bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Our Heavenly Father's Name & will we ever see Him  (Read 13314 times)

cheekie3

Our Heavenly Father's Name & will we ever see Him
« on: June 14, 2012, 02:09:55 PM »

Hi everyone -

I know we are all waiting to see if Ray's Papers on the Enigma of God Reveals the Father's Name; and I have been thinking about this for a while now - and I believe the Father's Name is Jesus, as Jesus declared His Name to us and Jesus is the only Name that Jesus Revealed.

I do not believe we will ever see our Heavenly Father as He Birthed Jesus for the very purpose to Reveal Himself to us through His Son.

I believe we will all eventually see Jesus as He is.

I am content to wait for any news from Ray's Papers, but wanted to share my current thoughts.

Regards, George.

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Our Heavenly Father's Name & will we ever see Him
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 02:45:30 PM »

Hi Cheekie3,
Your conclusion that we will never see the Father sounds reasonable based upon what the Bible reveals for us in this age.
However, there are perhaps many more ages to come when the hierarchy of God's government will be developing according to God's plans. So allowing for the scripture that teaches that God's creation will go on and on, expanding and expanding, shouldn't we allow for developments that have not yet entered our simple hearts and minds?

It is not, in my mind, that God needs to allow us the privilege of knowing God more intimently, it is rather that God loves to share intiment things or secrets or mysteries with the children that have been chosen for such things in this age. So why not in the ages to come?
God does not need to gift everyone with the same privileges in order for God to be just or fair. We are after all God's creation and the "potters" clay so to speak and God can use us any way God wishes. In any case we will approve and love God for it whatever our fate shall be.
Indianabob

Hi everyone -

I know we are all waiting to see if Ray's Papers on the Enigma of God Reveals the Father's Name; and I have been thinking about this for a while now - and I believe the Father's Name is Jesus, as Jesus declared His Name to us and Jesus is the only Name that Jesus Revealed.

I do not believe we will ever see our Heavenly Father as He Birthed Jesus for the very purpose to Reveal Himself to us through His Son.

I believe we will all eventually see Jesus as He is.

I am content to wait for any news from Ray's Papers, but wanted to share my current thoughts.

Regards, George.

Kat

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 05:02:39 PM »

Hi George,

I think if Ray had something that he wanted posted, he would have left Dennis with instructions to post it and there has been nothing. So I don't think there is any reason to 'wait' for anything else to come out that Ray might have left.

The emails that are being posted now is something Craig is doing, kind of a memorial I guess. He put this note on the forum a little while back, "Over the last few years I have held back a few emails here and there to post after he is gone so in the next weeks I will post a few of them."

We do not need to be hung up on finding a name for the Father, maybe there is no name that could be uttered that would be suitable for Him. Maybe the reason there does not seem to be a name for the Father is He did not want a particular name given Him. But here are a few place where Ray spoke on the Father and the Son that may help you.

http://bible-truths.com/trinity.html --------------

"I and the Father, We are ONE" (John 10:30).

Will all my readers please note that Jesus DID NOT say "I and the Father, We are one GOD," did He? No, He did not!

Do the Scriptures, however, tell us that there is only ONE GOD? Yes, they do.

Do the Scriptures, tell us WHO that ONE God is? Yes, they do.

Do the Scriptures tell us what the relationship of Jesus Christ is with that ONE God? Yes, they do.

In fact, all of these things are answered in ONE Scripture.

I will now give you the ONLY Scripture you will EVER need for understanding Who Jesus Christ and God the Father are and how many Gods there are, and Who composes that ONE God. Here it is:

"For even if so be that there are those being termed gods, whether in heaven or on earth, even as there are many gods and many lords, nevertheless for US there is ONE God, the FATHER, out of Whom ALL IS, and we for Him, and ONE LORD, JESUS CHRIST, through Whom all is, and we through Him" (I Cor. 8:5-6).

And the next verse says

"But NOT IN ALL is there this knowledge" (Ver. 7)

I can say "Amen" to that. Practically "not in all" Christendom is there this knowledge.

If you have not yet THANKED GOD for making these things so clear, so meaningful, and so simple, DO IT NOW!
v

This Scripture tells us that "ALL IS OUT OF" GOD (the FATHER).

And this Scripture tells us that "ALL IS THROUGH" Jesus Christ.

God the Father is the first cause of all and ALL IS OUT GOD, even Jesus Christ is "OUT of God."

