bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Ray is gone  (Read 43473 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: Ray is gone
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2012, 08:00:49 AM »

Ray was a teacher like no other I will ever get to know. What I appreciated most about knowing Ray was that as great a teacher he was he was just a man like myself, warts and all.  When you discover the bible truths site you have a tendancy to think of Ray as some Zen master who was head and shoulders above everyone else, but he was not, he was a man just like everyone else with all the same struggles and problems.  That should prove to all of you that if God decides to use you He will.  It doesn't matter what the gift is, if it is given by God you will be used and you don't have to be a saint, just willing.

I will miss his writings and emails but I also know that if I can apply even a little bit of what I learned through Ray it will take the rest of my life and then some. 

Over the last few years I have held back a few emails here and there to post after he is gone so in the next weeks I will post a few of them. Even though you are sad now look toward the future and all the changes you can work in your lives because of what knowledge God has given to you through the teaching that Ray brought out.  Death is not an end it is just another beginning and Ray is pain free now and resting as he awaits the next beginning God uses him for.

Craig

eggi

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2012, 08:13:31 AM »

Amen dear brother Craig! I can't wait for the emails you will post. I liked very much how you described Ray. This is the way I felt about him since I started studying his material. I'm still amazed at the work he has done. What a man! What a witness for the Lord! Imagine the value of what he has left behind. I take comfort in the fact that Ray sleeps now, but it will take time to get used to the fact that he isn't around.

God bless you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2012, 08:42:47 AM »

I knew that soon I would log into the forum and read those words.  It was expected but it's still a shock.  I'm happy for Ray because he is now sleeping the sleep of death and out of pain....but I'm sad for us.  I really didn't think it would impact me so hard, the death of a person I've never met in the flesh but what he has left us goes much deeper than words can express.  Perhaps it's time to re-read Rays short paper called an encouraging word about death.  http://bible-truths.com/death.htm

olasupo jacobs

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2012, 08:46:51 AM »

with joy and grief in my heart i take the news of Ray's demise...are the dead really dead? yes when God takes our spirit we die....is that the end of all that there is to life? NO....the same God promised He would bring back all to life (Resurrection).....We sorrow not as a people without Hope or Expectation but in sure assurance that God is faithful and He would accomplish His overall purpose.
 To all B-ters and his immediate family...take heart, be comforted that he has finished the race..like we all would do someday....take care ..best regards- olasupo jacobs

chav

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2012, 08:56:32 AM »

Sorry to hear this sad news. Like many here I can honestly say Ray's ministry changed my life. My thoughts are with his family and closes friends at this time.
Dave

Cypress

• I <3 jj81
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2012, 09:18:54 AM »

Gosh, I don't even know what to say :(.
Elaine

eggi

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2012, 09:36:24 AM »

Elaine, you are so right. Words are hard to find. God's Word can give hope even in the darkest situations. The scriptures that many have provided in these last days of Ray's life are amazing and dry away our tears.

God bless you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

levycarneiro

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2012, 09:41:39 AM »

God changed me, and the way I think about everything, through Ray's teachings. God gave me rest of many things and took me out of "hell". I really started to believe that God is good in all that He does.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:9

I'm glad that God directed me to the forum last night and I could say a prayer for Ray while he was alive. Although I've never met him in person, I feel his passing away as a dear and close brother, the bonding that the Spirit gives us.

God bless and comfort Manuela, Dennis, all immediate family and friends, and us BTers.

Levy
Brazil

Cypress

• I <3 jj81
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2012, 09:46:52 AM »

Just told my mom, who was the one that found BT and brought me to it...I could hear her voice cracking on the other end of the line.  She said "he's left much for us to study."

*hugs to all*
Elaine

margo

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2012, 10:10:21 AM »

Psalms 56:8   Thou tellest  my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?  9  When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know, for God is for me. 
We all need a good cry..  Prayers and love to Manuela, Dennis, Craig and ALL of the family.  Margo

onelovedread

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2012, 10:54:33 AM »

Goodbye, Ray
I never met you in person, but God sent you into my life and your words have transformed me. Surely there is a great reward reserved for you. You have run the race worthily.

Manuela, Dennis and my forum family, I share your grief and express my heartfelt sympathy. May God comfort you and continue to fill you with His peace.

John (One-love-dread)

lynne

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2012, 11:11:44 AM »

1 Cor 1 :26-29

[26] For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
[27] But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
[28] And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
[29] That no flesh should glory in his presence.

I never had the chance to meet Ray, but these scriptures will always remind me of this funny, kind, bold, WISE roofer.  Thank you Lord and thank you Ray for getting me out of the sand and on to the Rock.  BT members , my prayers and love to you all as God comforts each and every one of you.

octoberose

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2012, 11:15:18 AM »

Thank you Father that Ray's suffering has ended. We were hoping for healing, but You have given him sleep instead. Please bring comfort to all those who mourn, and please know how grateful we are for your mercy and your mighty work through your servants.

