bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Matthew 5:18  (Read 6356 times)

Kenneth Clark

Matthew 5:18
« on: May 16, 2012, 09:48:03 PM »

I am being haunted by the subject of following Torah.  For verily I say unto you, "Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.  (Matthew 5:18) 

Heaven and earth certainly havn't passed and ALL has not been fulfilled.   These words are coming from the mouth of Jesus.  What am I to think? 

Input appreciated,
Kenneth

John from Kentucky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Matthew 5:18
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 10:04:39 PM »

I am being haunted by the subject of following Torah.  For verily I say unto you, "Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.  (Matthew 5:18) 

Heaven and earth certainly havn't passed and ALL has not been fulfilled.   These words are coming from the mouth of Jesus.  What am I to think? 

Input appreciated,
Kenneth

Jesus fulfilled everything stated in the Old Testament.  Therefore, we are free from having to follow the detail rules contained therein.  When Jesus sets us free from all the silly rules, fit for children, we are free to worship God in spirit and in truth as guided by the Spirit of God.

Gina

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 12:06:12 AM »

Nice picture, Kenneth!

That's a tough one for sure.  Maybe this will help in addition to the wise words of JFK:

Galatians Chapter 3

19 What, then, was the purpose of the law? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was put into effect through angels by a mediator.

20 mediator, however, does not represent just one party; but God is one.

21 Is the law, therefore, opposed to the promises of God? Absolutely not! For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law.

22 But the Scripture declares that the whole world is a prisoner of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe.  (Not everyone believes at this point, right?  But you do!)

23 Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed.

24 So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith.  (Or belief. Or more accurately, obedience.)

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster..  (No one can serve two masters.)

Does that make sense?

Gina

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 03:09:16 AM »

This is very good also:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2230.msg17893.html#msg17893

Dear Jim:
May I call you, "Jim?"  You sound like a Preeeecher.  Are you a Preeeeecher?
I will make a few "COMMENTS" to your absurd and unscriptural babblings:

Eze 44:9 Thus saith the Lord GOD; No stranger, uncircumcised in heart, nor uncircumcised in flesh, shall enter into my sanctuary, of any stranger that is among the children of Israel.

COMMENT:  I really do hate to get personal and....well....intrusive, but is your wife PHYSICALLY CIRCUMCISED?  Did Paul say that "physical circumcision" was necessary?  "...shall not his UNcircumcision be counted for circumcision?" (Rom. 6:26).  Did Peter, James, Paul, Barnabus, the Elders, the Congregation, and the Holy Spirit agree with you unscriptural nonsense concerning "PHYSICAL" circumcision?  "But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees [very much like you, Jim] which believed, saying, That it was NEEDFUL to circumcise them [the Gentile Believers]..." (Acts 15:5). That is, in fact, exactly what you believe. What was God's answer to this question of "circumcision" for the Gentiles?

"For it seemed good to the HOLY SPIRIT, AND TO US, to lay upon you no greater burden than these NECESSARY things: That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication; from which if ye keep yourselves, YE SHALL DO WELL. Fare ye well." (Acts 15:19).  You don't agree with the "HOLY SPIRIT" and all of the Apostles, do you,Jim?  You're not much for details when it comes to the Scriptures, are you? Notice Paul's instruction to YOU, Jim:  "For I testify again to every man [listen up now, Jim] that is circumcised [physically circumcised as an act of righteousness], Christ shall PROFIT YOU NOTHING...you are FALLEN FROM GRACE!" (Gal. 5:3-4).

In the new covenant, the ten commandments must be kept physically, and spiritually.

COMMENT:  Actually, Jim, "circumcision" is NOT one of the Ten Commandments.

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers,[6th] and whoremongers,[7th] and sorcerers, and idolaters,[1st and 2nd] and all liars,[9th] shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

COMMENT:  "...and ALL LIARS shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone: which is the second death" (Ditto, Rev. 21:8)!!

We have to live as Christ lived. Christ kept the sabbath

COMMENT:  Christ "FULFILLED THE SABBATH" (Matt. 5:17).  And Matt. 12:1-8 tells us how He did this.

