bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: “I” – “I, Lord” – “Lord, I” – “Lord”  (Read 3415 times)

lauriellen

“I” – “I, Lord” – “Lord, I” – “Lord”
« on: June 07, 2012, 01:47:13 PM »

i thought this was worth sharing:

“I” – “I, Lord” – “Lord, I” – “Lord”
In these little words the whole spectrum of mankind lies hidden.

“I.” Here man is on the throne. He thinks he must have everything in his life under control, and that he has it so. O.K., sometimes things are hard, but …

“I, Lord.” Here man is religious, and finds it comfortable to have a Lord standing by Who can help him in difficult times. However, man is on the journey of life and keeps the reins firmly in his hands. The Lord is advisor.

“Lord, I.” Here is the average believer. He recognizes that the Lord is there and he does want to give Him the honor for all kinds of things; BUT, the Lord is expected to listen to the advice that I gives Him. If He does not listen, I starts arranging things himself; I takes the power back in his own hands. The Lord may be on the journey with him, but man rules and takes the reins if things are not to his liking.

“Lord!” Here, man has totally surrendered to God and to Christ. He lives his life with the daily problems and reacts to that which crosses his path, but he recognizes that God is in control and rules, and that both good and evil come from Him. Man does not panic and does not start manipulating when things seem to go “wrong.”

Wim Janse

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: “I” – “I, Lord” – “Lord, I” – “Lord”
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 02:12:41 AM »

Hi Lauriellen,

Very interesting thought problem.
It was a little hard for me to see the point at first.
Then I thought some more and the idea is coming through. It is how we transition from it's all about me to it is ALL of God.

Thanks for sharing, Indiana bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.