bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: manuela  (Read 6340 times)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
manuela
« on: June 19, 2012, 07:53:13 PM »

dear forum family.  i was able to drive from austin to arlington/ft. worth yesterday to spend some time with manuela while she was visiting her and ray's daughter, viviane, who lives there.  it was such a blessing to be able to make the drive and see our manuela.  she is such a strong woman in so many ways, but, her heart is very heavy.

no doubt, any of us would be devastated by loosing our spouse, and manuela is struggling to figure out what she is to do now.  she stood by ray and cared for all of his needs so many, many times during his battle with cancer throughout the years.  every day, her daily schedule started and ended in helping ray.  it is no surprise that she now feels unsure about her new life, without ray.

she reconfirmed what she told dennis, that she would respond to the messages from everyone.

please keep her in your prayers, and viviane too.  they need our love and support, now more than ever before.

love in Christ,
claudia

Gina

Re: manuela
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 08:05:11 PM »

I'm so glad you drove to see her, Claudia!   Aw, I wish I could have been there.  I'd love to give her and her daughter a big hug.

I can only imagine what she's feeling now.  "What am I supposed to do with my time?  What's my purpose now?" 

I pray God comforts her greatly and very soon.

Cypress

• I <3 jj81
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 09:26:40 PM »

Thank you for the update. We received a little card from Manuela and hope to keep in touch with her. We are praying for her.
Elaine

theway

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 10:10:39 PM »

Manuela Gods Blessing to you and Family though i have not met you or Ray know this that His (Rays) teaching on the scriptures has been a blessing to me may the Good Lord comfort and Guide you and Family Lots of Love Hira Tua way Down here in Auckland NZ

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 10:07:59 AM »

That's really good of you to do Claudia
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

acomplishedartis

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 03:31:17 AM »

I am glad you was able to make that trip. What a good opportunity. I am sure Manuela received encourage and comfort from God thanks to you.

ez2u

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 02:13:11 AM »

its just been a little while and she shouldn't make any big decision right away  i know many here are praying for her and the family.

rsks

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 06:09:01 PM »

We too love and respect Manuela.  She shared her Ray with all of us and what a blessing Ray is.  Please consider continuing to support her financially as we are doing.  She sent us a card too and we will continue to keep in touch with her.

Manuela is in our prayers that God grant her peace of mind and heart.

cjwood

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 10:08:38 PM »

thank you rsks for your sweet post.  thank you also for continuing to support manuela financially.  she is still left with many outstanding debts, due to all that ray had to do medically.  she is indeed thankful for all that is done on her and ray's behalf. 

claudia

Kenneth Clark

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 10:41:31 PM »

thank you Father God for the world...thank You for our creation and knowledge of You through Your written Word (Son)...thank you for understanding through your servant Mr. Smith who has blessed many...may we know You are right here always...i love you

Gina

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 02:48:25 AM »

Manuela, if you're reading this, you and your daughter are in my daily thoughts and prayers.  Ray isn't far behind.  I actually don't know who I think of first, you two or Ray.  Thank you for your sweet note.  (She said they always considered us (the B-T members) family.  :) )  I couldn't wait to open it up and read what you wrote.  I wasn't even expecting a note from you, but it was a really nice surprise.  I've never spoken to you or met you in person but any friend of Ray's is a friend of mine.  :-)  He always asked us to pray for you.   He really and truly loved us all in the purest way I've ever seen anyone love anyone else since the woman who came in to our home when I was a child and basically raised me and brothers and sisters, her name was Priscilla - it's Italian and means princess and she was (that's my story and I'm sticking to it, iBob).  She was 3/4 black and 1/4 Cherokee Indian.  We were her "chillins"/chitlins.  She had a doll she named silly gal and when the girls (five of us) were real small and had our hair trimmed she'd pull out a plastic baggie and save the clippings, and then she somehow (  ??? ) attach our hair to that doll's head.  ha!  She also had her wearing glasses that made her look like a female Howdy Doody.  Silliest thing you ever saw.  We got the biggest kick outta that doll.  Hence the name Silly Gal.   Priscilla was authentic.  That's what you and Ray are and that's what we're aspiring to be. 

He was a great example to all and a much-needed, long awaited welcome relief to me and my brothers and sisters!  I have some wonderful, beautiful, caring, unselfish very patient, and non-prideful brothers and sisters because of him.   We will continue to thank you and him by following his example as God grants us the ability to overcome.

Thank you, Manuela.

And if you read all this, you are my new best friend.   ;D

Love,
Gina

I hope you know you're loved and appreciated by all of us.  (Not just Claudia! ;D  j/k Claudia)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 03:26:30 AM by Gina »

Foxx

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 03:59:35 AM »

oh man! I live near Arlington here in Texas...I can't believe I'm just now reading this. It would have been great to meet her.

dogcombat

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 04:46:26 PM »

What Manuela is going through right now is, what I'd call the withdrawal phase.  As one who cared for both of my dying parents, I KNOW what this feels like.  Please let her know that I was thinking about her.  May God uphold her in His loving Grace.

Ches

fox

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2012, 02:57:52 AM »

Could someone point me to an address for Manuela. The following is what I had for Ray. Is Manuela's address still the same? Also does she have an email address?

Ray Smith
5052 Government Blvd.
Mobile, Alabama   36693

fox

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2012, 08:08:24 AM »

Could someone point me to an address for Manuela. The following is what I had for Ray. Is Manuela's address still the same? Also does she have an email address?

Ray Smith
5052 Government Blvd.
Mobile, Alabama   36693

fox

The address is still the same for awhile.

She had me remove it from this forum because people were stopping by unannounced.

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2012, 05:17:05 AM »

How is she doing financially?

Gina

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2012, 06:22:28 AM »

:o

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2012, 09:02:46 PM »

Manuela has an arm in a cast. She is going to have her shoulder operated on on the 15th.

She tore ligaments helping Ray get out of bed or helping him stand up.

Her finances are not very good.

Gina

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2012, 10:14:04 PM »

That's sad.

Manuela,

I can only imagine.   

You're in my daily thoughts and prayers.

May God bless and comfort you abundantly and beyond all you could imagine or think to ask, and give you peace about, and a speedy recovery from, your surgery. 

Gina

:'(

manuela

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2012, 08:17:35 PM »

Dear Members,
This is Manuela, Ray's wife. I have been reading on the forum for quite a while just didn't have much time.
I would like to thank each and everyone of you for your cards, letters, calls, emails, flowers, etc. I really appreciate it.  It is very humbling to know how supportive you are. Now that I have more time I will keep in touch. I am having shoulder surgery on Wednesday so I will have plenty of time to catch up on reading the posts.
 To Kathy, thank you for coming to my house next week and taking care of me. I can't even put into words how much it means to me. this way I don't have to stay in the hospital.
I started going to a weekly support group for new widows. It helps to talk to people who went through similar situations. Otherwise I am just taking life one day at a time as good as I can. All the support that I receive from you guys definetly helps me make it through tough days. I keep reading the cards and letters and I feel so blessed to have so many friends praying for me
Love you all
Manuela
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.