bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: absolute relentless constant neverending trials  (Read 12507 times)

Ian 155

absolute relentless constant neverending trials
« on: June 04, 2012, 05:11:14 AM »

Rom 11:32  For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

But the scripture hath CONCLUDED all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. (Gal_3:22)

Just to reiterate all means all, are we forgiven of all thru the shed blood?Or are we all sinners until his mercy comes on us, or is this an event that has taken place for all who await his mercy.

Does the mercy come thru enlightenment of his word or do we have it already ...by faith

2 If I am forgiven of all sin - why then are these trials neverending - I am not under judgement because Jesus paid [which has been illumunated to me] therefore i am not guilty - condemned - then why the absolute relentless constant neverending trials in every arena particularly work and finance - Am I to conclude that this is "my" particular thorn and to endure this with smileys or am I to use his promises IE i am blessed in the field ,barns,city,country,dwellin,children ...Duet 28.

I know we have an enemy being the devil who at all cost would prove Gods word wrong at all times. I sometimes think that this is ones calling to get out of "Jail" one keeps quoting the Promises of God in adverse situations,however I am come to a point where deep down I start to doubt that these promises are actually for me which then leads me into repenting all over again for past sin that I know I have dealt with but "just in case that is a hindrance perhaps go back and deal with it again " and so the circle continues

"Fear not I have overcome this world" and "my grace is sufficient for you" takes on a whole new walk of faith and meaning - where is the good news ??

I have seen great miracles in the healing arena of my life and my families lives, but this is now gettin rediculous,

Any one else that can identify with this phenomena or am I in the right place ? Then this walk seems to have stepped up a gear... or 3

Ian

Delandus

Re: absolute relentless constant neverending trials
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 07:23:04 AM »

I may not have the answers to all your problems,however i want to let you know i will be praying For you,because i have been there.God brought me through and he will do the same For you.

Delandus

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 07:45:44 AM »

There's not a single thing a follower of Jesus can do to avoid test,trials,tribulations, and persecutions.There are many preachers out there that have distorted the gospel by implicating if you are facing these unfortunate situations,then you must be under a curse or maybe you are not paying your tithes or maybe you are living in sin.These trials are part of youe walk with Jesus and not always the result of you doing something wrong. In your weakest hour ,his strength is made perfect.I pray that God blesses you with joy and abundance in every area in your life.Through much tribulation we inherit the kingdom.God is love.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 10:57:18 AM »

When we are dragged to Christ and we learn the Truth, then as Paul states it in our "inner being I delight in God's law" (Rom 7:22).  But there is still a mighty struggle going on in our carnal "members."

Rom 6:20  For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.

Rom 7:23  but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members.
v. 24  O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?

This struggle that we have with the carnal flesh will continue all the days of our life while we are still in the flesh. We must be deliverered/rescued from this "body of death."

Rom 7:25  Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.

What I believe Paul is explaining here, that 'before' we received grace through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, we "were servants to sin." With the Holy spirit indwelling we still "fight the good fight" (1Tim 6:12), but we are overcomers and sin will not reign in us any longer.

Rom 6:8  Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him,
v. 9  knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him.
v. 10  For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.
v. 11  Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
v. 12  Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts.
v. 13  And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God
v. 14  For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

Rom 6:22  But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

Here is an email that speaks on this also.

http://bible-truths.com/email11.htm --------------------

In one of your emails you said that God expects us sin, which means he's not disappointed or angry with us?

The question here is: Everytime I sin, I ask forgiveness and repent. I feel that it's not working (repenting, asking forgiveness, etc). Am I doing something wrong?

[Ray Replies]

Dear Jeff:

Unfortunately, there is not a magic bullet that will instantly clean us of all sin and bad habits. Even the physical analogies of this spiritual washing, purging, and cleaning of our carnality, indicate that time is required. It takes time to wash clothing, it takes time to purify gold and silver in a furnace, etc.

