bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Memorial  (Read 5804 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Memorial
« on: May 27, 2012, 03:52:37 PM »

We had about 16 people at the informal memorial for Ray. Which is more than I expected considering the short notice?

But the lasting memorial to Ray is bible-truths.com and the millions of people he touched. Today 500 to 1000 people will visit the site. That’s a lot of people exposed to church contradictions.

This work may still be in its infancy.

Thanks to Manuela, Ray never spent a night in a nursing home. I’m very happy about that.

Gina

Re: Memorial
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 04:17:40 PM »

I am happy about that, too.  Thank you, Manuela. 

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 05:35:32 PM »

Thanks Dennis;

I want to put in a challenge to all who read this site and who are blessed with what has been shared on the website.  The challenge is to give to further this ministry.  You never heard Ray begging for money.  He probably should of asked many times but he [like us] are so turned off by the money grubbing preachers that it was hard for him to ask for support of this ministry.  The first teaching I came across was Ray's tithing paper.  I discovered that the tithe as taught in Christendom is fleecing the flock and I stopped tithing.  I saved a lot of money when I discovered that I was being taught error in my church.  The best thing [imo] we can do to honor him is to contribute to this board.  With funds coming in they can advertise the board and purchase 'keywords' in search engines so when people do a search on 'hell', 'tithing' or any of the hot buttons Bible Truths is towards the top of the list.  Neither Ray nor the officers of this forum will talk about money but as just a member I will do so.  Most of us can spare $10 or so a month....no?  I know that there are some who are in no position to contribute and I'm sure none would expect them to do so.  But for the rest of us if this ministry is a blessing to you have our actions demonstrated that we are blessed here?  I can think of no greater way to honor Ray's memory than to give to support that which he dedicated much of his life to.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 05:42:11 PM by Arion »

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 01:47:01 AM »

Dennis, Thank you for sharing that..You're right about the lasting memorial..yes.. the work Ray did will go on for many years and I do pray that it will continue!!

I think there really are a lot of interesting and exciting days ahead as all the truths we've learned really sink in and take hold..who knows what God will do now!

I am so very thankful too that Manuela was able to take care of him..she is a most amazing lady!

We all need to keep her lifted up in prayer....
Kathy

cjwood

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 02:16:48 AM »

oh dennis, my heart is beating so hard as i write these words.  i am literally shaking.  i have not checked the forum for a couple of days, because of foot surgery and a root canal, back to back.  and then tonight i go online and find out that our dear ray is gone!  oh dear God, i feel so sad.  and so late to this heart-breaking news of our dear friend.  i cannot contain my tears.  i cannot contain my sorrow.  even though i know all the wonder and grace, and merciful love that we have been shown by God through ray, and all that He planned for ray to put into words of understanding.  so that it was available for so many, many, many peoples of this world.  knowing all of this, i still sit here in disbelief that ray is gone from among us.  dennis, i am so sorry for your personal loss.  and i cannot even begin to put into words what manuela means to me.  she and i had been talking about me coming to stay with her and ray for a few days.  she is always so very gracious.  i am so sad for her.  she needs us now so very much. 

i am just so sad for all of us, even though i know that we are a strong family who has lost one of our dear brothers, and life does indeed go on.  and what a dear brother in Christ we lost.  but, we carry a precious gift in our hearts that each of us have and will continue to carry with us, as living examples to those we encounter.  a gift from God the Father to each of us, through His Spirit, in the many Truths which He knew we would understand and believe about His true plan for all of mankind, and the freedom that lies within that plan.  the gift of understanding with new eyes and ears.   a gift that was confirmed in our hearts by His spirit through the words of a humble roofer.  a vessel of honor to carry so many things to us, that we needed to know.  larry ray smith.  l. ray smith.  ray. 

claudia

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 02:48:06 AM »

I got rather lost and was much later than I had planned.  Missed Dennis altogether, but caught Kat and she bore with me for quite a while.  In fact, it was far and away the longest face-to-face talk I'd ever had on truly Spiritual things.  She left me with a lot of good stuff to think about on the way home.  I used to make drives of 400-600 miles + four or five times a month, but back then the thoughts that occupied my mind in those solo drive-times left me miserable.

One thing we talked about was the wealth of information on the site and how (as I've heard so many say and have experienced myself) each new reading brings a deeper understanding.  I really believe a lot of what we might percieve as lingering questions are actually answered here, though the package may not be so neatly tied up with a bow. 

So I was glad to hear of the continued commitment to B-T, though I didn't expect otherwise.  Manuela seemed in decent spirits and was gracious to the end.  I'm very glad they had each other.  I'm glad I got to help represent the forum for her and hope she understands that all the work she saw Ray do didn't just fill up a website, but has touched and changed real people.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 03:25:26 AM »

Glad you were able to make it, Dave. Really wish i had been able to come, but it wasn't supposed to be.. Claudia, i'm feeling that same sense of loss with you sister. I started listening to some of Ray's audios again today (inherit the kingdom, etc) and my heart sank thinking how much i'd miss this man i only had the brief opportunity to meet once. Really hoping we continue to have some conferences still, if at least for the rare chance at fellowship and to study further. So many things you can learn one on one that are difficult over the net. - Shawn
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 03:27:39 AM by Hudson »

acomplishedartis

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 12:42:24 PM »

This work may still be in its infancy.

Dennis
I am glad you think this way
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 24 queries.