bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TWELVE GOD-GIVEN TRUTHS TO UNDERSTAND HIS WORD  (Read 6308 times)

Gina

TWELVE GOD-GIVEN TRUTHS TO UNDERSTAND HIS WORD
« on: June 22, 2012, 07:54:32 PM »

"None of the wicked shall understand; but the Wise shall understand" (Daniel 12:10)

. . .

These twelve spiritual truths are not just helpful in understanding God’s word; they are essential. Without them, you cannot understand anything spiritual in the Scriptures. To the degree that you deny or leave off one or more of them is the degree that your spiritual understanding diminishes. Apply them all, always, and you will see spiritual revelation like you never even thought possible.

http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm

(Emphasis added.)

acomplishedartis

Re: TWELVE GOD-GIVEN TRUTHS TO UNDERSTAND HIS WORD
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 12:39:02 PM »

That paper is one of my favorites.

I still coming back to it often. I wish I had better memory to memorize it all.

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 03:00:42 PM »

Reminds me of a scene in one of Ray's favorite movies, Amadeus:

"Displace one note, and there would be diminishment. Displace one phrase, and the structure would fall..."  8)

Gina

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 03:11:03 PM »

Reminds me of a scene in one of Ray's favorite movies, Amadeus:

"Displace one note, and there would be diminishment. Displace one phrase, and the structure would fall..."  8)

Beautiful.  (That is a great movie.)

http://youtu.be/A5BpzmTIZMU
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 03:47:59 PM by Gina »

newgene87

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 01:02:13 AM »

i will just ask this; is there a way i can get a "Twelve God Given Truths To Understand His Word for Dummies??" I've read the paper and the biggest principle i got is that the Scriptures are one big parable and to use two or three witnesses to prove a concept of truth; but other than that, i get a little lost on the other truths. Maybe, i get some headings, a commentary to his commentary  ;). but yea, the paper has potential to be my favorite (His teaching on Prayer is hands down for me); but i want to see the Scripture through the lens of this ENTIRE paper, and i just need a little help ;). Thanks  :D

Gina

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 06:01:59 AM »

This is all I've got:

James 1:5  If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to
all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

I found Ray's open letters to Hagee and Kennedy are a good base and launching pad for the rest of his site.

onelovedread

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 11:34:10 AM »

i will just ask this; is there a way i can get a "Twelve God Given Truths To Understand His Word for Dummies??" I've read the paper and the biggest principle i got is that the Scriptures are one big parable and to use two or three witnesses to prove a concept of truth; but other than that, i get a little lost on the other truths. Maybe, i get some headings, a commentary to his commentary  ;). but yea, the paper has potential to be my favorite (His teaching on Prayer is hands down for me); but i want to see the Scripture through the lens of this ENTIRE paper, and i just need a little help ;). Thanks  :D

newgene87

I've attempted to summarize "Twelve God Given Truths To Understand His Word for Dummies".

First of all bear in mind that I am probably one of the biggest dummies on this forum and am learning continually from Ray and all the 'big guns' here:-[ (you know yourselves, so I don't need to name names ;D)

That said, I am hoping that everyone will jump in and improve on this so that it will result in a really good 12 point summary.

But please believe me that nothing can compare with continuing to study and reflect on Ray's teaching, while asking God to open up your spiritual understanding.

Anyway here goes:

Whenever we approach the word of God we need to apply the following principles:

1. The natural always precedes the spiritual. We are first born mortal [physical], but in the resurrection God gives us immortality (the spiritual). For example, Adam and Eve were not made into the perfect spiritual image of God, but were made subject to ‘vanity’ (failure).

2. Jesus always spoke in parables as it was God’s will that no one understand until He grants them understanding. God’s plan involves calling many, but choosing out only a few. (If we understand one parable, then we have the key to all parables).

3. Neither the parables or the interpretation of the parables is literal. Understanding of the prophecies was not for the patriarchs of old or even the prophets, but for those who come after Christ.

4. Jesus is the prefigurement and fulfillment of all scriptures, Old and New Testament Jesus disciples did not quite get it after walking with Him for three years, and neither do we have a spiritual mind until Jesus gives us His very Own mind in the form of  His Holy Spirit. ( It will be useless therefore to approach the scriptures with our physical understanding only).

5. The Word is Spirit and life. Therefore a cursory reading of scriptures without spiritual discernment is of no use. The day that we fail to believe Jesus when He tells us that His words "are spirit," is the day that we will fail to understand anything spiritual. The words of Jesus are not to be taken literally, physically, materially, carnally. All of Jesus’ teachings are spiritual.

6.  We are to have at least a second scriptural witness to establish a Scriptural truth or doctrine.

7. The purpose for comparing spiritual with spiritual is to find a spiritual match. In this truth we will learn the need for those two witnesses to be a "spiritual match."

8. It is essential that we study the Old Testament Scriptures, for they are often the only key to the New Testament Scriptures and are for our own spiritual application.  If we cannot identify ourselves, personally, with all the stories and accounts in the Old Testament, then we have not even begun to overcome all the carnality that we are.

9. No Scripture is of its OWN interpretation. A Scripture cannot be its own interpretation when we are told to compare or match spiritual with spiritual. All Scripture is inspired, and all Scripture is true, but no one Scripture fully explains and interprets itself.

10. All is of God. All means all. God takes no pleasure or delight in His heart over the horrible things that continually happen to humanity, but nonetheless, these things are absolutely essential to the fulfillment of the plan that God has devised in His mind.
It is absolute blasphemy to think or teach that God is the Creator of all that is, but then takes zero responsibility for all the evils of that creation—All is of God.

11. The testimony of Jesus Christ does not change, and Christ Himself does not change, and therefore His dealings with humanity do not change, other than that there is coming a consummation of sin and death. Christ is not changed, but we will be changed to conform to the Image of Jesus Christ.

12. Every single person that has stopped growing, spiritually, begins to go backwards, loosing what light they may have possessed because they are no longer faithful to the Word and commandments of Almighty God. "My son, if you will receive my words, and hide [‘treasure’] My commandments with you… Then shall you understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom: out of His mouth comes knowledge and understanding" (Prov. 2:1, 5-6).

I hope this helps and that everyone will fix it where necessary.

Onelove

Gina

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 04:09:15 PM »

Everyone with a humble, teachable spirit can be used by God for a good work.

So John consider yourself used.

:-* :-)

lauriellen

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 09:53:43 PM »

thanks Onelove, that summary was great....i have read that article a few times and admit that it is a little hard for me to get straight. You did a great job of simplifying  for us.
lauri
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.