R-Y GOOD!  (Gen. 1:31)

7.  "On the SEVENTH DAY He RESTED--- FROM ALL THE WORK-- HE HAD DONE!  (Gen 2:1)

Now, let's open our hymn books to page (? )  and sing "What a Wonderful SAVIOR is Jesus MY Jesus --What a wonderful SAVIOR is Jesus my LORD!"
(Luke 3:6   "And ALL FLESH shall see the SALVATION of God" --whence "hell"?   Perhaps it was created for "the devil and his angels?  Matt. 25:41 ??

(a special thanks to Ian Paul --who forwarded me the article on the BRASS BULL)

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: GOD and the BRASS BULL!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 12:20:20 PM »

I don't remember what article/audio it was, but I remember Ray once said something like "Christians often don't really think about what they teach Hell to be. If they would sit and think hard about a person literally being burned in fire--with no relief, ever--and meditate on that for just a few minutes, they would see how sick it is."

This article on the brass bull describes how horrible it would be for even 15 minutes, to say nothing of eternity. And yet the same Christians who are so quick to condemn the wickedness of men--and ask "How can God allow this?"--believe that God will do much worse, forever! Incredible! Ray is right; they really are not even thinking about what an evil contradiction that is. And what hypocrisy it is.

September 11, 2001...How many times have you heard people (Christians included) condemn the murder of all those innocent people in the towers? What a horrible, evil atrocity committed by those terrorists. But after the emotions have settled down, after they think about what they believe, well....maybe those people weren't so innocent after all. Because God, our loving Father, will supposedly outdo the terrorists, who gave most of the victims a quick, merciful death. What the terrorists did is NOTHING compared to what the God of Christendom will do to most of humanity!

acomplishedartis

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 06:57:57 PM »

wow Duane. You gave some good words to put things into perspective. :)

I am realizing that Christendom is a culture of hate toward all people that, with their own free will or with their own ignorance, doesn't believe like they do.
The more I think about it...; the most guilt falls under their leaders, and the leadears of their leaders (Theologans).

The other day I was on a coffee shop on my laptop and some average 'christian' came to talk to me and tell me that God told her that she should talk with me and then she preached me the average Christian preaching... I told her a few questions that she couldn't respond logically and she was starting to get mad at me. Then I better decided to shut up and let her have the last word and think that she did her homework of trying to save my soul.
After all, her intention wasn't that bad... I knew from the begining that she wasn't interested on listening anything differently from what she already believed. And I kind of regret to even bother to tell her anything at all. But, oh well, that's how we learn...

Duane

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 02:34:14 AM »

Moises--your conclusion sounds like my other post re: "I'm a --you're a----" ad the uselessness of "arguing".

acomplishedartis

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 03:02:31 AM »

Duane. Is that a good thing?

I didn't want to ignore or move us from the main topic. I actually believe all you said and think that it was a good way to
help us to assimilate this topic.
With what I said, maybe i went forward to where this topic could go. Because, you know... there is many forum members around here that are close to people (family) that believe in hell. So it's hard for them to assimilate how such wonderful people can believe such evil nonsense.
So I went back to remind us that most of the guilt of their wrong type of thinking falls on their leaders and the leadears of their leaders. Also to try to see their intentions when they approach us with their stupid teachings and try to behave according to the situation (thing that I am still learning).

Sometimes we can only look the at the outside, at the cover, but God looks straight into the hard. And he knows exactly who we are and what we all wll become.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, let's open our hymn books to page (? )  and sing "What a Wonderful SAVIOR is Jesus MY Jesus --What a wonderful SAVIOR is Jesus my LORD!"
Ha, I thought this was funny.

Actually this is one reason why church songs bother me a little bit.

christalfan

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 08:57:34 AM »

Hi Duane,

What a revelation it is to understand God's truths!

A short story of mine :-)

My wife [just married] is not much of a bible reader. She's joins the 'silence is golden' group when a controversial or challenging bible topic is raised.  ::) Yesterday I presented a Youtube video from the Discovery Channel about the Brazen Bull to our bible group in South Africa, KZN, to add credence to the fact that God will never allow any of His beloved being to roast in hell for all eternity!  8)

Tell you what, God's worked miracles! I guess the video shook her bible beliefs to the core! She could not hold it this time. It was like she just woke up from a deep sleep! Thank you for sharing the story with us. It helped open eyes of many in the group too! ;D

Your brother in Christ,
Christalfan, SA

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 09:54:13 AM »

Duane, that is just insane. How could anyone ever think about such a device...
Gives credence to the view that Hell is a human invention.

God bless you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Gina

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 02:26:59 AM »

Hi Duane,

What a revelation it is to understand God's truths!

A short story of mine :-)

My wife [just married] is not much of a bible reader. She's joins the 'silence is golden' group when a controversial or challenging bible topic is raised.  ::) Yesterday I presented a Youtube video from the Discovery Channel about the Brazen Bull to our bible group in South Africa, KZN, to add credence to the fact that God will never allow any of His beloved being to roast in hell for all eternity!  8)

Tell you what, God's worked miracles! I guess the video shook her bible beliefs to the core! She could not hold it this time. It was like she just woke up from a deep sleep! Thank you for sharing the story with us. It helped open eyes of many in the group too! ;D

Your brother in Christ,
Christalfan, SA

Christalfan, that's really something.  Now you're married to someone who's as passionate about what you believe as you are.  That's great!  You're not alone anymore in your beliefs.  (I read your introductory post and the other about how you were fired from your position as assistant pastor after you found Bible-truths.com.  That's such a sad story.)  God is so good.  I feel your joy.   :)

Duane

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 04:02:01 AM »

Eirick--I am so glad that the post I submitted about the (it is actually) the BRAZEN BULL helped bring your VERY BEAUTIFUL WIFE to a knowledge of the truth.  The article had ZERO EFFECT on many fundamentqalists who read it!

What I have learned the VERY HARD WAY is that God doesn't intend for all CHRISTIANS to understand the TRUTH! (shocking)
The reason being:  "M-A-N-Y are C-A-L-L-E-D bit F-E-W are C-H-O-S-E-N!  Matthew 20:16

SOOO: What is the difference BETWIXT the "called and the "chosen" --seeing that each group are TRULY CHRISTIANS?
Answer: KNOWLEDGE!  KNOWLEDGE of WHAT?  Knowledge of the TRUTH about things like a. no free will, b.  Jesus being the first CREATION of God c. the non-existance of TRINITY d. Universal Reconciliation (salvation of all) e. the three harvests
(f) the "state of the soul" at death (g) TRUE translation of "hell"; and,
all the other B-T beliefs that RAY TAUGHT and WROTE ABOUT. 
God saw fit to "open the eyes of the CALLED to believe the above sample,  then there would BE NO DIFFERENCE betwixt the
"called and chosen" and there HAS to be a difference because of the judging duties of each group AFTER the resurrection!
Now being arrogant enough to cite my own post:  Why Can't They Get It---" --God SHUTS the understanding of the CALLED and they are the very one's who were so NASTY TO RAY when wirting him; and, they are the VERY CHRISTIANS that "persecute" us and call us, heretics (the "h" word).
Deut. 29:29 "The 'SECRET THINGS' belong unto the Lord our God: but those THINGS that are REVEALED UNTO US and our children forever...."  Romans 15:21 "....to whom He was not spoken of,they SHALL see, and they that have NOT HEARD shall understand.  (the CHOSEN).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.