bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Time and Eternity  (Read 18072 times)

Gina

Re: Time and Eternity
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 05:21:39 PM »

That's so cool, Dave.

hehe "J. Preston Eby...  and all these other turkeys,"  I love it.  (That's such an east coast expression.)

servias

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2012, 03:03:03 AM »

From The "Time and Eternity".  Just watched this a couple of days ago and this quote is nagging at me....

"Made from what?  From something.  What?  Things that don’t appear.  THINGS.  Are there things that don’t appear?  Yes.  Is God a thing?  Yes God is a thing, I think that He’s a thing more than He is a person.  But some people fault me for not suggesting that God is a person.  But He is some ‘thing’ and the creation is out of Him."

Has Ray gone into any more details on this?  I've kind of thought the same thing before but I can't explain it.  Is God Physical too?  I've always wondered if God IS everything?  Hope somebody can show me some scripture on this. 

Dan

Gina

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2012, 03:51:01 AM »

This might help.  See if you can figure out what's being said:

Nor does God create things out of NOTHING:

"...IN [Greek is ‘in’ not ‘by’] Him [Christ] is ALL CREATED, that in the heavens and that on the earth..." (Col. 1:16).

"For OUT [the Greek is ‘out’ not ‘of’] of Him and THROUGH Him and FOR [Greek is ‘for’ not ‘to’] is ALL" (Rom. 11:36).

So creation is "IN Christ," but "OUT of God." Not out of "nothing." The universe consists of the things of God’s already eternally existing SELF. God is SPIRIT (John 4:24). And what is matter but invisible spiritual power and energy

"Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that THINGS which are seen [physical matter] were not made of things [were they then made of nothing? NO] which DO APPEAR" (Heb. 11:3).

There it is. God made everything out of things that DO NOT APPEAR [invisible things] not out of things that do appear [physical things], and this is because GOD HIMSELF IS INVISIBLE!

http://bible-truths.com/lake2.html
(Bold and underline added.)

Would it be safe to conclude that Ray was saying that he believes God is (at least in part aside from Spirit) invisible energy and power?  Maybe that doesn't sit well with some people, but I have no problem with that.  Even so, would that change anything that we know are the right things to do?

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 03:59:29 AM by Gina »

Kat

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2012, 10:37:12 AM »

Hi Dan,

That is something I have pondered on many times, this question about who/what is God the Father. Something that has occurred to me is when you consider that God has always existed, well would this eternal being/thing actually be able to be contained into a singular shape/form? To me I do not see how that could be possible. He is eternal and all the physical and even spiritual things in the heavens and on earth were His ideas, He is the ultimate designer of all the things that hold a shape or form. Though of course the Father gave this task of creation to His Son so that "all things were created through Him and for Him." But when it says that "He/Jesus is THE image of the invisible God," would/could that mean Jesus is the only image the invisible God has?

Col 1:15  He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

Here is an excerpt from the 06 Mobile Conference 'WHAT IS "THE FATHER'S WILL?'

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=3720.0 -------

So let’s think about this a little bit, who is the Father?  In Him we live and breath and have our being.  Liken the ocean to the Spirit of God, and liken us to the fish.  The fish are 95% water, the ocean is in the fish, and the fish are in the ocean, get it.
A bird has very porous bones, because they have to be very light.  It flies in the heavens, it breaths fast, because it needs strength and oxygen.  So the air (which is like the Spirit of God, which is what he calls it in the NT, Greek word for spirit is pheuma), the expanse is even called heaven, where the bird flies, and liken the air to the Spirit of God.  The bird has air in him and is flying through the air.

Now this is what the scripture say, we are in God and God is in us.  So, get it out of your head that God is a man, sitting on a stone throne, like Abraham Lincoln in Washington D.C., an old man with gray hair.  God is right here, it (Bible) says so, we have to just listen to the words.

God is Spirit, it also says God is invisible, you can’t see Him, not literally.  We can see Him in Spirit, as in our heart, in our mind, our soul, our spirit, in our intermost being.

The thing that makes us different from plants and other animals, is we can see God.  I’m trying to help you right now, to see God.  So when you leave here, you will see God in a way you didn’t, when you walked in here.  If God opens it up to you, I can only tell you, but God must open it up for you to grasp it.

God is here, not here because we are here, but He was here before we got here and He’ll still be after we leave.  Because this desk is here and this desk has it cohesion in Jesus Christ.  It is through Jesus Christ that this desk holds together or it would fall apart.  It takes energy and power, what is the source of the power, Jesus Christ, which comes from the Father and it’s passed off out of Him.  One Father, one God, all and everything is out of Him.  GOD IS ALMIGHTY!

