bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I stood on the sand of the sea  (Read 8133 times)

Layla

I stood on the sand of the sea
« on: July 20, 2006, 09:22:44 PM »

Revelation 13
1And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

What do the 7 heads, 10 horns annd 10 crowns symbolize?  And what does the leopard, bear and lion represent?

Peace,
Layla

joyful1

Re: I stood on the sand of the sea
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 11:20:07 AM »

Layla-
In sections 13 and 14 in The Lake of Fire Series, Ray explains the beast.  He does not explain specifically what the heads, horns and crowns are, although you might draw a conclusion from the material found in those two sections.  I'd like to know the answer as well!
joyful1

Layla

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 08:06:46 PM »

Hi Joyful

Thanks for the info.  I have read Ray's LOF series, but I thought he never touched on these symbols which I believe have alot to do with understanding the beast.

Peace,
Layla

Layla

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 05:05:07 PM »

Hi Mongoose

Yes I had considered that Ray might go into further detail in future writings.  I'm currently studying these things out for myself and thought I would just throw the question out there to any who also are studying this thinking someone might have some thoughts for consideration.  I do trust if we seek we shall find, so you are right it is just a matter of waiting on the Lord.

Thanks
Layla 

jerry

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 07:50:56 PM »

Hey Layla I had an aunt that use to think it was a beast just like the decription in revelations a mixed beast with seven heads and 10 horns coming out of the sea,imagine that,I have my opinions but thats all,but if we have Gods spirit at the time of these things fortold we will know ugh" I thinks anyways unless God has some reason to keep us in the dark,Ive been thinking here lately that only Jesus knows the answer because He is the lamb that opens the seals the (only one)worthy and the seven eyes are the spirit of the chruches,so I wonder is he saying that he will reveal it to us at the proper time by His spirit?And do we have to know? I dont know,but hopefully we will know if it is Gods will for us.I hope God blesses you with the answers you seek...............................Jerry

Layla

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 06:43:31 PM »

Hi Jerry

Yes I agree.  He reveals truth as we are able to receive it.  The book of Revelation of Jesus Christ means the unveiling of Jesus Christ.  Where is Christ unveiled (revealed) except in you, in me,  in us.  Christ reveals the word of God just as he opens the seals, one seal at a time :-).

I was thinking about this beast with 7 heads.  Seven means spiritually complete.  We are spiritually complete when we submit to Jesus Christ as our head.  We join the body of Christ allowing all aspects of our lives to be ruled by Jesus Christ.  This beast has 7 heads that rule it.  Just as the Israelites had to conquer and overcome 7 nations in the land of Canaan before they could possess their inheritance.  Perhaps, we too must conquer these 7 kings (head) that rule the beast before being able to come into the fullness of Christ.

Just thinking aloud.
Peace,
Layla

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 08:37:51 PM »

The 10 horns are described in Daniel as 10 kings...are these the idols of our hearts?

(Dan 7:24)  And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue    three  kings.
Walk in the Spirit

Layla

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 10:26:48 PM »

Hi sansmile

What you brought forth from Daniel makes me think this first beast (rising out of the sea - as Ray points out the lowest of the human realms) should be viewed as a corporate beast, i.e. the world sytem, and the second beast (rising out of the earth) should be viewed as individual.

Peace,
Layla

jerry

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 10:04:14 PM »

Hi Layla! Revelations is a very interesting book with lot of symbels,it may be that the symbles are for clarity rather than makeing things harder to understand,Im not sure about interpretations I try to read it and study and keep an open mind these days because I know that Jesus said that He will lead us into all truth He just did'nt say when,when we develope preconcieved ideas about things it makes it harder to see the truth even though its obvious,theres a lot of things I use to think I was right on but then God showed me how foolish I was later after I had stuck my foot in my mouth,I am a man of a few opions about revelations,but Ill bet God has some suprises for us all out of it.........Jerry

Layla

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 12:04:54 AM »

Hi Jerry

Yes I used to think the Book of Revelations was about the future.  Now, after studying with Ray and a few other enlightened men, I have come to understanding that it is the Book about the unveiling of Jesus Christ in me, in you, in us all!

Peace,
Layla

jerry

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 01:27:45 AM »

I beleave that revelations is a book for us now in each generation to teach righteousness,Im just not sure if none of it is about furture events,I cant read the last chapter of revelations without thinking its speeking of a future event, is it the only chapter that is a future event and the others arnt? Im keeping an open mind as far as that mysterious book is concerned..........Jerry

Layla

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2006, 12:55:00 PM »

Hi Jerry

I did not mean to imply that because I now see the importance of the Book of Revelation to me individually that the Book is not about future events. Clearly it is.  Jesus tells John to write the things that are to happen "hereafter."  I do not believe, however, that these events are a one time unfolding at the end of the age.  I believe these events are from the time of John to the end of the age.

;) Just wanted to clarify!

Peace,
Layla

joyful1

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2006, 11:07:32 PM »

Layla-
The thought occurred to me the other night that maybe...just maybe....the Revelation of Jesus Christ occurs in the physical realm (future literal events) to the unbelievers because, how else would they "see" Him....and in addition it also occurs in the lives of believers in a spiritual way....He is unveiled none the less....to all so that all can be saved? 

Layla

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2006, 09:34:30 AM »

Hi Joyful

Layla-
The thought occurred to me the other night that maybe...just maybe....the Revelation of Jesus Christ occurs in the physical realm (future literal events) to the unbelievers because, how else would they "see" Him....and in addition it also occurs in the lives of believers in a spiritual way....He is unveiled none the less....to all so that all can be saved? 

This is an interesting thought.  I was thinking about what Paul said.

Rom 1:18-20
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed [it] unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Peace,
Layla

joyful1

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 09:35:04 AM »

Good verse, Layla!  I see what you are saying!

I'm just wondering how you feel about this:

Thomas seemed to need the physical manifestation so that he would "doubt" no longer...
and Jesus ( I believe, trying to help Thomas along) asked him to put his hands in His wounds to be able to believe.... those who would believe without "seeing" the physical manifestation are clearly commended and called "more blessed" by Jesus...still....

I am thinking that, perhaps, these potential literal end-time events, could indeed be in place to help those whom God is calling?  What do you think?
joyful1
???

gmik

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2006, 09:08:26 PM »

Where is the "sticky" that was posted on the old board for the LOF series?  If someone knows or a mod can "sticky " it again then we can find things a lot easier.

jerry

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2006, 03:00:44 AM »

I think they have a literal meaning for the flesh and a spiritual meaning and they both are important to mankind..........Jerry
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.