"...I [Jesus] came OUT from God. I CAME OUT FROM the FATHER..." (John 16:27-28).
v

Jesus Christ is not the SUPREME DEITY. Christ is not the originator of all. Christ is "the Lord." He is the Son of God. He is the IMAGE of the invisible God. He is the Mediator,

For there is ONE God, and ONE Mediator OF God and mankind, a MAN Christ Jesus..." (I Tim. 2:5).

As I said before, one cannot be both "of" something or someone and at the same time "be" that something or someone. There is certainly no trilateral, triune, trinity of God here!

Jesus Christ said,

"...I am going to the Father, for the Father is GREATER than I" (John 14:28).
v

"...that the GOD OF OUR LORD Jesus Christ, the FATHER..." (Eph. 1:17).

There it is--Jesus Christ HAS A "GOD!" Paul wrote this and all of the above Scriptures AFTER Jesus Christ was resurrected and restored to His previous GLORIES in God. And in His glorified state, Jesus Christ is STILL subjected to HIS GOD! Who wants to be the first blasphemer to even suggest that God the Father "has a God?"!!! But Jesus Christ, DOES have a God! Notice the following:

Eph. 1:3: "Blessed be the God and Father OF our Lord Jesus Christ"

Col. 1:3: "We are thanking the God and Father OF our Lord Jesus Christ"

I Pet. 1:3: "Blessed be the God and Father OF our Lord Jesus Christ"

And remember these statements concerning Jesus Christ "having a God" were made long after His resurrection and restoration back to His former glories. Today, our Lord STILL HAS A GOD!

There are many more Scriptures that show the distinction between God the Father’s office of supreme deity of the universe and that of His Son and Image, Jesus Christ the Lord and Mediator.

http://bible-truths.com/email17.htm ------------------------------

Jesus Christ and His Father ARE ONE!  What does that mean?  Has God not given us other examples of how two can be ONE?  A husband and wife in union ARE ONE, yet they are individuals. The Son is the VISIBLE IMAGE OF THE INVISIBLE GOD. That is Scriptural.  God manifested HIMSELF to His Creation SONWISE or SONLY.  The Son can be seen, the Father CANNOT BE SEEN.  John tells us that we will see Jesus AS HE IS. I know of NO Scripture that tells us that we will ever see the Father (do you?).  We pray TO the Father IN THE NAME OF Jesus Christ, through the spirit OF God--Both the Father and the Son have the SAME SPIRIT!  That the KJV uses the personal pronoun "he" is hardly justification for making the Holy Spirit the third member of triune God.

The relationship between the Son and the Father are mentioned over and over and over again in the Scriptures. 
v

We too, mankind, also, like God, have a spirit.  Our spirit, however, is NOT A SECOND PERSON!  If I am with you 'in spirit' then I AM WITH YOU. My spirit is NOT SOMEONE ELSE!  Nor is it an ADDITION to me.  Without MY spirit I would not exist. Without GOD'S spirit, GOD WOULD CEASE TO EXIST--GOD IS SPIRIT!!!  God communicates and operates throughout the whole universe by HIS spirit.  We TOO partake of this same spirit, but not through a third person of a trinity.

Jesus Christ told His disciples before His departure:

"Now, whenever the consoler [Gk: 'parakletos '= BESIDE - CALLer] which I shall be sending you [notice that Christ is the Sender, but FROM the Father], that will be testifying concerning Me" (John 15:26).
v

When we receive the Comforter it is CHRIST, IN SPIRIT [no longer according to the flesh]! IT IS CHRIST THAT COMFORTERS US THROUGH HIS SPIRIT WHICH JOHN PLAINLY TELLS US HE RECEIVED FROM HIS GOD AND FATHER! It is THEIR [the Son's and the Father's] SPIRIT that comes in us! No trinity here! No trinity anywhere!

"Hereby know ye the SPIRIT OF GOD:  Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is COME IN THE FLESH is of God" (I John 4:2).

"Hereby know we that WE DWELL IN HIM, and HE IN US, because He hath given us OF [genitive--OF] His spirit" (Verse 13). 

It is JESUS CHRIST Who comes IN OUR FLESH.  To deny that it is JESUS CHRIST Who comes in our flesh is the spirit of ANTICHRIST.

