bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Email to Ray - Hunting?  (Read 11656 times)

doug

Re: Email to Ray - Hunting?
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2012, 05:34:36 PM »

Dave hey!  -  I can see what you are saying when you recommend taking part in the killing and cleaning process when they are youngsters.   I believe that experience would reduce the amount of meat eaters drastically!  If a person had to at least once kill and clean their own animal it would give them a whole lot more appreciation of the hamburger they are biting into.  My first deer, and even my first wild turkey was quite and experience for me.  I couldn't stop from gagging as I was "gutting" it.  Not a smell that one is used to every day!  Kind of makes you loose your appetite for awhile.  Presently you can see why there is such an uproar with the "pink slime" issue.  People are finding out what they have been eating!

Hudson buddy!  It wouldn't cost you anything to hunt on my "hundred acre wood".  The coyotes have begun to move in but I believe pooh bear has hid a few wild turkeys!  And I don't know what you do at your work, but if you come across any old DC9s from the 60's, stay clear of them because I put the wings on alot of those babies during the couple years that I worked for Douglas Aircraft in Long Beach, CA. I don't know if I did such a good job at assembling and you wouldn't want to trust my rivet job! (just kiddin' bro!).  And another thing... please don't ask me to come down to go zip lining across or swim in any of your murky GA rivers.  Too many nasties lurking in there! I value my limbs!   But if you want to meet me on top of Springer or Blood Mtn... I'll be there!

JFK and George  -  I believe you guys have the best attitude about being "beefeaters"!  With menu in hand at a nice air conditioned restaurant... the OutBack would do... I'll eat a nice rare slab of T-bone anyday!  And yeah, the red wine would top it off great!  But wait, with steak, I think I would prefer an iced mug of their best tap!

Gina -  Now see.... there you go again with being nit-picky!  Shoeshi susi suski susi shusi sushi, whatever!  The raw little fishies rolled up into wraps.  Grammatical errors... tsk, tsk!   ;D  "I'm not erudite.  you most certainly got the gist of my message... didn't you!  now didn't you!  Of course you did."  (Ray paraphrased) LOL  Ray and I would have hit it off great!  Remember that great one liner by Tom Selleck from Quigley Down Under... "I said I had no use for it... that doesn't mean I didn't know how to use it."  Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot that you are not a guy... that's a guy's flick... not a chick flick!  :'(
Now... although Laguna Beach probably does offer some real nice fishing... I suppose I could "force" myself to eat those dainty raw thingies.... as long as there weren't any of those diced up tuff ole octopus tentacles!  I am so happy that you declined (did I hint at a suggestion?  8) )the supposed prophesy!  That would be an awfully expensive first date destination for a po boy like me!  Now that you told me that you deemed it not to come true... I'm not a false prophet now... am I?  :( 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 01:40:59 AM by doug »

Gina

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2012, 06:13:55 PM »

Dear Doug,   ;D

Try not to assume so much.

"Prophetic" isn't necessarily something that is a prediction of future events or deemed to come true:

Prophecy is a process in which one or more messages that have been communicated to a prophet are then communicated to others. Such messages typically involve divine inspiration, interpretation, or revelation of conditioned events to come (cf. divine knowledge) as well as testimonies or repeated revelations that the world is divine.[citation needed] The process of prophecy especially involves reciprocal communication of the prophet with the (divine) source of the messages.

Various concepts of prophecy are found throughout all of the world's religions and cults. To a certain degree prophecy can be an integral concept within any religion or cult. The term has found deep usage in two of the world's largest religious groups, Christianity and Islam, along with many others.

Source:  Wikipedia 

And I don't eat sushi.   ;D  You assumed that.  But that's okay!  I'm glad you're here.  I don't mind educating you.   ;)

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2012, 07:25:56 PM »

Hi all,

Gone fishing, maybe in the weekend.

