bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Ray is gone  (Read 43124 times)

SDDiver

Re: Ray is gone
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2012, 08:30:28 PM »

Like everyone else here, I’m saddened by the loss of Ray. A man whom I have never met in person but felt I knew in spirit. My prayers are for his dear wife, his family and loved ones, and for all of us here on this site. Ray’s wisdom will continue to live on through his articles and emails. Thank you dear brother and faithful servant for all you have done. Rest in peace.  :'(

eagle

« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2012, 08:36:53 PM »

I rarely use the expression " The Holy Spirit reminded me of ... " ,but I have
to be honest, and say that today The Holy Spirit reminded me that Ray`s
last message to us on the forum was the Mothers day message May 13.
In John 19 , Jesus on the cross says these words:

When Jesus therefore saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing by, He said to His mother, “Woman, behold your son!”  Then He said to the disciple, “Behold your mother!” 

Thank you Ray and Manuela. I too will pray that our heavenly Father will comfort you Manuela.

JD

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2012, 10:26:31 PM »

My deepest sympathies to Manuela and Rays family, close friends, to the Mods on B.T who knew him so well and to the greater B.T Family.

This is indeed a day of days to remember...I feel like we're all in the "upper room" here and yet Rays life and passing is one of great hope. What a great legacy he has left behind. The fruit that has fallen from this great tree shall surely boast a more plentiful harvest!

I'm convinced that the revelation Ray has been privy to all these years, shall surely continue in the hearts and minds of those, who God in His grace, has called to the truth. I'm sure Ray would have it no other way.

Peace and comfort to you all.

J.D.

Gabriel

« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2012, 10:49:56 PM »

I love you Ray and I will miss you. Sleep well Brother.  :'(

EKnight

« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2012, 11:14:04 PM »

I couldn't come up with the words to describe the sadness I feel for Manuela and all those who loved Ray.  I will say this, had it not been for Ray, the death of my own husband would have been the end of me but because of his teachings, and correspondence with me about death, I know I would not have been able to live through it.  Thank you Ray.

Eileen

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2012, 11:23:07 PM »

I love you Ray and I will miss you. Sleep well Brother.  :'(

:'(
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2012, 11:27:33 PM »

I rarely use the expression " The Holy Spirit reminded me of ... " ,but I have
to be honest, and say that today The Holy Spirit reminded me that Ray`s
last message to us on the forum was the Mothers day message May 13.
In John 19 , Jesus on the cross says these words:

When Jesus therefore saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing by, He said to His mother, “Woman, behold your son!”  Then He said to the disciple, “Behold your mother!” 

Thank you Ray and Manuela. I too will pray that our heavenly Father will comfort you Manuela.

Very true eagle. The first person I told about this was my very own mother without thinking. She doesn't know ray but when I couldn't help but cry, she almost started to cry with me. I think these reminders and events are more than just inspirations. Thank you for sharing.

It's so hard to come to this thread without hurting. Like many others, i never got to meet ray in person though I wanted to so bad. I remember wishing I had the money to go attend a conference so many a times. Despite this, my heart aches so much like so many here.

My prayers are certainly with our entire family here and Ray's dear wife.

1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

HamiltonL

« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2012, 11:49:13 PM »

This goes to the man that God used to teach me many things....from the words he wrote in spoke I have gained a level of understanding in that I can truly say I am starting to know who God is. Rest on until the resurrection sir. A mentor and a teacher to many, a crazy heretic to many more, but you held the faith and even at deaths door for the last few years you ministered to others as though you had no cancer in your body......L. Ray Smith you shall be missed......sleep on brother...sleep on.

Judy burns

« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2012, 11:56:48 PM »

I am so very sad but because God is good, I pray that good will come from this.  His teachings are life changing and he is a legend.  We have truly entered into another man's labor. May God give us all comfort at this time.

Zimmy

« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2012, 12:08:53 AM »

You have contended the ideal contest. You have finished your career. You have kept the faith.
 Furthermore, there is reserved for you the wreath of righteousness, which the Lord, the just Judge, will be paying to you in that day; yet not to you only, but also to all who love His advent.

What an inspiration and blessing in all of our lives.

There are no other words.

Good-bye Ray

gmik

« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2012, 12:11:57 AM »

:'( :'(

what a shock!  and yet as many said, dreading to come to forum and read those words, its finally true.
I am kinda mad at God...I know I will go thru all the stages of grieving and this "anger" will pass correctly and I will confess and be forgivien but dangit right now I just don't get it...