Samson

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2012, 11:15:38 AM »

Ray was a teacher like no other I will ever get to know. What I appreciated most about knowing Ray was that as great a teacher he was he was just a man like myself, warts and all.  When you discover the bible truths site you have a tendancy to think of Ray as some Zen master who was head and shoulders above everyone else, but he was not, he was a man just like everyone else with all the same struggles and problems.  That should prove to all of you that if God decides to use you He will.  It doesn't matter what the gift is, if it is given by God you will be used and you don't have to be a saint, just willing.

I will miss his writings and emails but I also know that if I can apply even a little bit of what I learned through Ray it will take the rest of my life and then some. 

Over the last few years I have held back a few emails here and there to post after he is gone so in the next weeks I will post a few of them. Even though you are sad now look toward the future and all the changes you can work in your lives because of what knowledge God has given to you through the teaching that Ray brought out.  Death is not an end it is just another beginning and Ray is pain free now and resting as he awaits the next beginning God uses him for.

Craig

What Craig Posted above sums up my thoughts and feelings on the matter, Ray is pain free and isn't suffering anymore, My prayers go out especially for Manuella, the Marriage Mate usually suffers the most, because She is conscious of these things, including the eventuality of Death. Ray has passed away and We grieve, but His Paper, Death Is An Encouraging Word holds true. One day, Ray will be awake by the power of His and Our Master, Christ Jesus and to Ray it will seem like no time had elapsed, because He's not conscious of being dead or suffering from the prospect of Dying like the Living currently are. I am the Resurrection and the Life, He who believes in Me will not die unto the Age. My prayers go out especially to those who were real close to Him. I only spoke to Ray on the phone once, about three weeks ago and even in that conversation He was trying to give Me pointers about the first three chapters of Genesis relating to the 2008 Conference material, an area I was weak in understanding, the discussion "unexpectedly" went in that direction.

Take Care, Samson.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 12:38:30 PM by Samson »

dogcombat

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2012, 11:29:45 AM »

Indeed,

Ray suffers no more.  May God's Grace that enabled him to endure to the end be sufficient to those of us who have read his papers and communicate on the forum to continue our journey knowing that God's Will has been (and continues to be) done.

Ches

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2012, 11:34:15 AM »

God's will be done.  It is perfect, it is good.

I thank our Heavenly Father for showing us His mercy and grace by giving us time to "prepare" for this day and for finally relieving Ray of his pain and suffering.  May his blessings be upon all of us to endure until the end.

René

zvezda

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2012, 11:48:48 AM »

I rarely post here and didn't plan to bother Ray with my problems and trials, but then this year (actually on the new year's eve), all of a sudden i finally felt the need to send him a long email to talk about my trials, he wrote me back with lots of comforting words, i am glad God put the desire in my heart to talk to him just in time.
 :'( :'( :'( goodbye Ray, hope we will see you again soon.

Memme

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2012, 11:51:36 AM »

Although I was afraid this day would come I, like all of us, prayed that God’s will would be to let Ray stay a bit longer to give us more words from his wisdom.  But it seems, God knew that his battle was done and no doubt, Ray will hear the words ‘well done, good and faithful servant’!   Although my heart is broken today, I rejoice in thankfulness his suffering has ended and now can only pray that Manuela and family will continue to be strengthened by all the love of those here and, of course, by our Lord’s spirit. 

I thank my God for leading me to Ray’s site those many years ago when I was at the bottom of the barrel spiritually and emotionally.    Words are inadequate to express my joy in the ultimate revelation of scriptural truths in Ray’s articles.  Lord, I thank you for Ray, the man who wasn’t afraid of showing his ‘warts’ but wielded your Sword of Truth with POWER that only You could give him!  I look forward to meeting him someday alongside Paul, Peter and all of those who are YOURS.

Love & blessings to all,
Barbara

"For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death."
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 12:35:23 PM by Memme »

Revilonivek

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2012, 12:04:20 PM »

Manuela,

I am so very sorry to hear about your husband's passing. Even though I don't know you or Ray, I wish that I could reach out and hug you. Going though something like this is never easy. We will never really get over losing someone we love.  He is part of you forever. He will always be in your heart and in your mind, and your life. That is what makes it hard.

I am also glad that Ray is no longer suffering and in excruciating pain. But I cannot imagine how difficult this is for you and your family.

May God grant you everything you need to get through this.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Denise

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2012, 12:15:52 PM »

From very early on in my time at B-T, I've rarely opened the forum without at least a little dread of reading this notice.  For everything there is a season...a time to weep. 

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all (including those who sleep) be changed in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

This is the way it has to be.  I'm thankful for the faith, grace, comfort AND the foretaste brought about by what Ray has shared from the Scripture. 

My prayer is for Manuela and family and friends.  God be with you as you go through this, each in your own way.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.