bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ray is gone  (Read 43141 times)

walt123

Re: Ray is gone
« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2012, 11:01:19 AM »

Thank You, Ray and Manuela,for your service in our Lords army.

See you later Ray.

Walt
http://youtu.be/6wJPe4MR5W4

G. Driggs

« Reply #121 on: June 19, 2012, 08:56:45 AM »

My heartfelt condolences to Ray's wife Manuela and his family for their recent loss. Rest in peace bro.  :'(

G. Driggs

zander

« Reply #122 on: June 21, 2012, 01:58:30 PM »

Well i dont often join this forum, so I've only just read this about Ray's passing away.  wow!  Definitely a sad moment for many of us.  Back in 2004, his website and his teaching changed me as a person and my outlook on life.  Although i'd argue i am not any more a "better person" the site has given me more comfort than i ever could have had without it.

I do also wish to say this about Ray.  I know he played himself down as just a roofer and "like anyone else" but i don't think he was "like anyone else".  He was arguably the most intelligent person who's work i had ever read.  He seemed to almost have an answer or an opinion on everything that seemed right.  I don't just mean his scriptural interpretation, just his general knowledge too.  It was astounding.  A true student that exceeded even Greek philosophical standards.  I would love to have had dinner or a drink with him to just chat about life and stuff, he would have made a very entertaining guest.

Gina

« Reply #123 on: June 21, 2012, 02:11:34 PM »

You are so right about his intelligence and him playing himself down as "just a roofer," Zander. 

I'm a legal secretary.  There was a time before I knew that Ray was "just a roofer," that I thought he was an attorney and the best that anyone could ever hope to have on their side.  Because from my personal perspective because of all those attorneys who I've had the pleasure of working for and with, that's the kind of sound counsel that he is gives.  He's just remarkable.  Outstanding in knowledge and intelligence.  Outstanding.  And yet I was so thrilled when he came back and lowered himself to "just a roofer."  I can relate to that. ;)

Gina

« Reply #124 on: June 21, 2012, 04:21:29 PM »

:'( :'( I never met him  in person, only talked to him on the phone once about 10 years ago  and through emails (he always gave me top draw).  He was the best friend I've ever had.  :'( :'(  I love him so much.   :'( :'( :'( :'(

Gina

« Reply #125 on: June 21, 2012, 04:32:01 PM »

p.s.  And he never took any crap off me either.  ;D

acomplishedartis

« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2012, 03:19:26 AM »

I did have the opportunity to have dinner with him and just chat about life and stuff. I remember him very often. What a good example to try to follow...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a quote from a forum member that I thought would fit very good on this tread:

I believe that now, with Ray's passing, it is especially important that the forum members (whether active or no longer participating in the forum for whatever reason) draw strength, courage, and hope from each other by staying in contact with each other, using whatever mode of communication we have available.

Gina

« Reply #127 on: June 22, 2012, 03:39:49 AM »

Thanks, Moises. 

Everyone is welcome to write / contact me here.   :)

Heidi

« Reply #128 on: June 22, 2012, 11:30:14 AM »

I feel numb.....I have not been on the forum for a while....I can't believe he is gone.

lq1over

« Reply #129 on: June 22, 2012, 11:50:57 AM »

I am sorry to hear that Ray is gone, may God give comfort to Manuela and his family during this time, I never met Ray personally although I did receive a few emails from him regarding some questions I had. God definitely used and is still using Ray's teachings in my life when God cause me to find Bible Truths. The teachings that he shared have a lifetime of learning. I look forward to reading and re-reading his teachings and as God wills understanding to me I can truly say that the truth will set you free.

Brother in Christ,
Larry 

Foxx

« Reply #130 on: June 23, 2012, 07:39:43 PM »

well he also was so kind to point out Matthew was a tax collector, Peter was a fisherman, and Jesus was a carpenter; who were any of them to tell the high and mighty religious know-it-all's of the day any thing? That alone is a truth that blows away so much complex bull from the church leaders, they hated Ray for it and they don't even realize it.

As he said "I am not an expert in Hebrew or Greek"  "you just have to pay attention to words".  It was amazing that on any other subject these super smart people who went to seminary and school could have an intelligent conversation but the moment you spoke of the bible all their intelligence means a hill of beans because nothing they say is scriptural.

Gina

« Reply #131 on: June 23, 2012, 07:57:59 PM »

Yep.

The one and only thing that set Ray apart in understanding from them is -- Ray actually believed what God wrote and God opened up his understanding.  It is that simple.  But it's a gift of God.

People ask me, ‘what makes you think you know more than all these ministers?’  In a haughty arrogant way, I don’t.  But here is the answer to that, I know what they believe and why they believe it.  But they don’t know what I believe and why I believe it, they don’t know that.  That is a big difference.

2009 conference transcript  http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,11521.msg99622.html#msg99622

24 Grams

« Reply #132 on: June 24, 2012, 09:53:48 AM »

I hoped this day would not come but I did not fear it.

Like many I did not know him personally and only communicated with him once through an email. It is strange that I get this news on the 10th anniversary of my fathers death.

Although I feel for his wife and family we should remind ourselves in this age death is as natural as life...nor is it something to feel sad about (even though we all still do).

Personally, one of the most remarkable things I noticed from Ray was that he rarely spoke his "own" words. He rarely if ever gave an opinion on spiritual matters it was all from scripture. He always backed up points with scripture and back scripture with scripture...a true man of God.

He has left us with a wealth of information and writings (many I have personally yet to read).

Ray is not "gone" he is asleep, however the greatest force, the greatest power NEVER sleeps... God is our master and for this we should neither fear nor worry about anything.

Peace everyone.

blissfulkitten

« Reply #133 on: June 24, 2012, 09:20:52 PM »

I have some pictures of Ray I'd like to upload, but not sure where or how on this forum.  Can anyone help?

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,14285.0.html
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 09:29:26 PM by Craig »

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #134 on: June 25, 2012, 01:57:47 AM »

did you get some help yet bonnie? 

claudia

jselect

« Reply #135 on: June 25, 2012, 09:08:47 PM »

Rest well Big brother Ray, for the Lord almighty knows best.

blissfulkitten

« Reply #136 on: July 22, 2012, 07:15:03 PM »

Yes, the link is in my previous post.  Thanks!

rsanchez

« Reply #137 on: September 06, 2012, 12:36:09 AM »

Manuela called and told me Ray died.
Dennis, can you sticky this post.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.