Joh 6:57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
    which cmdnt can you physially [without repenting] break and still be in  Gods kingdom?

COMMENT:  One does not beak the the commandments by obeying our Lord and living as He lived.

Just out of interest; Christ was resurrected to life in the first night of his buriel, and then he descended to hell for three days, and three nights. The tomb was not the heart of the earth.

COMMENT:  "...the THIRD DAY [not the first] He shall rise again...." (Matt. 17:23). If we can't believe Jesus, who can we believe? Jim?  I dont't think so.  "...the THIRD DAY He shall rise again" (Matt. 20:10), Etc., etc.

there is a terrible penlty for teaching false doctrine,

COMMENT:  "Thou has said, Jim:  thou has said....."

Sincerely, Ray

please cancel the rubbish that you are espousing as truth.

Jim

Kenneth Clark

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 07:26:37 AM »

very nice Gina...much thanks

God Bless Your Heart,

Kenneth

Mbongiseni

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 10:21:01 AM »

Very Well put Gina;you are a star!
Watch out Ken could be pulling a leg...lol.

Tell me which version you used below on your first reply (Gal 3)?

Gina

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 11:19:52 AM »

Very Well put Gina;you are a star!
Watch out Ken could be pulling a leg...lol.

Tell me which version you used below on your first reply (Gal 3)?

haha, Mbongiseni!  No more leg pullin Ken, I mean it!  :D

I used two versions.  From verses 19-24, I used the New Int'l Version 1984 and the KJV  for vs. 25.  (Emphasis and comments in parenthesis added by yours truly.)
How 'bout that? 

Glad to help, Kenneth. :)

Gina

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 12:40:00 PM »

Kenneth Clark.  Clark Kent.  Glasses.  Superman.  I get it now.  Man I'm slow.

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 04:22:35 PM »

Kenneth Clark,
The man from Krypton

Kr
Krypton
KEY

SEE ALSO
Krypton
Columbia Encyclopedia
PREVIOUS
Bromine (Br)
NEXT
Rubidium (Rb)
Symbol: Kr
Atomic Number: 36
Atomic Weight: 83.8
Element Classification: Inert Gas
Discovered By: Sir William Ramsey, M.W. Travers
Discovery Date: 1898 (Great Britain)
Name Origin: Greek: kryptos (hidden).
Density (g/cc): 2.155 (@ -153°C)
Melting Point (K): 116.6
Boiling Point (K): 120.85
Appearance: Dense, colorless, odorless, and tasteless gas
Atomic Radius (pm): n/a
Atomic Volume (cc/mol): 32.2
Covalent Radius (pm): 112
Ionic Radius: n/a
Specific Heat (@20°C J/g mol): 0.247
Fusion Heat (kJ/mol): n/a
Evaporation Heat (kJ/mol): 9.05
Thermal Conductivity (@25°C W/m K):
Debye Temperature (K): n/a
Pauling Negativity Number: 0.0
First Ionizing Energy (kJ/mol): 1350.0
Oxidation States: 2
Electronic Configuration: [Ar] 3d10 4s2 4p6
Lattice Structure: Face-Centered Cubic (FCC)
Lattice Constant (Å): 5.720
Lattice C/A Ratio: n/a

Read more: Interactive Periodic Table: Krypton http://www.infoplease.com/periodictable.php?id=36#ixzz1v9WSO9Ep

Gina

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 06:17:42 PM »

Very cool.  Anytime you wanna start a thread on the elements you'll have my support and lots and lots of questions to answer from me.   :)

Thanks for that link!

Kenneth Clark

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 06:50:06 PM »

my real name is kenneth clark and the glasses are the old military issues.  i bought a pair online and think they are great...my wife thinks otherwise!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 06:54:15 PM by Kenneth Clark »

Gina

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2012, 09:38:50 PM »

my real name is kenneth clark and the glasses are the old military issues.  i bought a pair online and think they are great...my wife thinks otherwise!

And you can tell your wife that Gina from the forum agrees with you.  I do! :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.