We enjoy fishing, and kill the fish as quickly and painless as possible. We first cut the throat and break the neck immediately after. This is what I've learned from fishermen. If it's big fish a blow to the head with a big wooden club will make it pass out. It may be brutal, but that's why we should be careful to not make it worse than it is. I was fishing from a quay once and next to me was a tourist. He didn't bring a knife so he just let the fish die by suffocation. Not a very good way. I offered him to borrow my knife, but he didn't know how to use it. He tried to stab the fish to death and missed most of the time. I showed him how it's supposed to be done, and he got it. There are many who don't care about animal suffering, which is terrible. That's why I'm glad that we have an agency which monitors hunting and fishing, and report serious offenses to the police.

Never hunted or fired a gun (except water gun).

God bless you,

Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2012, 08:14:45 PM »

I got back from Oregon last week. I caught this one.  7 1/2 feet long and over 200lbs. And that's no fish story.

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2012, 08:19:40 PM »

Dinner at your house tomorrow.  That is a lot of filet's.

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2012, 08:41:34 PM »

Hudson buddy!  It wouldn't cost you anything to hunt on my "hundred acre wood".  The coyotes have begun to move in but I believe pooh bear has hid a few wild turkeys!  And I don't know what you do at your work, but if you come across any old DC9s from the 60's, stay clear of them because I put the wings on alot of those babies during the couple years that I worked for Douglas Aircraft in Long Beach, CA. I don't know if I did such a good job at assembling and you wouldn't want to trust my rivet job! (just kiddin' bro!).  And another thing... please don't ask me to come down to go zip lining across or swim in any of your murky GA rivers.  Too many nasties lurking in there! I value my limbs!   But if you want to meet me on top of Springer or Blood Mtn... I'll be there!

Hunting some coyotes sounds fun.. They ate our goats (our 'lawnmowers'), so some payback would be nice!

Speaking of the DC9, I haven't flown on one(yet). Currently at AirTran we use Boeing 737's and 717's, but as we migrate everything into Southwest's system we'll be getting rid of the 717's (Southwest wants an all 737 fleet). Ironically, we'll be selling the 717's to our biggest rival, Delta.

Gina

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2012, 12:31:39 AM »

That is huge!  That's two of me.  I bet that was a major thrill.  Great picture, BTW.  Wow, 200 lbs. wiggling around like that.  That must have taken a tremendous amount of strength to reel that sucker in!  Good on you!

servias

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2012, 08:49:42 PM »

I got back from Oregon last week. I caught this one.  7 1/2 feet long and over 200lbs. And that's no fish story.

Craig, were you on the Columbia River?  Sturgeon sure have weird looking mouths. :D

doug

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2012, 09:27:39 PM »

Craig -  Hmmmm..... as a wildlife guy I can smell something veeerly fishie about your "story"!

Let's see..... according to the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife:

The heaviest warm water fish was a striped bass at 68 lbs. from The Umpqua River in 1973.
The heaviest cold water fish was a chinook salmon at 83lbs. from the same river in 1910.

And it is unlawful to remove an oversize sturgeon (54 inches) from the water.  So if that is a 71/2 foot, 200 pound sturgeon.... well, you had better have all the evidence disposed of by now!!  (unless of course it was a catch and release.  ::)  )

"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you, but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish".  Mark Twain

doug

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2012, 11:26:47 PM »

Willamette River, oversize sturgeon and it is catch and release.  Size is estimated by length and girth of the fish. Why was that
 fishie? Nobody said I kept it or ate it. ???

Craig

doug

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2012, 11:31:36 PM »

Willamette River, oversize sturgeon and it is catch and release.  Size is estimated by length and girth of the fish. Why was that
 fishie? Nobody said I kept it or ate it. ???

Craig

Thanks Craig.... you took all of the mystery and speculation out of it. 

I would have liked to have been with you when you caught that monster fish!

doug

servias

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2012, 12:30:06 AM »

I don't think I'd want to eat a sturgeon anyhow!  lol
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.