CHRIST is our comforter. CHRIST leads us into all Truth. It is CHRIST in us the hope of glory. CHRIST is the parakletos. And this is all accomplished by the spirit OF God which the Father gave also to Christ and so we have the spirit of both the Son and the Father making its home IN US, not a third person of a fabled trinity!

OF COURSE Jesus Christ is God. He is the VERY IMAGE, THE EXPRESS IMAGE, OF THE INVISIBLE GOD HIMSELF--and that makes Christ GOD.  And Jesus and His Father ARE ONE and they operate through ONE SPIRIT--THEIR spirit, not some OTHER person of a trinity.

Sincerely,

Ray

Kat

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 08:42:58 PM »

I wanted to add this to what I have already posted.

http://bible-truths.com/trinity.html ----------------------------------

I am asked: "Is Jesus GOD or isn't He GOD?"

When I answer: "Yes, Jesus IS GOD," they are not satisfied with that answer they want to know: "Well then, as there is only ONE GOD, and if Jesus IS GOD, then Jesus must be THAT ONE GOD INCLUDING THE FATHER, and so by deduction, JESUS IS THE FATHER.

There is no end to the times I get this posed to me. And yes, there are those religions that firmly believe that JESUS CHRIST IS GOD THE FATHER.

When the Pharisees accused Jesus of blaspheming because He said He was "The SON of God," Jesus reminded them that their own scriptures state that, "YE ARE GODS."

"I have said, YE ARE GODS; and all of you are CHILDREN OF THE MOST HIGH" (Psalm 82:6).

"For WE [Believers] ARE members of His [Jesus] body, of His flesh, and of His bones. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they TWO shall be ONE flesh. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and THE CHURCH" (Eph. 5:31-32).

"That they ALL may be ONE [Who?--ALL. How many?--ONE] as you Father are in Me, and I in You, that they also may be ONE in US... And the glory which You gave to Me I have given them, that they may be ONE, EVEN AS WE ARE ONE" (John 17:21-22).

This IS the Scripture that Jesus quoted. They didn't accept what Jesus said, and people will not accept what I say.

I'll try once more:

"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be ONE FLESH" (Gen. 2:24).

How many people?--TWO.  How many flesh?--ONE.

There the Scriptural answer!

"...that they may be ONE, even as WE [Jesus AND His Father] ARE O-N- E"!!!

HOW many Persons? Jesus & Father--TWO. HOW many GODS?--O-N-E   G-O-D!!!

As a "husband and wife" ARE ONE, and "Jesus and His Church," ARE ONE, so also "Jesus and His Father," ARE ONE.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=13157.0 ---------------------

All of the Scriptures must agree or we are not understanding or
teaching properly.  I have said for many years that "Jesus IS GOD" (see pp 22-23
of my article "God is NOT a Trinity."  But if Jesus IS God and His Father IS God
don't we then have TWO GODS?  There is ONLY ONE GOD!  Yes, this does
appear to be an unsolvable enigma, but it is not unsolvable.  I have said and taught
further through the years that not only is Jesus God, but He is the ONLY GOD that
we will every truly know in this life.  And why do I say that?  Well for one thing, that
IS what the Scriptures teach:  "And this IS life eternal [eonian--'And this is the
Aionian Life..."--Emphatic Diaglott." ], that they might know Thee the only true God,
and Jesus Christ, Whom Thou has sent" (John 17:3).  Yes, it will take "aions/eons"
to come to know God the Father.  It won't happen in this life. So what is the purpose
of us receiving eonian life?  To come to "...know Thee the only true God..."
v

"Hear O Israel, the LORD thy God is ONE LORD" (Deut. 6:4).

"I and My Father ARE ONE" (John 10:30).

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word [singular] WAS GOD" (John 1:1).

"I am the LORD, and there is non else, there is NO GOD BESIDE ME" (Isa. 45:5--"none
   else" ver. 14;  "none else" ver. 18; "none beside Me" ver. 21;  "I am God, there is none else"
   ver. 22;  "I am God, there is none like Me," Isa. 46:9;  "I am and there is none else beside
   Me," Isa. 47:08.

"There is none other God, BUT ONE...But to us there is BUT ONE GOD" (I Cor. 8:4 & 6).

"And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, 'Hear, O Israel; The Lord
our God is ONE LORD" (Mark. 12:29).

As to how many "Gods" there are, there is no argument!  There is but ONE GOD!

