bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Our Heavenly Father's Name & will we ever see Him  (Read 13316 times)

onelovedread

Re: Our Heavenly Father's Name & will we ever see Him
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2012, 03:52:58 PM »

Thank you, Dennis for your untiring efforts.

However, I honestly have to say I am not overly excited.

I would prefer to find out how I can become closer to God and live in a way that's more pleasing to Him. You see, I see the filthy, canal and sinful behavior I still exhibit, and that bothers me, even though I know God is in control of everything (even when and how He'll reveal His true name.)

Romans 11: 33 "Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! 34 “Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?” 35 “Who has ever given to God, that God should repay them?” 36 For from him and through him and for him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen."

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2012, 04:44:17 PM »

Thank you Dennis! It means a lot.  I know how difficult it is to run a website and forum as large as this. It is truly much appreciated!

Denise

Actually it takes very little effort to run the site. It pretty much runs itself. And it takes just a little time to manage the money and the Google ads.

This forum requires some time but thanks to all the moderators I don't have to work too much.

But it does take hours to prepare a new article. Ray writes the article in Microsoft Word and the doc file is full of underlines, bold text, etc., and typo's. I have to convert it to plain text then put all the formatting back in using the HTML editor (I could just paste the doc file but too much garbage gets dragged in with it).

I'm done marking up the printout and on page 8 of 22 of the HTML. I should have it done and posted by the end of the week.

zvezda

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2012, 06:21:08 PM »

But it does take hours to prepare a new article. Ray writes the article in Microsoft Word and the doc file is full of underlines, bold text, etc., and typo's. I have to convert it to plain text then put all the formatting back in using the HTML editor (I could just paste the doc file but too much garbage gets dragged in with it).

not sure why you need to convert it to plain text then put the formatting back, will it be easier if you open the doc file and then select "save as html" or "save as web page"?
another way is to use google docs, upload the doc file to your google doc account, then open it and select "file" then "download as webpage", once the page is displayed in your browser, go to “view source” and copy the code.
gmail will work too, just send the doc file to your gmail account as an attachment and use the "view as html" link.
hope this helps.

eggi

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2012, 07:17:19 PM »

Hi all,

I know exactly the problem Dennis is referring to. Simply saving the Word document as Web Page will not work very well. The outputted HTML will be full of proprietary code, and can be rendered quite OK on Internet Explorer, but other users with other browsers or operating systems might have problems. I used to use HTML Tidy in Notepad++ which did a good job at cleaning Word 2000 HTML, but I'm not sure as to how it works with newer versions of Microsoft Word.

God bless you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2012, 07:30:54 PM »

not sure why you need to convert it to plain text then put the formatting back, will it be easier if you open the doc file and then select "save as html" or "save as web page"?
another way is to use google docs, upload the doc file to your google doc account, then open it and select "file" then "download as webpage", once the page is displayed in your browser, go to “view source” and copy the code.
gmail will work too, just send the doc file to your gmail account as an attachment and use the "view as html" link.
hope this helps.

Still too much garbage with anything MS Word does. Is not compatible with all browsers.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2012, 07:33:05 PM »

Hi all,

I know exactly the problem Dennis is referring to. Simply saving the Word document as Web Page will not work very well. The outputted HTML will be full of proprietary code, and can be rendered quite OK on Internet Explorer, but other users with other browsers or operating systems might have problems. I used to use HTML Tidy in Notepad++ which did a good job at cleaning Word 2000 HTML, but I'm not sure as to how it works with newer versions of Microsoft Word.

God bless you,
Eirik

I copy and paste the article into Microsoft Outlook then set it to "plain text" then copy the plain text and paste in to the HTML editor. Best way I've found so far.

eggi

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2012, 07:54:40 PM »

Hi all,

God bless you,
Eirik

I copy and paste the article into Microsoft Outlook then set it to "plain text" then copy the plain text and paste in to the HTML editor. Best way I've found so far.

That is a very clever way to do this! :)
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2012, 08:27:51 PM »

Usually these articles take just a few days for me to get posted. Harry usually checks it, Ray makes changes then I get it.

But for the last few months my time is taken up with work. Even weekends (I work out of my house).

I've been working on revising the quote system for the company I contract for. Tomorrow/Monday I start making the switch to the new system and it is going to be very stressful (I know, I should not stress).

Plus, editing an article that Ray worked on not long ago is emotional and adds to my stress.

Gina

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2012, 08:50:40 PM »

Aw man that would be emotional.  I hadn't considered that.  Sorry Dennis.

Joel

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2012, 11:42:08 PM »

Much Love, and thanks to you Dennis.

Joel

santgem

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2012, 03:33:37 AM »

i feel the burden and stress!

May the good Lord give all of you strength.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 24 queries.