bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Posting Issue  (Read 10720 times)

mharrell08

Posting Issue
« on: June 28, 2009, 02:34:36 PM »

It has come to the moderator's attention, that Internet Explorer version 8 has an issue with creating/replying in threads.

The problem normally occurs one attempts to scroll down while highlighting text...the page begin to 'jump' and will not allow one to scroll down while highlighting. I don't know if this issue is only with users who still use Windows XP (which I do and have recreated the problem) or if Windows Vista users have the same problem as well.

Microsoft is pushing this new version of Internet Explorer 8 (aka IE8) to desktops as part of its 'Automatic Updates'...the new version is said to be more secure, but with Microsoft, you have to take that with a grain of salt. But for anyone who wishes to remain as up-to-date as possible (which I do recommend as an IT professional) here are a few alternatives:

Mozilla Firefox: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/ (I use this one at home & work...very fast and works well on 99.9% of websites)

Google Chrome: http://www.google.com/chrome (I also use this one at home & work...very, very fast and works on 90-95% of websites)

You can also do a search for 'web browser' on the internet, but 3 is plenty and these 3 are considered pretty much the best, as far as on Microsoft PCs.

Hope this helps,

Marques

Beloved

Re: Posting Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 02:53:45 PM »

I will have to write my comments in Word and paste, formatting them (bold cole etc) may be too difficult once I paste.
I also find the new explorer locks up all the time it will not let me close so I hit the close button minimize it and then open a new explorer and it then disappears. I am also getting a lot of send error reports…I wish I could send Microsoft  a message  :P :P :P

I have a huge reference library in favorites, multiple folders and sub folder and sub sub folders. Can you export these to Firefox or Google Chrome in their entirety?

I HATE THESE UPDATES THINGS THEY ALWAYS SEEM TO SCREW THINGS UP.

Beloved

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 03:04:04 PM »

I have a huge reference library in favorites, multiple folders and sub folder and sub sub folders. Can you export these to Firefox or Google Chrome in their entirety?

Yes, both allow you to export settings...Firefox is much better as their menu settings are almost identical to Windows Internet Explorer.

Marques

Beloved

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 03:20:42 PM »

I just emailed microsoft after dealing with their automated answers, I finally asked it if it was human and it said it was an automated system...but I was finally able to email them and left a message that their their product sucks

I am a little leary of installing these things, Do I delete Explorer or just remove it from my desktop which still leaves the program on the C drive. If I use office for mail which browser will it open up when I click thing in my email?

beloved 

Robin

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 05:27:50 PM »

Here is a link that tells you how to go back to IE7.

http://forums.techarena.in/technology-internet/1165986.htm

Here is a link to show how to make Firefox your default browser.

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/How+To+Make+Firefox+The+Default+Browser

lferretj

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 07:15:57 PM »

I'm on Windows Vista and am not having any problems with Internet Explorer version 8, some other programs however Vista is a nightmare.
 lferretj

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 07:54:52 PM »

Google chrome puts a lot of adware and cookies into your system and I don't trust them.  I have had very good fortune with Opera and the email program is combined into the main software package.  It's highly customizable and on an older notebook Opera runs great and quick whereas it was running rather pokey with firefox.  At least for me firefox seemed to be more resource intensive.

mharrell08

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 08:26:14 PM »

FYI from Craig:

In IE8  open the forum, go to the browser and under tools go to compatibilty view settings.  Add the forum to it and it should fix the problem.

Craig

I did the above and it fixed the problem...thanks again Craig.  :)

Marques

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 02:25:49 PM »

You fellows are good.
You should be able to charge for this valuable service.
Thanks for all that you do.
Bob

Duane

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 02:54:00 AM »

Thanks for the Info.  Betty and I were having a lot of problems with "jumping around" ans S-L-O-W speeds.
Also when there is alot of internet actoion our computers FREEZE when a message is "incoming"!  It took us awhile to figger it out! 
In Christ, Duane
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.