bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guys... I'm not  (Read 12246 times)

Gina

Re: Guys... I'm not
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2012, 09:35:19 PM »

All the best to you, Alex.  You have the right attitude.

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2012, 02:13:42 AM »

prayers that His mercy and peace will be with you as you walk into the room where you will be taking your exam alex.  He's got your back.  no matter what the outcome, He is with you. 

claudia

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2012, 06:27:39 PM »

Just got back home from taking the test. It is finally over, the dawn is breaking over these last, brutal, three months. I'm glad it's over, it's a relief.

I feel confident but my confidence has often times led me a stray so I will find out in 30 days what my score is and bite my tongue until then.

So ill let you all know in 30 days.

Here's to hoping God got me through this, on the first shot. It's going to be brutal having to do this again if I don't get it right the first time but I know I'm not the smartest kid, I Just have heart thanks to God and I know that the Lord doesn't like to make things easy on us. Nothing good in life is ever easy, unfortunately. So might have to re-do. I'm not closing my mind out to that possibility. Hah.

Again, thank you all.

Sincerely,

Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Gina

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2012, 11:12:49 PM »

You have a really good outlook on things.  Yes, here's to hoping God got you through that test the first time! 

When someone asks the area of medicine you want to go into, what do you say?

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2012, 04:00:09 AM »

You have a really good outlook on things.  Yes, here's to hoping God got you through that test the first time! 

When someone asks the area of medicine you want to go into, what do you say?

Thank you Gina. I try and keep my head up, despite the doubts that attempt to creep in and the fears that go along with it.

I want to work in the Emergency room or in pediatrics. I know, two different ends of the spectrum but they both sound good to me. They say a lot of medical students think they want one thing over another but then when they get into medical school and start doing their rotations (3rd year+) they tend to change their minds. So we will see, if I even make it that far. I have strong desires for ER or Pediatrics like I said but because of what has been said before, I might end up in an entirely different specialty lol.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Gina

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2012, 01:18:32 PM »

And see, I think that's a wise position to take.... having a pretty good idea of where you'd like to be now but knowing that God will place you where --  well, wherever that may be!

:)

Exciting times for you, Alex.

acomplishedartis

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2012, 12:55:18 AM »

yeah, that's the attitude Alex!

I try to do alike.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, 06:22:14 PM »

Hey all,

Just thought I'd give you the final end to this chapter.

I scored a 28, which was no where what I needed. I needed atleast a 33 or higher on my MCAT score.

So what does it all mean? Well it means for now, I probably am not getting into med school.

Where do I go from here? Well I keep moving forward. Finish my bachelors of science in biology and then take it from there as to where God wants me to go.

I still want to be a Dr. and I'm not giving up on that..I can't see myself doing anything else in this life. I went down that road before, looking, wondering, not wanting to work for what appeared to be the only thing for me to do with my life. It all brought me back to the reality though that, that is where I belong. Well now It's just going to take me a little longer to get there than what I was hoping. It also means ill be retaking the MCAT. Quite a nitemare and I don't look forward to having to do it again if that be the case but God never said it was going to be easy and in fact we know it is through much tribulation that we enter into the kingdom. So Jesus bring the rain. Let me love the sick, your flock and children as you did. Teach me what it means to be like you.

What do I take from all this? Well aside from what I Just mentioned; I have no regrets in how hard I studied for this exam and I am so thankful for all the prayers that were sent my way. I have never studied so hard in my life and I know it is no doubt that it is because of all your prayers and love. All of you who upheld me in your prayers day and night. For that I am forever thankful and I know it made a huge difference.

I went into my prepatory class scoring 17 and below on practice mcats, the highest I peaked was a 30 on practice towards the end of my long studying and on the final test I scored a 28. Not what I was hoping and praying for but God has a reason for all things.

Can't say I'm not bummed but I also can't say this means game over or the end. I know it doesn't.

Anyway thank you all for everything.

God bless,

Alex

P.S. if anyone knows any scriptural verses about overcoming adversity, beating the odds or scriptures of success that are uplifting, feel free to share them. :) Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 06:39:54 PM by lilitalienboi16 »

acomplishedartis

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2012, 06:10:41 AM »

Hi Alex

Ho well, that's how it was spooned to hapen. You still have the knowelege of all that much studies and better skills for studying long and hard. Don't let any institution to put you down. You have the right attitude. Now days with the internet you can learn so much from journals and respectful websites.
Does being a nutrition scientist catch your attention? Just wondering...

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2012, 06:46:35 PM »

Hello Janine,

Thank you for your encouraging words. I suppose, if someone finds inspiration then great.

My selfish mind isn't finding much comfort in that thought right now though but that's not your fault or anyone else's.

But I don't want to end on that note, I am very sensitive to your encouragements, kind words and never ceasing prayers for me. I can't thank you enough for that.

Moises,

I'm not sure, I never looked into it and to be honest my mind is still set on one thing. I'm a stubborn guy, the Lord made me stubborn whether it's for the better or worst remains to be seen. In some area's I suppose it can be a good thing because it keeps me striving and moving forward. I'm not one to accept defeat but again if the Lord wants me in another field or another area of the medical field than He's got to speak up and move me in that direction otherwise I'm going forward.

I always had the impression God wanted me to be a Dr. So i don't know what to say other than if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

I am taking nutritional biochem, I believe, next semester for my minor in chemistry with my B.S. of biology but that's up in the air and if I do take it, I highly doubt it will change my desire from wanting to help save lives to being more specifically involved in nutritional affairs only.

