bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Ray is gone  (Read 43471 times)

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Ray is gone
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2012, 12:21:01 PM »

I never met Ray and never attended a conference, but he was one of the most influential people in my life--certainly THE most influential in my adult life. My gratitude is boundless for all the work he's done.

Echoing the words of others...

1) I'm grateful that he is no longer in pain.

2) It's an amazing, beautiful thing that God gave such wisdom to a roofer. "You read my credentials, they're right there on the front page--retired roofer. Those are my credentials, I’m a retired roofer and they hate that. Why? Because they want to put me down, but I’ve already put myself down. I mean I could say that I’m just a roofer’s helper, that would put me down a little bit more, you know." From FOUNDATIONAL TRUTHS, my favorite study that Ray has done.  8)

3) Praying for Manuela and Dennis. God bless and comfort you.

doug

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2012, 12:37:56 PM »

Dear Manuela ~

Perhaps our Christ has used your Ray to teach us all the last of the revelation to mankind He wishes to declare.  And to soon usher in the First Resurrection.

That would be my earnest prayer to You my Lord.  Use Ray mightily in Your service in the Kingdom to come.  Amen.

We will see you shortly Ray... in the bliss of the New Age!

Your fellow servant in Christ - love, doug

boanerges

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2012, 01:06:41 PM »

sad day for us left behind, especially for manuela, and others close to brother ray.
my hopes and prayers for you all.

since finding the website some years ago it changed me and my concept of God.

it showed the true loving Father, not the monstrous being of the mainstream, thankyou brother Ray for the revelations.

in times such as this where i feel the loss of a loved one, i have lost now 4 since finding the truth here at bt, the more comforting paper from brother Ray is the paper about what happens at death, it gave comfort knowing it is all God and His timing for all.

i no longer view death as a final out come, it is not goodbye brother Ray, but it is  see you in a bit

GaryK

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2012, 01:10:32 PM »

James 1:12
12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

2 Timothy 4:8
8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day —and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

2 Timothy 4:7

7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

Standing down and at rest.   

Well deserved SIR, and friend.   You've done your part that was layed out for you to accomplish.   No complaints on this end.

gk

Gina

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2012, 01:22:56 PM »

Thank you, Craig.  You're right about Ray just being a man like us.  (Except he was so smart --  but obviously that too is another work of God.  Just amazingly brilliant.)

Thank you for your willingness and work here, too, Craig.

God bless you and everyone. 

That God would comfort us by there being more emails from Ray in the next days, weeks, or months, brings me much joy and comfort.  Thank you very much for that.

I thank God for leading me to Ray.  I have so much to learn and there's no way I, or anyone, could ever learn all there is to learn in one lifetime, even if we lived to 125.  But there's enough material in Ray's writings to keep this group busy for the next 10 thousand years, dare I say millions of years. 

God brought us face to face with a miracle when He led us to the work He's done through Ray.  There is no doubt in my mind.

Thank you again to all who work and have worked so tirelessly o keep us safe, comfort us, train, lead and guide us-- Ray, Dennis, Manuela, Craig, Marques, DaveinTenn, ChrisR, Kat, Rene, etc.

Thank you for this wonderful ministry that I get to be a witness to and have a part in, however small.

I love you all.  I'm so glad you're here.  Thank you.

david mc fauld

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2012, 02:27:43 PM »

Its a sad day for us all, its nice to know he is free of pain, may God comfort his family and friends, what a great teacher he was.

Dave & Sandie.

bob

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2012, 02:29:37 PM »

We are saddened by the passing of our friend and mentor. May Jesus comfort his family, Manuela, Dennis, and all the moderators and members of Bible-Truths. We were also at the Mobile conference at got to meet Ray and other members. We have been but a very few, blessed to have been able to study and understand the teachings of L. Ray Smith.  We will never forget Ray and he will be in our hearts and minds as we continue to study his teaching and listen to all the audio and video he has left us. Thank you Ray,   Bob and Sue

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2012, 02:34:43 PM »

You know, I woke up and opened my facebook and this was the first thing I saw. It was hard to believe. I went downstairs and told my mother, she has no clue who he is but I just couldn't help but cry. Even though I know this was all planned by our Father, even though I know he feels no more pain, even though I know we will see ray again. It still hurts. I love you ray and I wish I could have met you just once or spoken to you over the phone. Through you God showed me just how real He is, the most real thing in the universe. Through you, God showed me His love for mankind and your humerous no nonsense approach to the scriptures and all the heresy that is out there always put a smile on my face and gave me great hope and strength. I feel like a light on a hill has gone out. You will be terribly terribly missed ray. I love you so much, thank you for everything you did my brother. We will all see you again and until then, we will strive forward in Christ, I Just wish I could have told you personally, thank you.

1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

jj81

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2012, 02:52:11 PM »

I'll never forget this day. Every year, two days before my birthday, my thoughts will be dedicated to our precious friend.

