bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's In A Name?  (Read 4790 times)

Gina

What's In A Name?
« on: June 25, 2012, 01:22:50 PM »

Hopefully, no one will mind me starting up a new thread on the new article Solving the Enigma of God

What I'm getting out of Ray's latest paper is that it's not so much about how you spell the Hebrew name of Father.  And it's not so much about when He gave His Name to His Son (Who I refer to as Jesus since English is my language).  It's what's IN the name Jehovah/YHWH and Jesus.  WONDERFUL, COUNSELOR, MIGHTY GOD, EVERLASTING FATHER, PRINCE OF PEACE.  That's the Spirit behind the Name, and carries a lot of power with it.  And, all that power and authority works to bring glory to God (the Father AND Jesus). 

That's what's in (or what is backing) that Name.

And all who are given that Name (not just the family Name, but the attributes and characteristics associated with the Name) will bring glory to God because of the power behind the name. 

And that's how we will be glorified together with Jesus Christ as sons and daughters --

Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name BETTER than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name [Everlasting Father, Counselor, The Might God, Prince of Peace], that shall not be cut off.  (Isaiah 56:5)

Revelation 2:17 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it.

But even then, we have to be granted the ability to receive (believe) and overcome.

Does anyone not see it that way?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 01:24:55 PM by Gina »

eagle

Re: What's In A Name?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 07:16:10 PM »

Just did a small study, and this stood out:

Esa 18:7  In that time shall the present be brought unto the LORD of hosts of a people scattered and peeled, and from a people terrible from their beginning hitherto; a nation meted out and trodden under foot, whose land the rivers have spoiled, to the place of the name of the LORD of hosts, the mount Zion.

Does the name of God have a place? The above Scripture says so, and the name is mount Zion. Reminds me of Ray´s teaching, that we are the heavens: Excerpt from 'What is the Gospel of the Kingdom?' (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6142.0.html):

HEAVEN OF THE HEAVENS

So what is the kingdom?   We are the kingdom of God.  We are the kingdom of the heavens. 
Where does God reside?  In heaven.  God resides in heaven, but it is not called the kingdom of heaven in the Greek, you can check Rotherham and all those, it’s kingdom of the heavens, plural.  We are the temple of God.  God resides in His temple God resides in heaven.  We are the heaven in which God resides, where He dwells.
But don’t get to haughty, because the Scriptures say, not even all the heaven of the heavens can contain Him.

2Chron 6:18  …Behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain You.  How much less this temple which I have built!

Zion means a "sunny place" in hebrew. That sounds good  :)

The scripture you quoted Gina from Isaiah 56:5 has a spiritual match in
Revelations 14:1 where mount Zion is also mentioned

And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty [and] four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

newgene87

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 07:50:24 PM »

*raising my hand in the back of the class* I GET IT! I GET!  :D :D

i do get it cause a name does carry an influence for all who are associated with it and attached to it. Names AND titles, since the word "God" is a title (right???) which can be used as a name. My point is, it relates to the Military, and i'm in the Army and it's like my Commander. That's her title, or her office as our "Commander"...and her name Lewis. She's also known as, because of her RANK, Lieutenant Colonel Lewis. Now: we have a "Title" - "Office" - "Rank" and "Name". They all hold power for those under her and she is in Charge. so the "name" she has (which in scripture can also be interchangeable with the title, rank and office) -  the name she has holds influence wherever we are cause we're under her. She could be Commander Lewis, Lieutenant Colonel Lewis, Colonel Lewis, or "whatever her first name is" ... Lewis   ;). sounds like 4 to 5 different people; but ALL in the name and title and the influence it holds behind it. Reputation back up a name, identity and power.

That enlightens my grasp on "God" or Elohim, how we see "the LORD" God or "Jehovah" God, or the Lord (Adonai) Jehovah --- and how that leads us to JESUS (Jehovah our savior), anointed one (Christ), how their all the same and relates to us; and all in all - reveals his Hand in His Creation and His work. His name (or title, or even office, or even Rank, cause he's GOD  8)) is FIRST revealed in the first verse of the Bible and that's what BACKS His name. "In the beginning GOD created, shaped, formed, cut, dispatched, selects, feeds..." ALL THAT. So even when we come to Jesus, He's still creating, shaping, forming, cutting, etc etc. He's still, GOD, working and doing what He does for His creation; and Salvation is readily revealed after creating man and regarding His work, "the works were finished from the foundation of the world" (Hebrews 4:3) and the Lamb was slain from the foundation of the world - Our Gods' name hold so much in it. And yes, Jesus came to "declare" and "unfold" God, being in the "bosom of the Father" (John 1:18). yet another Enigma; but revelation is still in HIS NAME and what He's done, what he's doing, and what he's going to do :). Blessed be His name  :D :D

acomplishedartis

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 11:07:15 AM »

It's what's IN the name Jehovah/YHWH and Jesus.  WONDERFUL, COUNSELOR, MIGHTY GOD, EVERLASTING FATHER, PRINCE OF PEACE.  That's the Spirit behind the Name, and carries a lot of power with it.  And, all that power and authority works to bring glory to God (the Father AND Jesus). 

That's what's in (or what is backing) that Name.

Gina!
''The Spirit behind the Name''     I like that.

I think that a good example to understand this concept can be a ''clothing brand''. A shirt with a respectfull 'brand name'' would cost you more than the same shirt with out the 'brand name' on the tag. So sometimes what we are buying the most is the 'Spirit behind the name'. It takes time to build a 'brand-name'. At the end it's something invisible that you can't really see if you don't know about the brand, but if you know, you will realize that something ''invisible'' as the 'spirit behind the name' it's something very real since it can get so expensive, You know... Spiritual things are the real deal!
Yes, what matters is,
''The Spirit behind the Name''

Gina

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 12:32:51 PM »

Yeah, but it's more than that to me.   It's not just a name or the spirit behind the name.  It's God giving us same the power and authority that He gave Jesus to work miracles.

John 14:12  "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father.

But Jesus never, ever let that power and authority go to his head.  He never abused that power.  Ray spoke with authority of God too; and look at how our lives have changed and are continuing to change.  He didn't do all that to bring praise to himself, but to God.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.