What did Jesus say when He left His apostles and vanished out of their sight.

He said, “all power is given unto Me in heaven and in earth,” (Matt. 28:18).

That’s why He has come, He’s not the Father, but He’s God and He possesses all power in heaven and earth.  By being the One, who possesses all power in heaven and earth, He is God.  He didn’t have all power in heaven and earth from all eternity, it was given to Him.  One God, everything is out of that God.  We’re in Him and He’s in us, because He’s Spirit.  Not a Spirit, in some geographical location.  The reason God knows everything, is in all places at all times, is because that’s where He is.  He’s Spirit and He refers to Himself as Spirit.  My Spirit is here, there and everywhere.

David was inspired to write, where can I go to get away from you God, up to heaven, down to sheol, (Psalms 139:7-12).
There’s no place I can go, where you are not.  Why?  God is Spirit, God is not a man, get that out of your head.  He (God) tells us that, God is not a man, Jesus Christ is a man.

Where is God?  EVERYWHERE!
If your in a life raft, out in the middle of the ocean, you don’t have to cry out to God, to help you.  God can see you, in the big ocean.  He’s there, whether He’ll help, that’s a different story.  But He is there.
------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 01:49:11 AM by Kat »

servias

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2012, 11:42:45 AM »

I need to wrap my head around all of this!

Thanks for directing me where to look. 

Here is some more confusion that this makes for me.  Since God's spirit is everywhere all the time, where is his spirit in times of evil?  Do we see less of his spirit around us during evil.  Kind of like the old cliche of the devil talking in one ear and an angel in another.  I know that sounds silly but is evil perhaps a lack of god during the time evil is existing?  Or is evil its own thing and power? 

I know this all sounds like over thinking... Well it is...  ;D   I over think and do not expect a complete answer because in the end these little nuances I have don't matter to much.

Kat

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2012, 12:39:52 PM »

Hi Dan,

God is omnipresent, He is everywhere all the time and see all things. And only in Him do all things consist/hold together (Col 1:17).

Pro 15:3  The eyes of the LORD are in every place,
       Keeping watch on the evil and the good.

Psa 139:7  Where can I go from Your Spirit?
       Or where can I flee from Your presence?
v. 8  If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
       If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.
v. 9  If I take the wings of the morning,
       And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
v. 10  Even there Your hand shall lead me,
       And Your right hand shall hold me.
v. 11  If I say, "Surely the darkness shall fall on me,"
       Even the night shall be light about me;
v. 12  Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You,
       But the night shines as the day;
       The darkness and the light are both alike to You.

Jer 23:23  "Am I a God near at hand," says the LORD,
       "And not a God afar off?
v. 24  Can anyone hide himself in secret places,
       So I shall not see him?" says the LORD;
       "Do I not fill heaven and earth?" says the LORD.

Also as God is sovereign, which means He ultimately controls all things.

Rom 9:13  As it is written, "Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated."
v. 14  What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? Certainly not!
v. 15  For He says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion."
v. 16  So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy.
v. 17  For the Scripture says to the Pharaoh, "For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth."
v. 18  Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens.
v. 19  You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?"
v. 20  But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, "Why have you made me like this?"
v. 21  Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?
v. 22  What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction,
v. 23  and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory,
v. 24  even us whom He called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Think about what this is saying, God is doing what has to be done for this creation to turn out in the most wonderful way that He wants, even if He needs to "endured with much longsuffering," so that it will be so.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

John from Kentucky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2012, 04:17:02 PM »

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,12934.0.html

Read the April 2, 2011 message from Ray, attached, starting a little down from the top.

Our understanding of God---the Father and Jesus---Who they are and how They interact---is far, far from complete.  Ray was studying this matter the last year.

Ray admits that his paper on the trinity does not account for and explain all the scriptures on this matter.  Ray also states that this matter is the most amazing thing we will learn from the scriptures.

If the Father is God and Jesus is God, then you have two Gods, but the scriptures teach that there is only One God.

Somewhere Ray also wrote that in Genesis, where it says man is being created in the image of God, the word for image is not just referring to a spiritual image, but an actual form and image.

Ray had also asked the question how could Jesus be the express image of the Father if the Father has no image.

Since Ray has died, and we don't have his complete thought on this issue, then this matter is for our private study and meditation.

