bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Time and Eternity  (Read 18080 times)

mickiel

Re: Time and Eternity
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2012, 10:20:24 AM »

Welcome, Mikiel.   :)

Funny how this topic shifted from Time and Eternity to the different types of spirits and their functions.  That is quite a leap!  lol  (How's that for movement, Moises? My brain's doing back-flips. ;D)

We'll have two topics going under the same thread if we keep going, Mikiel, and that tends to throw people off.

Mind if I start another topic on that subject?

:)

Greetings, I most certainly don't mind at all. I apoligise for bringing in a different topic, I didnot mean to do so, or cause any confusion. Whenever I read a thread, I always tend to think on it and it leads me to other things, then I think out loud and write; forgive me for that. I am just enjoying myself, and I am not use to so many responses that make sense.

Time and eternity is a good subject. What is so impressive to me is to understand that growth and increase in Gods Kingdom will never end. Stunning and awesome just to think on that. The increase of our righteousness will never end, the increase of our goodness and Love will never end; the increase of our Joy, Patience, Kindness, and strength will never end. My goodness, is humanity destined to be some type of super spiritual being themselves? I mean if those things will forever increase, its stunning to consider what they will produce.

mickiel

« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2012, 10:30:58 AM »

[quote author=Dave in Tenn Spirit of (a) man.  Spirit of God.  Spirit of the World.  Spirit from God.  Words taught of the Holy Spirit.  Spiritual things.  Comparing spiritual things with spiritual things.  Things of the Spirit of God.  Things spiritually discerned.  Spiritual ones.  And that ain't anywhere near the end of it.   :D  Start putting it ALL together from all of Scripture, and leave behind the oogy-boogy "caspar-the-friendly-ghostisms' of religion, and you come closer to understanding "spirit".  It's all quite practical from my chair.

It's good to meet you.   
[/quote]

Good to meet you, I enjoyed reading your post. Religion certainly has a way of muddying the waters; still some good has come from it. And God certainly has used religion himself for many reasons. It was religion that birthed science, but then the church manipulated science and science soon rebelled from the church . Science started as a " Search for the divine", thats why they have discovered so many things, in my view. Religion  started as a search for the divine, then the search became selfish and distorted as men began to believe that they speak for God.

Anyhow, thats another topic; greetings to you.

Gina

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2012, 01:04:13 PM »

Thanks, Mikiel.

Since the topic is already here and because I get the impression from Dave in Tenn's post that the subject could never be solved in a forum thread, and we don't want to end up trying to teach one another, I'll not start that other thread and just leave you with this re the Seven Spirits of God.

It's actually pretty easy to know what they are.

Rev. 4:5  And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

The seven lamps of fire burning before the throne ARE the seven spirits of Gods.  Seven lamps equals seven spirits.  What are the lamps?  The answer is very simple and it's in Revelation.

I hope that helps a little and we can get back to the Time and Eternity topic. 

I'm dying to know what the people who are raised from the dead are going to have running through their minds.  What will they be thinking?  Will they see the technology (of whatever sort it may be when that day arrives) and sort of flip out, like:  "Is that a bird? a plane?  Where on earth am I?!"   hehe  What will they think if they happen to see the computer technology?  It'll be wild.  Or will they be resurrected back to  the times they lived in?   I don't really know!  But that's what I wonder and think about when the topic of time and eternity and, hence, the resurrection/reign with Christ comes up. 

I suppose all we can really do is speculate and take wild guesses at this point.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 01:06:43 PM by Gina »

mickiel

« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2012, 02:43:38 PM »

[quote author=Gina link=topic=14174.msg125591#msg125591

I'm dying to know what the people who are raised from the dead are going to have running through their minds.  What will they be thinking?  Will they see the technology (of whatever sort it may be when that day arrives) and sort of flip out, like:  "Is that a bird? a plane?  Where on earth am I?!"   hehe  What will they think if they happen to see the computer technology?  It'll be wild.  Or will they be resurrected back to  the times they lived in?   I don't really know!  But that's what I wonder and think about when the topic of time and eternity and, hence, the resurrection/reign with Christ comes up. 

