bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: healthy diet what is good and whats not so good  (Read 11672 times)

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: healthy diet what is good and whats not so good
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2012, 03:09:21 PM »

Yeah John, HaHa... Actually I was impressed with Dr. Steger's devotion to learning about and applying the healthest lifestyle he possibly could. But would never want to live like him, I mean the man is obsessed with this thing. Not to mention it's totally going against the way of this world... wait a min. something sounds familiar here. Anyway how does he live without enjoying milk and cookies or ice cream, but maybe he has some kind of healthy version he (his wife) makes  :P

Kat

Hi Kat,
 Yes, there are healthy versions! I use almond milk several times a week (it comes in original, vanilla, or chocolate). There are frozen desserts that are made from rice milk, almond milk, and coconut milk, and sweetened with agave syrup and/or brown rice syrup. There are plenty of alternative cookie choices too. Last week I made some chocolate cake without using any milk, white flour, wheat flour or white/brown sugar. (I did use some organic powdered sugar in the icing though  :-X).

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2012, 11:43:53 PM »

I'm not much into health food, I like a good steak, fries, and a salad on a fairly regular basis. ;D
However, my daughter and son-in-law eat mostly a veggie diet, and are raising their two boys that way.
We get along great, but do butt heads on occasion, but its all done in the Spirit of Love.

Romans 14:1-3 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations. For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

Luke 24:41-43 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat? And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. And he took it, and did eat before them.

Joel

TRUTH281

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2012, 01:57:13 AM »

Ok I will - to finish, Kat has nailed this down - its not what goes into the body

Actually, it is important what we put in our bodies. 

Simple example:  It's lawful for me to drink 5 cups of cafe a day; God's not going to call me on the carpet for it. 

But it's not EXPEDIENT for me to drink that much cafe because I personally [we're talking about me - not you, Ian] get the jitters BIG TIME and will turn around and snap and bite someone's head off in a flash.  See?  That's when drinking 5 cups of coffee crosses the line from being something that is lawful but is not expedient.

It's also not expedient for me to drink that much cafe because I am personally convinced it  screws with my estrogen and that makes me a danger to society.   ;D

And that's why I need a Savior because there are some things we need saving from, even if they are "lawful."
Nice comment Gina. Mat 15:11  "Not that which goes into the mouth defiles a man; but that which comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man." The Lord is not saying that physical food cannot defile your "physical" body. He's saying that physical food (or what goes into the mouth) cannot define your character. There are many things which can defile your physical body. Gina just gave an example. Coffee may be ok at a certain amount, but it inevitably becomes a poison at a certain dosage depending on the individual, and that is a fact. A 17 year old named Jasmin overdosed from 7 double espressos and was rushed to the hospital. In 2010 and 23 year old British man died after consuming 2 spoon fulls of pure caffeine powder. One time I took a 200mg caffeine pill when I was younger and my heart was beating a million miles per hour. Dosage is the key. Vitamin A has even poisoned people who have consumed too much of it. Today we know WAY more about the function of the human body.

Gina

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2012, 03:31:32 AM »

Right, Jesus said "Not that which goes into the mouth defiles a man; but that which comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man."

Didn't Paul agree when he said, "Everything is permissible for me"--but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible for me"--but I will not be mastered by anything. “Food for the stomach and the stomach for food”—but God will destroy them both.(1 Cor. 6:12, 13)

Can I lawfully consume anything?  Sure, but when that which I can lawfully consume masters (consumes) me (or makes me callous to the weakness in my brother and causes him to stumble), am I not defiled?

Trust me when I say -- I'm NO better than anyone, I'm just conscious of what is right and wrong in certain areas, and have been granted by God the ability to exercise my freedoms in Christ in privacy and in moderation. :)  Except for cigs.  See?  I'm no better than anyone else.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 03:37:32 AM by Gina »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.