Maybe we won't have full understanding until after the resurrection.  But if that is so, then why did God bring up these questions through Ray but not provide us with full understanding?

I have been thinking of little else the past year, hoping Ray would give us further insights.  A significant part of the answer is found in the second part of Ray's creed---that Jesus is God's Authorized Autobiography.

Ray also wrote that he now knew the Father's name.  All of this is extremely fascinating to me.

eggi

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2012, 07:55:40 PM »

Hi all,

Joining the club, this fascinates me as well. Although I'm sure I would have a hard time grasping it, because I don't yet see what is in the second part of Ray's creed. Nor do I see what is in the first. But that's just me at this point. If I, God willing, will spend some years meditating on it, it'll come to me. That would be wonderful. Ray really had an amazing insight into things that not many people think about.

God bless you,
Eirik
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 07:59:21 PM by eggi »
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

whyisthatso

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2012, 10:49:37 PM »

For me, as I can understand, the best way to describe the "relationship" ( but Im not sure thats the right word)  between the Father and Son is to say.........When you see a policeman on the street, that man is "the law" to YOU, but that man is not THE LAW.

whyisthatso

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2012, 10:57:44 PM »

But the "relationship" is a matter of thought.............literally.

servias

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2012, 12:02:26 AM »

THIS STUFF IS ALL SO VERY COOL!  Unbelievable!  I will just ponder on all of this for awhile now, words can't describe what this potentially is.   ;D

santgem

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2012, 07:50:18 AM »

This is one of my favorites among Ray's teachings. The connection from Old to New testament.

God replied to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. Say this to the people of Israel: I AM has sent me to you.” God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel: Yahweh, the God of your ancestors—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.

This is my eternal name,

my name to remember for all generations.(Ex. 3:14-15).

"Moreover, brethren, I would not that you should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; And did all eat the same spiritual meat; And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and THAT ROCK WAS CHRIST" (I Cor. 10:1-4).
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 08:09:03 AM by santgem »

acomplishedartis

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2012, 11:47:27 AM »

Gina,

thanks for this tread. I have been thinking about this subject and paper lately and just enjoyed to see all the movement around here.
This morning I am having A LOT of food for thought.

time = movement     movement = time     

doug

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2012, 12:33:26 PM »

This morning I am having A LOT of food for thought.

time = movement     movement = time     

Moises, Hi.  It sounds like all interested in this topic need to study Einstein's "theory of relativity"!  God abides by His own laws of physics you know (except when He performs miracles to show that He is the Great "I AM").

I know that I was glued to the edge of my seat whenever I listened to Ray delve into this discussion!

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2012, 01:45:18 PM »

Members, this was posted in reply to a 'teaching' post (with some comments about the forum) which has been removed. 

I don't know how its possible that the least in the Kingdom should be greater than John also in the kingdom.  You might as well say there is a coin less valuable than the least valuable.  If John and the Patriarchs are not in the kingdom first, then I (should I be there) will be happy to thank and minister to them.  They WILL be there before "those seeking to enter and not be able".  Each in his own order.

Nobody here claims perfection, nor did Ray.  I would hope nobody here claims Ray was perfect. 

We have very simple rules on the forum.  They are clear and not secret.  They are so 'public' that everyone who joins is asked if they read them.  By your own declaration, you came here to teach.  Do you think everybody in the world should come here to teach?  Or is that "mission" for you only?  We have to make a distinction else this forum become like so many others, and we've made it.  I'm not a bit embarassed by that.  Let the debating, if there is to be any, take place in your own mind or elsewhere.

We are so 'liberal' that we don't even ask members to believe what is on B-T.  This is not a church, but a web-forum.  We just ask/insist that they respect and adhere to the reasons the forum exists expressed in the rules.

You're not the first person who has come here to 'straighten us out'.  You won't be the last.  And none of those have even agreed with each other.  That's pretty 'smelly' to me.             
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 05:04:11 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

mickiel

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2012, 09:00:52 PM »

I just watched Rays vedios on time and eternity, they were stunning. Just raw truth teaching, in my view, I had never heard him before. Very refreshing to hear unadulterated teaching.

On the image of God, I have come to see Gods image as being " Consciousness." I mean thats where I am with it now. The image of God is consciousness, and all humans have that. I doubt that Gods image means anything physical, and consciousness is " The Spirit in man", in my view of scripture. Consciousness is a Spirit, simular to the breath of life God blew into man, but I am not sure they are the same thing; the breath of life, and the Spirit in man( consciousness). Animals are alive, the breath of life, but I do not believe they are conscious ( or have Gods image.)