I suppose all we can really do is speculate and take wild guesses at this point.
[/quote]

I can imagine many people will be freaking out and scared out of their minds! Some technology I see now freaks me out some. I often wonder what the Apostles of old will think about current Spiritual knowledge now- would they even agree with it. Time has to be taken in context of your current knowledge, and knowledge can change with growth; I can't count the times I have been wrong about so many things. Hindsight can often be better than foresight, but when your hindsight was deceived, then foresight is certainly a type of freedom.

I kind of wish you would have explained the Seven Spirits of God a bit more, it certainly intrest me; I am curious about it. If a Spirit has a Consciousness, and God has seven Spirits, I wonder then if he could have upwards of Seven distinct Consciousness? That would be incredible! But as you have stated, we can only speculate on such things.

Gina

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2012, 03:33:02 PM »

[quote author=Gina link=topic=14174.msg125591#msg125591

I can imagine many people will be freaking out and scared out of their minds! Some technology I see now freaks me out some. I often wonder what the Apostles of old will think about current Spiritual knowledge now- would they even agree with it. Time has to be taken in context of your current knowledge, and knowledge can change with growth; I can't count the times I have been wrong about so many things. Hindsight can often be better than foresight, but when your hindsight was deceived, then foresight is certainly a type of freedom.

I kind of wish you would have explained the Seven Spirits of God a bit more, it certainly intrest me; I am curious about it. If a Spirit has a Consciousness, and God has seven Spirits, I wonder then if he could have upwards of Seven distinct Consciousness? That would be incredible! But as you have stated, we can only speculate on such things.
[/quote]

Hi, MIKIEL (not JFK, oopsie):

Rev. 4:5  And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which ARE the seven Spirits of God.

Rev. 1:19 "Write, therefore, what you have seen, what is now and what will take place later. 20 The mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and of the seven golden lampstands is this: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands ARE the seven churches.

I understood it to mean that the seven spirits ARE the seven lampstands (lamps burning with fire) which ARE the seven churches. 

Ray explains it all in his papers.  Look in Ray's article on Hell Part D, I believe is where I saw it.  Or google:

site:bible-truths.com + "seven spirits"  and you'll find everything.

Hope that helps a little.  Now, back to time and eternity.  And let's....

;D  hehe  (I love that.)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 03:36:33 PM by Gina »

mickiel

« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2012, 04:05:02 PM »

Quote from: Gina Hi, MIKIEL (not JFK, oopsie):

Rev. 4:5  And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: [b
and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which ARE the seven Spirits of God[/b].

Rev. 1:19 "Write, therefore, what you have seen, what is now and what will take place later. 20 The mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and of the seven golden lampstands is this: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands ARE the seven churches.

I understood it to mean that the seven spirits ARE the seven lampstands (lamps burning with fire) which ARE the seven churches. 

Ray explains it all in his papers.  Look in Ray's article on Hell Part D, I believe is where I saw it.  Or google:

site:bible-truths.com + "seven spirits"  and you'll find everything.

Hope that helps a little.  Now, back to time and eternity.  And let's....

;D  hehe  (I love that.)

Thanks Gina,

Interesting scriptures, I will resist the temptation to continue on the seven spirits.

I agree with Rays views on time, that it will continue. I kind of like Eph. 5:16" Redeeming your time, because the days are evil." Making the most of our time. I often spend time meditating and hopeing for the day that God gives me his Spirit, often " Begging him for it." It tickled me when I heard Ray say in one of his vedios that theres nothing wrong with begging God for things, I felt better about the times I have begged. The hunger and thrist for righteousness is very real in me, and I am comforted by Jesus teachings that those hungers will be filled one day. In time.

Time will bring about the fulfilling of those who crave Gods righteousness, like myself. If time is the unfolding of Gods will, I look forward to time.

mickiel

« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2012, 04:13:25 PM »

http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm

You might want to study this great article from Ray.  Many of us have found it helpful in understanding scriptural truths.

Thank you, I just read it, very intresting article, I agree with all of it. I have actually believed those things for years, and no man taught me them. Walking alone, you then must learn alone. Not that theres anything wrong with that, you learn directly from the Spirit, with no interference or meddling from men. But that gets lonely after awhile.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 17 queries.