=]

cjwood

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2012, 12:43:18 AM »

hi alex.  i am sorry that you did not get the score you wanted.  i know you studied long and hard for your exam.  don't let discouragement root itself in your heart. 

i will pass on a couple of statements from a book i have which reminded me of you, and your "stubborn" desire to continue on your path of becoming a doctor;

"faith is the daring of the soul to go farther than it can see."
           "even if i knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, i would still plant my apple tree."

so, keep on going alex.  and most especially, keep on going to Christ for your strength and endurance.

claudia
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 12:45:33 AM by cjwood »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2012, 02:04:38 AM »

hi alex.  i am sorry that you did not get the score you wanted.  i know you studied long and hard for your exam.  don't let discouragement root itself in your heart. 

i will pass on a couple of statements from a book i have which reminded me of you, and your "stubborn" desire to continue on your path of becoming a doctor;

"faith is the daring of the soul to go farther than it can see."
           "even if i knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, i would still plant my apple tree."

so, keep on going alex.  and most especially, keep on going to Christ for your strength and endurance.

claudia

Claudia, thank you so much for the kind words. Those quotes were amazing. I love the one about faith. Thank you for sharing them with me. They are so very inspirational and I need a bit of inspiration.

I'm stubborn and it sucks but I figure if God wants me somewhere else, He is going to have to move me there because I sure as heck ain't going anywhere on my own except the only way I do know how to go which is forward down the same path.

I will by His grace, always move forward in Him.

Kindly,

Alex

Patric

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2012, 10:59:11 PM »

9 out 10 times or more.......I go kicking and screaming dragged.......my will is what I want....do you hear me? mine mine mine! LOL I can relate all too well....I wonder what is the will of the Father how do I submit to it if I am sure what I am doing is right?

I'm stubborn and it sucks but I figure if God wants me somewhere else, He is going to have to move me there because I sure as heck ain't going anywhere on my own except the only way I do know how to go which is forward down the same path.
I will by His grace, always move forward in Him.
(this was your quote lilitalienboi16 but I am not savvy enough to do the quote thing right I think here LOL)

:) I pray and end all prayers.....with thy will be done......for as I learned....I want it....but I don't wanna want it.......the things of the flesh that is.....but of course I want it! my sinful nature wants.....but the Spirit empowers us to over come.......we long and hope for what we do not have......after all who hopes for what he sees or already has? only a fool.....our hope is in being made in his image......and resurrected AMEN

ez2u

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2012, 10:01:02 PM »

will you be trying again?  peggy

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2012, 05:19:35 PM »

will you be trying again?  peggy

You bet ya! I'm not giving up! Only the Lord Almighty puts an end to this dream.

If you want to pray for me, i could always use it as I prepare to get back into study mode. I already started reviewing last night again and doing more practice problems. Kicking back into gear. I've found some inspiration and spiritual strength, I guess you could say, I feel invigerated to go at this again.

I know i've asked already so much of all of you already prayer wise so I won't ask again but if you do happen to remember me one night, please just ask the Lord to allow me to draw upon His strength and wisdom in all this and that His goodness fill my heart so that His will may be done.

The next exam is in January.. I was really looking forward to Italy this winter.. but that might just be cancelled again.. like my summer plans were canceled. Oh wellz, its worth it!

Duane

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2012, 04:46:38 PM »

It has been a JOY following you thru Medical school all these years.  I remember praying for you the MANY TIMES you had self-doubt and fortitude AND NOW--LOOK WHERE  IT'S GOTTEN YOU!
What if you had QUIT?  Where would you be now?  That is WHY it is soooo important to have a supportive B-T family behind you!  Someday you may even be able to help Samson with his knee problems!

Keep on--keeping on!  It will soon be behind you--and your struggles --- a vague memory!
In Christ,
Duane

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2012, 01:30:10 AM »

It has been a JOY following you thru Medical school all these years.  I remember praying for you the MANY TIMES you had self-doubt and fortitude AND NOW--LOOK WHERE  IT'S GOTTEN YOU!
What if you had QUIT?  Where would you be now?  That is WHY it is soooo important to have a supportive B-T family behind you!  Someday you may even be able to help Samson with his knee problems!

Keep on--keeping on!  It will soon be behind you--and your struggles --- a vague memory!
In Christ,
Duane

Thank you Duane! I'm glad I was able to share this little journey with you all. I don't think it's over and I'm glad I didn't quit. I am forever in the gratitude of all of you for having uplifted me so much throughout my studies. I certainly felt it, like I said before in this thread, I had never studied so hard in my life. I knew it was because of my Father and from the petition of many of you here.

It would be a dream and a blessing to be able to help Samson with his injury one day. To be able to help you all. I want to give aid to people regardless of whether they can afford it or not. I want to also open a bible study one day for those without hope, probably in a hospital like every Saturday. It's a bit ambitious as I'm so overwhelmed right now with research, and classes and then trying to stay involved here and get some time to spend with my loved ones but yea, it's always been a dream of mine.

Soon can't come quick enough! I would love to be over and done with this as many years of uncertainty lie ahead of me still. Such as retaking this exam. Worse comes to absolute worse, I'll probably end up going to a D.O. school though M.D. is still my dream and goal.

God bless,

Alex
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.