bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fellowship  (Read 4852 times)

orion77

Fellowship
« on: July 19, 2006, 09:05:51 PM »

(Phi 2:1)  So then, if there is any comfort in Christ, if any consolation of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any tendernesses and compassions,

(Phi 2:2)  fulfill my joy, that you think the same, having the same love, one in soul, minding the one thing,

(Phi 2:3)  doing nothing according to party spirit or self-glory, but in humility, esteeming one another as surpassing themselves;

(Phi 2:4)  each not looking at the things of themselves, but each also the things of others.

(Phi 2:5)  For think this within you, which mind was also in Christ Jesus,

(Phi 2:6)  who subsisting in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God,

(Phi 2:7)  but emptied Himself, taking the form of a slave, having become in the likeness of men

(Phi 2:8)  and being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, having become obedient until death, even the death of a cross.

(Phi 2:9)  Because of this also God highly exalted Him and gave Him a name above every name,

(Phi 2:10)  that at the name of Jesus "every knee should bow," of heavenly ones, and earthly ones, and ones under the earth,

(Phi 2:11)  and "every tongue should confess" that Jesus Christ is "Lord," to the glory of God the Father. Isa. 45:23

(Phi 2:12)  So, then, my beloved, even as you always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much rather in my absence, cultivate your salvation with fear and trembling,

(Phi 2:13)  for it is God who is working in you both to will and to work for the sake of His good pleasure.

(Phi 2:14)  Do all things without murmurings and disputings,

(Phi 2:15)  that you may be blameless and harmless, children of God, without fault in the midst of a crooked generation, even having been perverted, among whom you shine as luminaries in the world,

These are good things to have fellowship with, truth is, we know it is not of us anyway, yet we desire to grow and learn among each other, not in growing in ourselves, but that we might be able to help another.

(Phi 3:8)  But, no, rather I also count all things to be loss because of the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them to be trash, that I might gain Christ

(Phi 3:9)  and be found in Him; not having my own righteousness of Law, but through the faith of Christ, having the righteousness of God on faith,

(Phi 3:10)  to know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, having been conformed to His death,

This fellowship of His sufferings, is what we can communicate about, because as He was in the world, so are we.

(2Co 6:1)  But working together, we also call on you not to receive the grace of God in vain.

(2Co 6:2)  For He says, "In an acceptable time I heard you, and in a day of salvation I helped you." Behold, now is the acceptable time! Behold, now is the day of salvation! Isa. 49:8

(2Co 6:3)  We are not giving a cause of stumbling, in nothing, that the ministry may not be blamed,

(2Co 6:4)  but in everything commending ourselves as God's servants, in much patience, in afflictions, in emergencies, in difficulties,

(2Co 6:5)  in stripes, in imprisonments, in riots, in labors, in watchings, in fastings,

(2Co 6:6)  in pureness, in knowledge, in long-suffering, in kindness, in the Holy Spirit, in unfeigned love,

(2Co 6:7)  in the Word of truth, in the power of God, through the weapons of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,

(2Co 6:8)  through glory and dishonor, through evil report and good report; as deceivers, and yet true;

(2Co 6:9)  as unknown, and yet well known, as dying, and yet, look, we live; as flogged, and yet not put to death;

(2Co 6:10)  as grieved, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet enriching many; as having nothing, yet possessing all things.

My prayer is that the fellowship here on this forum, which can not be perfect, will continue.  We all see in part, learning from each other.  His true church is a many membered body, with Christ being the head.  Also, my prayer is that this forum does not become like what we have been called to come out of.  Although as of now, I do not see this, yet when it is censored far too much, it becomes blinding, not allowing us to see the whole of humanity.  This whole of humanity is who Christ came to heal and to set free.  I see myself, no better than anyone, because I know the truth is, I don't deserve it.  It is only because of Him, and Him alone.  Hopefully others can see and pray for these same things.

God bless,

Gary

mongoose

Re: Fellowship
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 11:07:30 PM »

As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called— one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.  Ephesians 4: 1-6

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.  Ephesians 4: 29-32

We grow ourselves by not only looking at our similarities but our differences.  We learn to be patient and bear with one another in love.  This forum isn't perfect....because none of us are perfect.  I too pray that we will be able to continue to come here and share with each other.  We are going to stumble.  We are going to fall.  All of us will.  We are all still learning.  And when we do, we learn from it.  And when others do, we learn from that as well.

May this forum be a safe and loving place where we can share our journey in Christ with our fellow believers.

mongoose

ned

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 12:24:49 AM »

Psa 133:1  "A Song of degrees of David.
Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!"

rocky

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 10:53:44 AM »

1 John 1:7
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Rom 13:12  The night is far spent, and the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.