The penalty of sin issue can be settled in your heart and mind the instant you come to realize that Jesus PAID IN FULL the penalty for your sins and all the sin of the world. However, paying the penalty for sin does not instantly PURGE AND WASH US CLEAN OF SIN. The penalty is paid, but the condition lingers.

The more you SEE your sins and shortcomings, the more you will DESIRE to rid yourself of these things. We are crucified WITH CHRIST, yet we live, but the life we live is one of OVERCOMING THE SINS FOR WHICH WE AND CHRIST DIED FOR.

We have been HAND-PICKED by God to be in His kingdom. Now we must go through the training course that He has set before us.  Jesus said that He overcame THE WORLD. We too are to overcome THE WORLD. It's a HUGE task, that requires the power of SPIRIT to accomplish. 

Don't become discouraged in well-doing. You will triumph in Christ if you have His spirit working in you. God will even give you the DESIRE to want to do right and be right.

This life is a life of SPIRITUAL WARFARE. There will be many battles before the final victory. So we must endure and we must overcome. For those whom God has chosen, this will be accomplished!

God be with you,

Ray

yello62

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 04:19:08 PM »

my two centavos...

i would have to agree with the comment that the truth of our life in Christ has been distorted by those that indicate that having trials is an indication of disfavor.  from the moment we are placed in the body of Christ, we are enterred into the intimacy with The Father that is eternal life.  from that moment forward and as long as we are in the flesh, we are in struggle against the forces of evil that are in the universe.  we have confidence He will not test us beyond that which we are able to endure, but that limit is His to determine.  we also should take some measure of joy from the tribulations as our Christ had tribulations, and if we are His we should expect trouble similar to what He experienced.

trials and troubles are how our love grows, they are  how our faith grows, they are how our knowledge of The Father grows.  whether you see that as good or not is between you and The Father.

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 11:30:36 PM »

If we think we are going to be overcomers without some trials, tribulations, and suffering, then we need to think again!.
Hebrews 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he SUFFERED;

1st Peter 6-11 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. Be sober, be vigilant: because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. But the God of all grace, who has called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Joel

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 12:20:37 AM »

Luke 12:48 "But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more."

Ecclesiastes 1:17-18 "And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit. For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow."

Don't worry though, you are not alone for we are the body of Christ.

As He is in the world, so are we.

Matthew 28:20 "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I [JESUS] am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

God bless,

ALex
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 12:22:56 AM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Ian 155

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 07:42:53 AM »

Ok  Gulp - seems I was having a "throw my toys out the cot moment" - we are to endure trials and think it not strange - I know its not strange - I should be praising instead of groaning

thanks for all the scripture

IAN

Duane

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 04:33:45 AM »

Ian--back in my younger adult years, I was OVERWHELMED to the HILT with financial, career, marital, housing--you name it--problems.  A "Special Speaker" came through our church nd asked me to WRITE him and he would help me "sort things out".
I took several hours, organized my thoughts nicely, outlined my letter for clarity and wrote 11 PAGES of problems!
He NEVER ANSWERED!
I got his phone number and called him during my work lunch hour and HE BLEW ME OFF! (but everyone in the bar that I had to calll from heard my frustrated plead of GOD and HIM and were LAUGHING THEIR FOOL HEADS OFF AT ME!
I wish I had pulled up a bar stool --ordered a tall Budweiser--and shared my problems with the PATRONS, for all the "spiritual advice" that I got from our "MAN OF GOD"!!
What I can tell you is what I learned from Ray:  "ALL IS OF GOD" and it ISN'T TRUE that GOD WON'T give you "more than you can bare."  God GIVES you MORE THAN YOU CAN BARE so you hve to entirely RELY ON HIM FOR THE ANSWERS!
"This, too, shall pass!" 
Now, I am writing to ENCOURAGE YOU from being through 11 pages of B.S.!
I will be praying for you--isn't just a hollow expression!
In Christ,
Duane