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=13141.20 ---------------------

The King James reads:

"But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom
are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by
whom are all things, and we by Him" (I Cor. 8: 6).

Notice the lite face type added by the translators to make Paul's statement mor
readable.  By taking out the added words we lose nothing:

"But to us one God, the Father, of whom all things, and we in Him,
and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom all things, and we by Him."

Paul's subject in this chapter is "idols."  So He is teaching Who the real God is.

Who is the "one God" of Whom he speaks?  He answers: "the FATHER," followed
by a description of the Father's role in the universe, but if we take out the description
of His role we loose nothing, as the thought is the same only shortened:  "to us there is
one God, THE FATHER. But Paul doesn't end his statement with a period. There is
more to follow.  He also speaks of "one Lord Jesus Christ" and a description of His
role in the universe.  Okay, let's leave out ALL the descriptive words describing both
of Their roles, and we have this:

"...to us...ONE GOD:  the Father...AND...Jesus."

I am not suggesting that this is the way to study all Scripture, by taking out
words, but I am trying to draw attention to the most important words.

Jesus said: "I [Jesus] and My Father are one" (John 10:30).  Who is the
"one" in Jesus's statement?  The Father?  NO--"the Father AND Jesus."
Wow.  Isn't that also what Paul really says in I Cor. 8:6?

God be with you,

Ray

Kenneth Clark

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 09:02:50 PM »

I  thought the Fathers name was YHVH or YHWH which is pronounced Yahovah or Yawhey.  In the original Hebrew His name is there.  They just dont utter it thinking it is too Holy to be pronounced...so they see YHWH in the Torah but read it as a generic Adonai or God.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 11:10:13 PM by Kenneth Clark »

Kenneth Clark

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 09:08:04 PM »

anytime you see a capital LORD it is YHWH in the original Hebrew

John from Kentucky

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 10:06:27 PM »

Kat,

In his April 2, 2011 email Ray stated that his trinity paper did not bring together all the scriptures concerning this Enigma of God matter that he was studying this last year.

Ray also said that this Enigma of God matter could be the most important truth revealed by the scriptures.

And in another email Ray stated that at least he now knew the name of the Father.

So Ray did know certain key points in the scriptures that he did not share with us. 

One big clue is the end of his recent article on his Creed.

I assume I'm not the only one intrigued by the clues he gave us.  Also, I've been trying to put the clues together on my own.
I would be interested in anything Dennis could provide us from Ray's unpublished papers just to see if I'm on the right track.

God put into our hearts this desire to know Him, and we are wanting to push the envelope of the understanding of God.  As has been said, "To boldly go where no man has gone before."

John

P.S.  For those of us who see where Ray was going, it is an amazing and astounding vision into the nature of the Great God.

Revilonivek

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 10:29:44 PM »

If ray says he knows the father's name and then hasnt shared. That is frustrating. Im sutr people feel that frustration as well. And I'm sure he's spoken it to Dennis and anyone close to him. I would just say spill it out already and talk aby what ray says the fathers name is and talk abt it like brothers and sistrrs would in conversation. Kat said there's no paper coming out so share it with us what ray told u behind closed doors. Please!

Denise

Kat

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 12:19:36 AM »

Well I guess I can share something that Ray did mentions when I went to Manuela's cookie exchange party back in Dec. He spoke of Genesis 18 the story where the LORD/Jehovah came down and met with Abraham.

Gen 18:1  And Jehovah H3068 appeared to him in the plains of Mamre, and he sat at the tent door in the heat of the day.
v. 2  And he lifted up his eyes and looked, and lo, three men stood by him. And when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed toward the ground.
v. 3  And he said, My Lord H136 , if now I have found favor in Your sight, do not pass away, I pray, from Your servant.

Now the two angels/messengers that were with Jehovah left, but Jehovah stayed there with Abraham.

Gen 18:22  And the men turned their faces away from there, and went toward Sodom. But Abraham still stood before Jehovah H3068.

Then we know the story how Abraham asked Jehovah to spare Sodom all the way down to 10 righteous men. Then Jehovah left him. And in chapter 19 we know how Sodom was condemned to be destroyed and Lot and his family was told to flee to the mountains.

Gen 19:12  And the men said to Lot, Have you anyone here besides yourself? Bring your sons-in-law, and your sons, and your daughters, and whatever you have in the city, bring them out of this place.
v. 13  For we will destroy this place because great is the cry of them before the face of Jehovah H3068. And Jehovah H3068 has sent us to destroy it.