I loved meeting him in Tenn. conventions twice...what a guy!!!  Dear Manuela...I am so sorry for your loss. We lost a teacher, you lost your soul-mate.

I am at a loss..... :'(

Joel

« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2012, 12:33:55 AM »

Ray is gone but not forgotten.
I remember Ray saying that when he would go to bed he would sometimes fall asleep thanking the Lord for all his blessings. His pillow, the sheets on the bed, heat or airconditioning, and so on.
It is a sad time now, I think Ray would want us to rejoice in the Lord, and all the Truths that have been revealed in our day.
Thanks Ray for all the work, and time that you spent in helping others! I am a better person as a result of your labor.
May the Lord bless his faithfull wife, and the rest of his family, and all the forum members during this time of sorrow.

Psalms 116:14 Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.

Joel

Ricky

« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2012, 01:29:26 AM »

Rest in peace my friend. :'(
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

jopie

« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2012, 01:33:26 AM »

I am shocked and saddened at the news of Ray's passing.

He was an amazing teacher with tremendous insight into the word of God.
My heart goes out to Manuela and family. you are in my thoughts and prayer.

I will be forever grateful.
The pain is gone, the healing will begin.

iris

« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2012, 03:55:46 AM »

My life was changed because of the articles that Ray wrote. I prayed that Ray would get better, but that was not God's plan. He will be missed by all.

peace,
Iris

emkayfey

« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2012, 04:25:38 AM »

A really sad loss to us all. I am happy I met Ray in person, I won't forget the feeling of entering his study. Ray has indeed touched many lives with his scholarship, and I'm sure many more will still be touched and we shall all continue to ruminate on what a gem we lost. But has he taught, all is of God.

My sincere thoughts are with Manuela and those left behind... Including the forum family.

Although early days, but the legacy must be kept alive.

santgem

« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2012, 07:40:05 AM »

It is only last March 2011 that i stumble in Ray's writing, and with the help of the Spirit of the Lord  i was able to understand the writings that he made, for it is the  simplicity of the writings to be understood easily. All the writings  detail in my point of view is very clear and precise.

Now is the time the Lord to call, and Ray's time is over. Ray is gone but his contribution for the truth is so huge and remains that even myself is waiting for such a long time and now found it through Ray.

How lucky is Ray that he is chosen by the Lord "Exposing those who Contradict."

May we the brother's and sister's of Ray  steadfastly continuing spreading the truth.

Thank you Lord for bringing Ray to us and i pray that there will be more Ray to come....

God bless you Ray!

acomplishedartis

« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2012, 07:40:33 AM »

I am sad.
When I was a kid and my father died of cancer, for some strange reason, I didn't cry. Somehow I had a strong feeling that
that happen just how it was meant to happen. And there is no other way around. Today I feel the same way.

I am sure one of the main  reasons that Ray fighted so well his trials on the last years was to keep on giving comfort to
others. Ray remained on the Scriptures all time on his teachings, but not only that, his message used to fit also with his life
example. I am thankful for his example, he became the message himself! ..some where expecting for another miracle but--

HE WAS THE MIRACLE already. On a world replete with vanity, greed and superegos, God showed Ray how to be humble and go down to your level and be your friend.

Now. When does the ideas and teachings of somebody expand the most? Just after that somebody's death. So I believe this are crucial times and we should surely try to don't waste them. It might be time to think and rethink, and now what's next...? Some will get discouraged and slowly leave and forget the teachings, others will hopefully be encouraged to keep on growing on a faster rate, and take on the same essence/substance/SPIRIT and courage!

What we should be the most is grateful, for the time that we where able to study the Scriptures along with him. God willing, Ray will be given in-mortality some day.

just saying...
Moises

Duane

« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2012, 08:03:42 AM »

One of the things that I will regret for the rest of my life is that Moises gave me Ray's home phone number, which i still have pinned on our board, and everyime I went to call him SOMETHING came up and I never got the chance to talk to him in person!   A once in a life opportunity---GONE!
Our hearts are heavy with Ray's passing and our spirits GROAN withion us in a way that only the holy spirit can interpret.
In Christ,
Duane

HoneyLamb56

« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2012, 09:42:18 AM »

I am saddened at the loss of a wonderful man who taught us so much; God's will is done and Ray is no longer in pain; my condolences to his family and friends.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.