Ian 155

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 04:16:07 PM »

Thank Duane

Ian

Delandus

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 10:39:28 PM »

11pages of B.S??  Wow

yello62

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 08:48:29 PM »

i know that i have already responded to this but i felt compelled to say something else.  i have been going through something myself for some time.  i know and yet i don't know what it is.  what i mean to say is that after 25 plus years of trying to follow the promptings of the spirit, i'm pretty certain this is from The Father.  not only does my experience tell me this is from The Father, but my belief that He is the source of all things tells me this is from Him as well.   that is the what i know part, what i don't know is where this is heading.  i do know that i have had some pretty severe trials for a long time and that i have gotten breaks in between for recovery.  i also have the sense that this will last for some time more.   

i am not certain what i am saying other than to say that apparent unending and sore trial has been a constant part of my life.  all of my difficulties have informed me in one way or another.  always they have left me with a greater sense of The Father, which, as i see it, is the end game of life.   the utopian vision of being in Christ is nothing that ever came from The Father, as far as i can see.  we are in the world, but not of the world. we are in the flesh, but are to mortify the deeds of the flesh.  we are chastised for our edification and the edification of the body as a whole.  we are not our own, we were bought at a price and the payor of that price has the sole right to our experience.  we may not like that but, as the clay do we say to our maker, "why are you making me thusly."

the truth

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 12:49:47 AM »

Abednego......Beautiful!....God will bring what He wants into my life. I can't stop Him and I certainly can't avoid it. Once I start to trust Him the way I only wish I could, I'll be sleeping between the guards as well.

Ian 155

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 06:04:50 AM »

Not to mention the fate of the guards just doing their duty and then ... off with your heads - now thats special,so their place is reserved and the Father accomplished his will for Peter ... be carefull what we call unfair ...

2Co 6:9  To some people we are not known, but we are well known. We seem to be dying, but look! We continue to live. We are punished, but we are not killed.
2Co 6:10  We have much sadness, but we are always rejoicing. We are poor, but we are making many people rich in faith. We have nothing, but really we have everything.

Gina

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 12:59:55 PM »

2Co 6:10  We have much sadness, but we are always rejoicing. We are poor, but we are making many people rich in faith. We have nothing, but really we have everything.

That's beautiful.

cheekie3

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 11:29:09 AM »

All -

My entire family have been and still are in a very bad place for over ten years.

We are at our wits end; and can no longer cope - and we are doubting the Truths of God.

It has been a constant non stop living nightmare; and we are wondering why we were ever born and we just wish to die.

We do not appear to have any peace, joy or love from Our Father - and He appears not to answer our prayers nor end this nightmare, in spite of us asking for greater wisdom.

We feel as if we are the worst failures ever.

We are experiencing all the evil and none of the good.

It appears that we are on our own; and no one really cares about us - and we wonder how much longer Our Father will continue with our suffering.

We have told Our Father we totally give up, on many occasions.

We feel deserted and alone and without any hope of any improvement.

I feel absolutely useless and worthless.

I keep thinking of Job; and wonder how long he suffered - and I do not recollect reading that anyone actually prayed for Job.

George.

Gina

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 12:34:55 PM »

What's going on exactly, George?  I remember you were experiencing some money troubles and your son was having a hard time growing up.  Good thing you have an internet connection --  Do you feel comfortable sharing what other things are going on in your life openly on the forum?  Or is it too personal?

G. Driggs

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 02:05:19 PM »

George,

Believe it or not you have described the exact same situation me and my family are in. Every word you said is true about me.  Its a miracle i still have hope at all. Just know God has the best intentions and something much better in store than what we can see at the moment. Its only for a little while is what i keep telling myself.

Its so hard to do anything good without Jesus, and it seems most of the time He does not help me despite my cries and pleas. There is nothing to do except wait, keep trying and praying. Lately ive been praying for death more than anything else, it just seems like too much sometimes.