The bible calls Adam the first man, although he was not the first human created. I think it means Adam was the first human God gave consciousness , or that was created in his image. Which would suggest to me that primordal man, or humans before Adam, were not created in Gods image, or didnot have consciousness as we do; which I know sounds weird, but would be incredible.

I'm  still kind of thinking and studying on this premiss; but I think its possible.

Kat

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2012, 10:32:40 PM »

Hi mickiel,

Welcome to the forum  :)

The topic of spirit/breath and consciousness is a familiar subject here on the forum. Here is a Scripture that put together the breath and spirit together and you can see how it applies to animals also.

Gen 7:22  ALL in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, of all that was on the dry land, died.

Now when a person has their eyes opened by God He gives them another Spirit, an earnest of the Holy Spirit to go with their human spirit so that we can understand spiritual matters.

2Co 1:22  And He has sealed us and having given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Here are a few emails that go more into this.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,118.0.html ------------------

Man is made of TWO components--body and spirit. God never put a soul into Adam. The soul of man is not a component, but rather the product of two combined components, namely: body and spirit. God formed man's body out of the ground. He then breathed into this body the breath of life (spirit), and the MAN, not some separate component, but the man became a "LIVING SOUL."  The soul is not the living soul, but rather the man is the living soul. There is no soul without the body of man.  Understood?  God is not a trinity and neither is man a trinity.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,655.0.html -------------------

You are not paying attention to my writings. The consciousness is not in the body, and it is not in the spirit. The consciousness of man is in his soul, and his soul is resultant outcome of our spirit being united with a body. God breathed the breath and spirit of life into the man formed from the dust of the ground, and the man then BECAME a living soul. He BECAME conscious of his own being. At death we are no longer conscious of our being or our death. Our spirit must be reunited with a new body in resurrection before we will regain the soul and consciousness that we had before we died.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1594.0.html ----------------

Every person (and animal) has a "spirit."  There is no life without spirit. At death OUR spirit return to our God Who gave it to us. Spirit does not die. But, spirit has no consciencousness of its own. It must be united with a body. That is why there is coming a Resurrection of the DEAD. Adam's body had the spirit of God breathed into it and then Adam became a LIVING SOUL.  God's Holy Spirit is His Spirit of Holiness which imparts spiritual knowledge and spiritual character to those who possess it. The wicked and unbelievers have a spirit that keeps them alive, but they have no spiritual perception of spiritual truths because they do not possess the Holy Spirit of God living in us through Jesus Christ our Lord.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=1675.0 ----------------------------

Yes, there is a spirit in man (AND ALL ANIMALS). Nothing can live without "spirit." Spirit IS life (Ecc. 8:8; Ecc. 12:7; Luke 23:46;  I Cor. 2:11; etc.).  There is no consciousness in our spirit alone. There is only consciousness (soul) when man's spirit is combined with a body. God retains our spirit until resurrection when He puts our spirit into a new body and we once again become conscious or receive back the quality of "soul." We are said to have new "spiritual" bodies, not that we are made "spirits."

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=4176.0 ---------------------------

ALL men (and animals) have a spirit. This spirit gives life to the body and produces soul (feelings, thinking, emotions, etc.). But God dwells in our hearts and minds by way of His HOLY Spirit, which is a different spirit.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2619.0.html -----------------

The Spirit of Christ is eternal, and when we have the Spirit of Christ we have eternal life in us. But....BUT,
we have only the "earnest" of that spirit, and it will not keep our physical bodies from dying. But when we have the earnest of God's spirit, it is proof that there is more to come:  "In Whom you also trusted after that you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in Whom also after that you believed, you were SEALED WITH THAT HOLY SPIRIT OF PROMISE.  Which is the EARNEST of our inheritance UNTIL [not now; not yet, but later] the redemption of the purchased POSSESSION, unto the praise of His glory" (Eph. 1:13-14).

And that takes place at the resurrection of the saints at the last trump. One more point: although we are promised "eonian" life, nonethless, the spirit that gives us "immortality," IS ETERNAL.

God be with you,
Ray

mickiel

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2012, 11:16:12 PM »

Hi mickiel,

Welcome to the forum  :)

The topic of spirit/breath and consciousness is a familiar subject here on the forum. Here is a Scripture that put together the breath and spirit together and you can see how it applies to animals also.

Gen 7:22  ALL in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, of all that was on the dry land, died.

Now when a person has their eyes opened by God He gives them another Spirit, an earnest of the Holy Spirit to go with their human spirit so that we can understand spiritual matters.