Now Lot appealed to the Lord to let them escape to a city that was nearer.

Gen 19:18  And Lot said to them, Oh no, Lord H136,
v. 19  please now, Your servant has found grace in Your sight, and You have magnified Your mercy, which You have shown to me in saving my life. And I cannot escape to the mountain, lest some evil take me and I die.
v. 20  Behold now, this city is near to flee to, and it is a little one. Oh let me escape there (is it not a little one?) and my soul shall live.

So He allowed them to go to the city. But it is this verse 24 that is very interesting.

Gen 19:24  Then Jehovah H3068 rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire, FROM Jehovah H3068 out of the heavens.

So we have here that the Lord/Jehovah rained fire down from heaven FROM the Lord/Jehovah... would this mean Jehovah the Son raining fire down from Jehovah the Father? This is what Ray showed me and didn't really explain what it meant, I think he was saving it for his article, but his calling attention to something that was right there helps a great deal.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

John from Kentucky

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 12:46:55 AM »

Well I guess I can share something that Ray did mentions when I went to Manuela's cookie exchange party back in Dec. He spoke of Genesis 18 the story where the LORD/Jehovah came down and met with Abraham.

Gen 18:1  And Jehovah H3068 appeared to him in the plains of Mamre, and he sat at the tent door in the heat of the day.
v. 2  And he lifted up his eyes and looked, and lo, three men stood by him. And when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed toward the ground.
v. 3  And he said, My Lord H136 , if now I have found favor in Your sight, do not pass away, I pray, from Your servant.

Now the two angels/messengers that were with Jehovah left, but Jehovah stayed there with Abraham.

Gen 18:22  And the men turned their faces away from there, and went toward Sodom. But Abraham still stood before Jehovah H3068.

Then we know the story how Abraham asked Jehovah to spare Sodom all the way down to 10 righteous men. Then Jehovah left him. And in chapter 19 we know how Sodom was condemned to be destroyed and Lot and his family was told to flee to the mountains.

Gen 19:12  And the men said to Lot, Have you anyone here besides yourself? Bring your sons-in-law, and your sons, and your daughters, and whatever you have in the city, bring them out of this place.
v. 13  For we will destroy this place because great is the cry of them before the face of Jehovah H3068. And Jehovah H3068 has sent us to destroy it.

Now Lot appealed to the Lord to let them escape to a city that was nearer.

Gen 19:18  And Lot said to them, Oh no, Lord H136,
v. 19  please now, Your servant has found grace in Your sight, and You have magnified Your mercy, which You have shown to me in saving my life. And I cannot escape to the mountain, lest some evil take me and I die.
v. 20  Behold now, this city is near to flee to, and it is a little one. Oh let me escape there (is it not a little one?) and my soul shall live.

So He allowed them to go to the city. But it is this verse 24 that is very interesting.

Gen 19:24  Then Jehovah H3068 rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire, FROM Jehovah H3068 out of the heavens.

So we have here that the Lord/Jehovah rained fire down from heaven FROM the Lord/Jehovah... would this mean Jehovah the Son raining fire down from Jehovah the Father? This is what Ray showed me and didn't really explain what it meant, I think he was saving it for his article, but his calling attention to something that was right there helps a great deal.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Thanks Kat,

Now I really feel dumb.  I never noticed that before.

The mystery deepens.  But it is fascinating.  Ray mentioned that the Old Testament hardly ever alludes to the Father and Son.

The Father is only specifically mentioned by Jesus in the New Testament.

Ray referred to Jesus as God's Authorized Autobiography.  Fitting the pieces together is mind expanding.  But as Ray said it's all in there, its all in the scriptures, but only God can unlock it for us.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 07:15:09 AM »

I just started proofing "Solving the enigma of God" - Part 1 - "What is the Name of the Father and His Son"

Ray did not finish it but I'll post what we have when I get done. Should be in about a week.

servias

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 10:17:05 AM »

I just started proofing "Solving the enigma of God" - Part 1 - "What is the Name of the Father and His Son"

Ray did not finish it but I'll post what we have when I get done. Should be in about a week.

This is very cool.  Thanks for all the time and effort you donated to us in the past and present.  Its much appreciated!