Dont get me wrong, but it's good to know im not the only one going through such an evil experience. Here a couple Scriptures ive been meditating on a lot, i hope they help and give hope like they've done for me.

1Pe 5:6  Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
1Pe 5:7  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
1Pe 5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
1Pe 5:9  Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
1Pe 5:10  But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

Ecc 1:13 I applied my heart to inquiring and exploring by wisdom concerning all that is done under the heavens:it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

Its not for nothing, as horrible and hard it may seem sometimes. Some things just have to be endured and experienced, and if God is willing we will overcome, albeit through much trials and tribulation.

There is a lot of good God gives us, its just hard to see sometimes. Clothes and food and a home are good things. This forum is a good thing. Knowing what we go through now is what will qualify us for the Kingdom of Heaven is a good thing right? Even if i dont make it, the lake of fire is a good thing, as it will cleanse me and free me from sin, evil, death and this world. No doubt it is better to be judged now rather than later, but neither is up to me.

Ray wasnt kidding when he said getting saved is the hardest thing we'll ever do, and today you are closer than you ever have been to being rescued. Hang in there and lets pray for one another, Jesus is praying for us too. 

Ian 155

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 11:24:14 AM »

All -

My entire family have been and still are in a very bad place for over ten years.

We are at our wits end; and can no longer cope - and we are doubting the Truths of God.

It has been a constant non stop living nightmare; and we are wondering why we were ever born and we just wish to die.

We do not appear to have any peace, joy or love from Our Father - and He appears not to answer our prayers nor end this nightmare, in spite of us asking for greater wisdom.

We feel as if we are the worst failures ever.

We are experiencing all the evil and none of the good.

It appears that we are on our own; and no one really cares about us - and we wonder how much longer Our Father will continue with our suffering.

We have told Our Father we totally give up, on many occasions.

We feel deserted and alone and without any hope of any improvement.

I feel absolutely useless and worthless.

I keep thinking of Job; and wonder how long he suffered - and I do not recollect reading that anyone actually prayed for Job.

George.

Hey George,I wish I could just come and take you out and show you what I have been thru and am going thru [BTW this really started getting hot whn I found this forum]

I will tell you one thing I learned and this is not something you can prepare for this comes like a thief and that is the understanding that God Is all in All - when you are burning and start doubting he is in that, it seems a necessity - when you are groveling and have sold all your household items he is there when you ask Lord how should I feed the kids tonight and he shows you a 42' tv you think na they need a little pleasure - then you end up selling it , wow I cant tell you this in words but what Job found out is that God is all in all he put his hand over his mouth and said I have no words you are right where you need to be your dawn id here it is the 3rd watch shortly you will be humbled and be able to say

42:2  "I know you can do everything. You make plans, and nothing can change or stop them.
Job 42:3  You asked, 'Who is this ignorant person saying these foolish things?' I talked about things I did not understand. I talked about things too amazing for me to know. 

Yes sir God Is with you, he will not leave you even though to our mind he left long ago - think about what you have ie health -kids ,family,supplies etc you will find something to hold onto and give thanks - To me I am in the process of dying and no one can help not even the greatest theologian or paster this is personal so pray at all time it will not be long and you will come out complete in him - take your eyes off the small things they are distractions, you will see you are dying to lust of the flesh, dying to lust of the eyes, and most important you are dying to fear of man - What are they saying ,I'm surrounded ,wonder what they think ?

I truly will pray for you

2Co 6:9  To some people we are not known, but we are well known. We seem to be dying, but look! We continue to live. We are punished, but we are not killed.

Ian

cjwood

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 07:15:46 PM »

ian, your words back to george and the other george were so comforting to me, and no doubt many others who will read them.  the Scriptures you showed us from job and 2 corinthians were like a healing ointment to me today.  thank you. 

claudia
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 24 queries.