bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Prayer  (Read 4328 times)

buddyjc

Need Prayer
« on: July 20, 2006, 12:37:08 PM »

For those of you who do not know, I work as a janitor in the church I grew up in.  I have recently been notified that the church has changed their policy concerning employees who do not attend church.  It seems if I do not go to church every Sunday morning and every Sunday night, oh, and also support the church with tithes, I cannot be an employee.  This does not hurt me in any way, because I knew it would come to this.  (Rumors)  I do ask that you be praying that God will direct me to another place of employment soon.  I actually will be sorry to leave, because when I do, I will lose the chance to be a witness against them.  I do have a friend there who is the Director of Education.  He has been asking questions lately concerning my beliefs, and this of course gives me the chance to explain.  I feel a connection with this man, and I really can't quite figure out why.  He has a heart for God, and he never ridicules me for my beliefs.  You all pray for him and his wife too, that God will open their eyes to the truth.

Your Brother in Christ,
Brian Wilson

mongoose

Re: Need Prayer
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 12:44:44 PM »

Brian,  My prayers are with you as you search for a new job.  That's always tough.  Hopefully you can remain friends with the Director of Education. 
He has been asking questions lately concerning my beliefs, and this of course gives me the chance to explain.  I feel a connection with this man, and I really can't quite figure out why.  He has a heart for God, and he never ridicules me for my beliefs.

Perhaps God is using you to draw this man to Himself  :).

Love in Christ,

mongoose

Layla

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 12:48:25 PM »

Hi Brian - Christ hold the key and opens and closes the doors in our lives.  Trust him that He is closing this door and opening another door to a higher path.  My prayers are with you that you will be given the patience to wait for the new door to be opened and the courage to enter in.

I actually will be sorry to leave, because when I do, I will lose the chance to be a witness against them.

In humility I offer: our witness is not against any one but rather is a witness of Jesus Christ for the glory of our Heavenly Father.

Peace,
Layla
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 12:49:29 PM by Layla »

SandyFla

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 03:17:35 PM »

You are in my prayers, Brian.

About 10 years ago, I lost my job due to downsizing, but God took care of me. I had another job lined up before the last day on my old one.

He has promised to take care of us and supply all our needs. You will be needing a job ... His promises are true.

God bless,
Sandy

Harryfeat

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 04:55:23 PM »

Hello Brian,

I find that what they are doing is despicable and underhanded.  Although it seems politically correct for their congregagion

I am not a lawyer and am just bouncing ideas that might have some merit.  Since you are already employed under a different set of policies, it would seem that your position should be safe under the law.  I don't think that they can make their policies retroactive without violating some sort of law. Especially since they will now require you to donate to the church.  It is not a donation if it is required and you may have a case with the IRS.  A church is considered exempt from donations but may be considered revenue if it is not given to them freely.  I know that lawyers are expensive and you may not know of any who would take on this church.  However.  in the realm of Ceasar I think you should look into whether or not you have significant grounds to both keep your job and not be required to tithe to boot. Churches are very afraid of the IRS, just ask a catholic about bingo revenue . 

Under things that I not Ceasar's, i agree with prior posters.  Seek to forgive them and pray for them.  If you have not been openly vocal about your current views, please consider that your friend may be the source of the church's actions for the new policies.  He may think it is in your best interests, as a friend, to save you from these new "radical" views you have.

Hoping for the best of God's will for you,
feat

buddyjc

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 09:18:47 PM »

Thank you all for the replies. 

Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 17 queries.