2Co 1:22  And He has sealed us and having given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Greetings Kat, I am happy to be here; thank you.

I see how animals have a Spirit of life, and humans. I think I understand the difference between Gods Holy Spirit dwelling inside a human, and a human just having a Spirit of life, who does not have Gods Spirit of conversion or annointing, or whatever we can label a chosen believer. I was just saying that I see the spirit that all humans have, the spirit of life, as being in Gods image, or being conscious. One must ask then, are animals created in the image of God? I think there is a distinction between animals and humans, that being consciousness.

The human body combined with the breath of life, I think you were saying that produces consciousness. I tend to think consciousness is a spirit unto itself, and the body just carrys it around. So it seems to me there can be 3 spirits; the spirit of life, the spirit that is consciousness itself, and the Holy Spirit of God, whenever he decides to give that to the human. I mean the scriptures mentions a lot of Spirits, even suggest that God has " Seven" himself, in Revelations 4:5; which is an  incredible thing, if it is literally true.

I certainly believe that only Gods Spirit can reveal Spiritual things in their depth, yet I also believe we can only be conscious of, those things we are conscious of.

I know that Gods Spirit is in this place and was with Ray, I certainly sense that; one reason being, I am learning already and have gotten more understanding, and you don't get that so soon where the Spirit of God is not or has not been there.

Anyhow I am still learning, and I enjoy that benefit. I have rarely visted a place that believes in the Salvation of all and rejects the teachings of this eternal hell fire pain amphlifier; that is so refreshing; Jesus was not punished in order that humanity would be punished forever. He was not beaten, in order to leave room for humans to be beaten forever.

I am happy to be here and look forward to the refreshing. I hold developing views in many areas, but I agree with so many of Rays views, and have thought on simular lines for years. I have walked alone in my belief and had many years of argueing and debate, and I grow tired of that, and look to settle down with those who hold to the beliefs that I do myself. Doesn't have to be exactly like mine, but you know how that is, I have longed to be with those who see the glory of the Salvation of all.

And the Peace that brings.

Gina

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2012, 12:29:56 AM »

Welcome, Mikiel.   :)

Funny how this topic shifted from Time and Eternity to the different types of spirits and their functions.  That is quite a leap!  lol  (How's that for movement, Moises? My brain's doing back-flips. ;D)

We'll have two topics going under the same thread if we keep going, Mikiel, and that tends to throw people off.

Mind if I start another topic on that subject?

:)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 01:19:58 AM by Gina »

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2012, 02:14:51 AM »

Both religion and philosophy have failed us.  They have people so confused, they don't even know who THEY are--much less God.  I feel no need to divide myself into multiple bits and pieces.  God is creating (not 'has created') mankind into his image.  He 'breathed' spirit into man (and continues to) and man became a living soul (still happening).  Common theology says man has an immortal soul.  Scriptural truth is that man IS a living soul. 

Religion and the traditions of men don't understand spirit either.  Spirit is what God says it is, and it makes little difference what our 'conceptions' are.  It's a huge subject and can't be covered in a forum post.   

Animals (at least higher animals) have thoughts, feelings, make choices, dream, etc.  Yet they are not being created in the image of God.  We human souls are.  God both has and IS Spirit.  He gives what he has to whoever He chooses whenever He chooses--most notably to His Son.

Here's a list of short emails that talk about what people are from a Scriptural perspective:  http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,11605.0.html

This is one of my favorite passages of Scripture to refer to when talking about 'spirit':

1Co 2:11-15  For who among men knows the things of a man, except the spirit of a man within him? So also no one has known the things of God except the Spirit of God.  But we have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit from God, so that we might know the things that are freely given to us by God.  Which things we also speak, not in words taught in human wisdom, but in Words taught of the Holy Spirit, comparing spiritual things with spiritual things.  But a natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he is not able to know them, because they are spiritually discerned.  But the spiritual one discerns all things, but he is discerned by no one.

Spirit of (a) man.  Spirit of God.  Spirit of the World.  Spirit from God.  Words taught of the Holy Spirit.  Spiritual things.  Comparing spiritual things with spiritual things.  Things of the Spirit of God.  Things spiritually discerned.  Spiritual ones.  And that ain't anywhere near the end of it.   :D  Start putting it ALL together from all of Scripture, and leave behind the oogy-boogy "caspar-the-friendly-ghostisms' of religion, and you come closer to understanding "spirit".  It's all quite practical from my chair.

It's good to meet you.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.