Rest In Peace Ray. We love you and the beautiful people that were closest to you.

Justin

Daddysgirl

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2012, 04:31:47 PM »

Rest in Peace Ray. My heart is struggling to accept this.

2Cor1v3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; 4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

dodrill

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2012, 04:48:56 PM »

Dearest Manuela, I pray your grief be bearable and you feel the comfort of our Lord in the days ahead.  Thank you for sharing Ray's time with us, your humble husband has touched many lives with his diligence in searching the scriptures. He will be sorely missed. I pray your family and friends comfort too

lauriellen

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2012, 06:05:11 PM »

My heart goes out to Rays family and friends. I found so many comforting scriptures reguarding the death of our loved ones....so many describe the dead being 'gathered to their people.'....(Gen_25:8  And Abraham expired and died in a good old age, old and satisfied. And he was gathered to his people). What an amazingly comforting thought. Another favorite comforting scripture is Job_14:5  For his days are fixed, the number of his months is with You, and You have set his bounds so that he cannot pass;.....it just reminds me that even tho life (and death) is very much out of our control, it is never out of Gods control. 2Sa_7:12  And when your days are fulfilled, and you shall sleep with your fathers, I will set up your seed after you, who shall come out of your bowels. And I will make his kingdom sure.....Ray planted seeds of truth for all of us, and God will bring the increase and make His kingdom sure.2Ti_1:12  For this cause I also suffer these things; but I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am persuaded that He is able to guard My deposit unto that Day..... hoping these scriptures will bring comfort and confidence to us all.
lauri

pylady

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2012, 06:16:45 PM »

I cry for you as for a brother, Ray.  I will miss you and your great wisdom and humor very much.

But, I am glad you are finally out of pain and in the Father's hands awaiting the prize of the upward calling.  For surely you are Christ's brother.

Thank you, Ray, for opening our eyes to His truths, even preparing us for your own death by teaching us that death is only sleep while Father deals with the rest of mankind.

Thank you, Dennis, for always keeping us informed, even though today's news is extremely sad.

Thank you, Manuela, for sharing your dear husband's time with us.

My heart goes out to all of you.

Cindy

eggi

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2012, 06:36:21 PM »

Every time I read those words "Ray is gone" my heart sinks and tears come to my eyes. I have visited this thread so many times today that I can't count them. I need to, because I feel closer to all of you just opening this page. It's so good that we have this forum to share and support each other. Christ is with us and strengthens us. I have felt that many times today.

You are all in my prayers.

Love,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Cypress

• I <3 jj81
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2012, 07:13:28 PM »

I feel the same as you. I've visited the forum probably 200 times in the last few days. Was listening to one of Ray's audios while at work...

Every time I read those words "Ray is gone" my heart sinks and tears come to my eyes. I have visited this thread so many times today that I can't count them. I need to, because I feel closer to all of you just opening this page. It's so good that we have this forum to share and support each other. Christ is with us and strengthens us. I have felt that many times today.

Love,
Eirik
Elaine

Gina

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2012, 07:23:23 PM »

Love,
Eirik

Me, too. 

I was up late last night talking to one of the forum members that God used to comfort me.  Thank God for this forum and all you members.

I was only able to cry this morning.  I know there are others who can't even begin to express their grief and sadness because it's so overwhelming.  It's totally understandable, and my heart goes out to you, too.

My thoughts keep going to Manuela too because she's the one who's had him close to her all these years and taking care of him  and now she has to completely readjust her entire way of getting through the day.  It's overwhelming just to think of that alone.

And then of course there's Craig who fielded all the emails.  And Dennis who kept up the site, etc.

It's going to be quite an adjustment.  But God will continue to comfort us and pull us through this.  God's way too good to me.

blissfulkitten

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2012, 07:34:30 PM »

Ray is my Dad's brother, Jack (Jacob). They don't have internet to see the love spilling from this forum. Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers. I'll let my parents know that hundreds of people send their love.
Thanks again.
Bonnie

Gina

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2012, 07:44:46 PM »

Ray is my Dad's brother, Jack (Jacob). They don't have internet to see the love spilling from this forum. Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers. I'll let my parents know that hundreds of people send their love.
Thanks again.
Bonnie

Thank you, Bonnie. 

aktikt

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2012, 08:04:06 PM »

Bible truths and L. Ray Smith has dramatically changed my life and I don't think I will ever forget the truths I have learned here.  I am very sad because of Ray's passing on.  Even though I have never met Ray in person I'll miss him very much. 

Here's a quote from Deutoronomy 32:47 to show what BibleTruths is:
"They are not just idle words for you--they are your life."
Shakespeare-There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Linny

« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2012, 08:06:31 PM »

Rest in Peace dear Ray. My life was forever changed as a result of reading one of Ray's articles back in 2008. What a journey it has been. I always hoped for a healing here for Ray but thankful he fought for as long as he did and as hard as he did. He will be missed.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.