bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The KJV messes up FREE WILL interpretation  (Read 4613 times)

Duane

The KJV messes up FREE WILL interpretation
« on: June 23, 2012, 12:19:16 AM »

HOW can the King James Version lead so many people stray??
Unfortunately, in the King James version, the whole New Testament was geared for pleasing the theology of King James and the Church of England. TO do less, was to "lost your head" in a very real way!!

One of the problems in cultural intpretation of language is a prime example of the greek and American way of interpreting  the word "WILL".
About the ONLY place tht american's use the Greek interpretation fo the word "WILL" is in reference to a person's WILL at death.)
 Other than that, in he U.S.A.  a person "will or he won't" -- so "will" kind of takes on the meaning of  "wish".
 I "WILL with all my heart" to go to Disneyland--maybe, if---"

So the problem is that fundamentalists, if asked, "What does the Lord's Prayer MEAN when Jesus says: "Thy WILL be done, on earth as it is, in heaven"?   
No problem: "God RULES OVER ALL, and His WILL will be done on earth as it IS DONE in heaven".! PERIOD!!

Now ask the same fundamentalist, "What does 1 Tim. 2:4 mean when Jesus says: God is NOT WILLING that ANY should perish but that ALL should come to repentance"?
 The answer would be: "Jesus provides a way of salvation to ALL, and he WISHES that man in His FREE WILL will HAPPEN to CHOOSE the option in God's direction" -- if not MAN CHOOSES to reject Jesus and CHOOSES to go to HELL.

Well, what happened to "God is NOT WILLING"??   Ans:   Well, ya know, things "get taken out of context"--blah, blah, blah.

What does GOD say (not that it really makes a difference to them)
 John 15:16 "YOU did NOT choose ME but I CHOSE YOU ---
 John 14:6 "...NO MAN cometh to the Father EXCEPT thru ME..
 1 Peter 2:9 "YOU are a CHOSEN PEOPLE,  a CHOSEN GENERATION
 Romans 3:11 "There is NO ONE who understands and SEEKS me..."

So WHO seek WHOM??
Rev. 17:14, Acts 13:48, COl 1:21, etc. and NO Bible verse will ever make a difference if one believes that MAN's FREE WILL is God's fatal downfall-- that He just CAN'T "get around'--even with allGod's resources--Man's FREE WILL is God's Frankenstein!
Is everyone PREDESTINED TO GO TO HEAVEN OR HELL?  According to Armenians-- or is it Calvanists--who cares??

Gina

Re: The KJV messes up FREE WILL interpretation
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 12:42:22 AM »

Now you're seeing it, Duane.  Praise the Lord for opening your eyes to the truth.

Duane

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 02:37:04 AM »

Gina--thanks for the encouragement.  It took over two years of studying Ray's materials along with the KJV, NKJV, NIV, CLV (and hopefully soon, the YLV), Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, Julia Ferwerda's book "Raising Hell" and Jacson Baer's book
"What the Hell: How did they get it so wrong" and several quick reference guides, alot of prayer and angst--
AND FINALLY--it all fell together into place. 
So now I will spend the rest of my life on web-sites like "Friends of Ray", "The Christian Universalist", "The Reality of the Bible  "being examined" and sites where I can give people spiritual direction from what I learned from Ray and the B-T moderators.  I shy away from argument because as Ray said "a mind that's changed against it's will---is of the same opinion still!" BUT I welcome honest inquiries.
You've been a blessing to many, Gina!
In Christ,
Duane

Gina

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 04:53:52 AM »

:)

santikos

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 11:16:33 AM »

freewill puts  man on the throne. which carnal man does not want to be on the throne? Thank God he is in control

onelovedread

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 11:44:21 AM »

All carnal men HAVE to be on the throne (If not - constipation :'()

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 03:31:07 PM »

Not necessarily...this carnal man has gone many times out in the woods.  8)

doug

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 03:39:48 PM »

Not necessarily...this carnal man has gone many times out in the woods.  8)

YEP!! (I know all the wrong.... and all the right "leaves" to use)

Or is it leafs????  ;D
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 03:45:03 PM by doug »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 19 queries.