Dan

levycarneiro

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2012, 12:27:57 PM »

Ray referred to Jesus as God's Authorized Autobiography.  Fitting the pieces together is mind expanding.  But as Ray said it's all in there, its all in the scriptures, but only God can unlock it for us.

Hello John!

Putting this "Jesus is God's Authorized Autobiography" along with Ray's "Where God's wisdom and knowledge came from?", does this mean God didn't have - in the beginning - other things as well, besides wisdom? If Jesus is God's autobiography and then God evolved from a "boy" in some aspects, to the God He is today, what other things God didn't have in the beginning besides wisdom? *Who* was God in the beginning?

God bless :)
Levy

John from Kentucky

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2012, 03:29:00 PM »

Hello John!

Putting this "Jesus is God's Authorized Autobiography" along with Ray's "Where God's wisdom and knowledge came from?", does this mean God didn't have - in the beginning - other things as well, besides wisdom? If Jesus is God's autobiography and then God evolved from a "boy" in some aspects, to the God He is today, what other things God didn't have in the beginning besides wisdom? *Who* was God in the beginning?

God bless :)
Levy

Hi Levy,

Excellent question.  Ray did state that now was the time to ask Who is God?  However, I don't think we can speak of God "in the beginning" since the scriptures never mention anytime when He was not.  One of His names is the Self-Living One, the Self-Existent One, the Everliving One.  One of His basic attributes is that He is alive, living, without any assistance from anything outside Himself.

It is a fascinating idea that God the Father had to suffer in order to "birth" wisdom.  Jesus is His autobiography and Jesus suffered.
We are being created in the image of God and thus we must suffer.

Many questions.  At least it is not boring studying God.

John

cjwood

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2012, 09:18:15 PM »

thank you dennis for the work you are doing for the Lord, and on behalf of ray.  still.  you have worked so hard throughout the years to keep this website according to your and ray's initial desires for a website to proclaim the Truth of the Scriptures and to expose those who contradict the magnificence of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

claudia

John9362

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2012, 11:13:33 PM »

Hi Dennis, I also would very much like to thank you  :)

I am just happy to call our Father "Father" and Jesus "Jesus" .....works for me !! ;) ;D

Gina

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2012, 03:00:16 AM »

Hey everybody,

I'm anxiously (I repeat: anxiously) awaiting the new article. 

I'm praying God gives us understanding and insight into what Ray says and we'll be able to accept it.

I don't know about you all, but lots of times in the past I wasn't actually putting the pieces together, but thinking I had--I'd wind up getting P.O.'d but I'm hyper aware of my tendency to miss a lot at first only to then have it make sense later, down the road, when things start clicking. 
Oh, so that's what that meant! (face palm)  How did I miss that?  Totally read right over that.'  You know the drill.

Ray said,

So if you think, ‘well yeah, Ray’s got a lot of stuff, but there is a couple of areas I don’t know, I think he’s all screwed up on.’  Just give it time, because I would say that chances are that I probably spend a good deal more time on that than you did and I pretty much already know what you know, but what you don’t know is what I know.  That’s the difference. 

People ask me, ‘what makes you think you know more than all these ministers?’  In a haughty arrogant way, I don’t.  But here is the answer to that, I know what they believe and why they believe it.  But they don’t know what I believe and why I believe it, they don’t know that.  That is a big difference.

2009 conference transcript  http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,11521.msg99622.html#msg99622

Love that--that underlined part especially.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 03:08:03 AM by Gina »

santgem

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2012, 05:56:05 AM »

I  thought the Fathers name was YHVH or YHWH which is pronounced Yahovah or Yawhey.  In the original Hebrew His name is there.  They just dont utter it thinking it is too Holy to be pronounced...so they see YHWH in the Torah but read it as a generic Adonai or God.

God replied to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. Say this to the people of Israel: I AM has sent me to you.” God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel: Yahweh, the God of your ancestors—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.

This is my eternal name,

my name to remember for all generations. (Ex. 3:14).

"Moreover, brethren, I would not that you should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; And did all eat the same spiritual meat; And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and THAT ROCK WAS CHRIST" (I Cor. 10:1-4).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 07:07:37 AM by santgem »

santgem

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2012, 05:58:13 AM »

thanks.....i'm soooooo excited!

Revilonivek

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2012, 02:38:06 PM »

Thank you Dennis! It means a lot.  I know how difficult it is to run a website and forum as large as this. It is truly much appreciated!

Denise

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 24 queries.