bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: teaching  (Read 6640 times)

telsa

teaching
« on: May 27, 2012, 11:47:34 AM »

I think Craig said this in regards to teaching and debating:

"When the time comes when Ray can no longer answer for himself perhaps God will show the way, but maybe not, it is all of Him."

Now that Ray is passed, can we have teaching and debating? Perhaps on it's own sub-board?

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: teaching
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 12:17:01 PM »

Now that Ray is passed, can we have teaching and debating? Perhaps on it's own sub-board?

The very thought of opening up this forum in that manner sounds chaotic to me.  I do not know what God has in store for this forum, but I do know He is not a God of chaos and confusion. (1 Cor.14:33)

There are plenty of places on the internet where one can teach or debate scripture until their heart content.     

René

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 12:26:58 PM »

"When the time comes when Ray can no longer answer for himself perhaps God will show the way, but maybe not, it is all of Him."

Nothing is going to change on this forum or the site except there will be no new articles.

cheekie3

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 01:21:14 PM »

Dennis -

I believe that this is the Right thing to do; as the Pearls and Gems of The Holy Scriptures are Right Here.

These will continue to change Lives, feed the Hungry and edify all those diligently seeking The Truths of our Heavenly Father.

Thanks, Regards, George.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 01:23:27 PM by cheekie3 »

adiamondintheson

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 01:23:27 PM »

Dennis..
Thank you for setting that straight..  this site has been such a blessing for us; it would grieve us if it changed.  We will miss new articles, but God knows we have so much on the site to learn, even if we study every day (which Den and I do).
Our biggest concern is that the site might have to go... (for who knows what reason).  We have copied and pasted an awful lot of Rays material into Open Office and saved them in folders... just in case something should happen it wouldn't be lost to us.  I even tried to save some of his videos and audios.  Even if we're not where we can connect to internet... we can then still bring up the materials and read or listen.  That along with the wonderful SwordSearcher, we feel we have what we need. 
Just so you all know... Rays passing... not only saddened us... but brought us a joy and comfort knowing that when our time comes... we will be given the same strength and courage that he had as long as we keep our hearts open to Him and His will.  A true example of faithfulness!
Have a wonderful day, our dear friends.
Connie

Joel

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 01:43:04 PM »

Those are some comforting words.
Thanks Dennis

Joel

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 01:50:11 PM »

There is more than enough material from Ray on this website to last most of us the rest of our lives.  We not only have the articles Ray has done but we have the audio and video recordings, all the emails that Ray has answered as well as a voluminous forum to peruse.  For any that have a big enough internet 'pipe' you can use a free software program which will mirror the whole website to your computer.  It's located here;  http://www.httrack.com/page/2/     May I say though that in my opinion if any of us are going to download a lot of stuff from here then I hope you would consider doing the right thing and being a donor to this website to help pay for the bandwidth.  And in deed perhaps the best way to honor Ray's ministry and memory here is to contribute on a monthly basis to keep the board running and to expand the outreach for others who have never read anything like what we have here.

Gina

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 01:53:34 PM »

That will rip this group in half.  No!

Ray said:

Don't be discouraged.  You need to study to "show yourself approved [Gk: qualified]" before you take it upon yourself to teach others (especially antagonists).   Too many people want to be teachers before they are even good students.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,10895.msg94139.html#msg94139

For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves (false teachers) enter in among you, not sparing the flock.  Acts 20:29

indianabob

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 02:30:17 PM »

Thank you Dennis and friends,

Some personal thoughts to consider, all subject to correction by the Mods.

The operation of this forum is a benign dictatorship with duly appointed administrators.
Of course no human is perfect, but the evidence is plain to see, this method works best for now even with our natural preferences and various cultural backgrounds.
Actually this is the only way it could survive and continue to be productive and Ray Smith was pleased with the operation. Plus, even though Ray didn't contribute to the forum I'm sure he was not afraid to make his views known to the moderators if he thought it necessary.

God's government operates by delegation and the appointment of human agents that God inspires through his spirit. That will not change until Lord Jesus returns.

When our Lord Jesus returns to earth to set up his holy Kingdom it will be a perfect, benign dictatorship with ONLY qualified people, made perfect, serving God's purposes. The obvious differences between now and then is that Lord Jesus doesn't err in his judgment. He sees our heart and our mind and knows how to motivate one who at that time will have the mind of God and Christ.

So meantime all members may have to continue to learn patience with the appointed moderators and study and meditate and exercise their individual gifts of persuasion and self examination regarding what is permitted. Remembering of course that our Lord Jesus is the overall moderator and can influence the operation of the forum at his loving pleasure.

Please do edit and correct my personal thoughts for the benefit of the forum members.
Sincerely, Indianabob

Samson

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2012, 02:47:55 PM »

Not meaning to be offensive or condescending, but why would you want to debate with anyone, He or She that is convinced against their Will, is of the same opinion still.

Check the Thread started on General Discussions: They Make A Mockery Of The Good News By Patmagoka and if you check the You-Tube debate therein, you will see what I mean.

I spent 15-20 preaching the "Good News," JW style and I thought I  completely had the "Truth" and I NEVER convinced anyone of anything, unless they asked sincere questions and the thing that most other believers would agree on was that God was going to punish the rejectors, the willful practicing Sinners and the ignorant Endlessly(Eternally). That's one thing people of the various Religious Denominations agree on, at least some form of Endless Punishment, but they usually can't stand anyone that believes some form of the concept that God is eventually going to reform everyone.

Of course, there's a difference between explaining something(teaching in that sense) compared to " A Teaching," something that contradicts what's presented here, it could even be another form of christian Universalism and I think I've checked most of them and the Historical writers on this subject, some of which Ray has quoted from time to time.

Kind Regards, Samson.

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 05:39:31 PM »

God will bring people to His truth in His time.  All the debating in the world will not change someones opinion.  Actually it's counter productive as most are not interested in truth but in defending what they already believe.  Just present the truth and let God do the drawing [dragging] as He sees fit.

whyisthatso

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 11:52:17 PM »

The elect already know the truth, as they "know all things" . This is why we come to the truth when we hear it ( and not with physical ears ).  This is not to say that everybody knows every truth there is to know, but only that the Lord "gave gifts to men", and to each one according to His will. The Lord also instructed us to use them, to put them to use and earn more, so that at His coming we can hear Him say, " well done, good and faithful servant.....".  Let us not be like the lazy servant, who hid his Lords money.  Also, the foot and the hand need each other, both are important in the body.

Joel

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2012, 01:36:25 PM »

Debating?

Philippians 2:14-16
Do all things without murmurings and DISPUTINGS: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the mist of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Joel
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 23 queries.