bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What God can do  (Read 13623 times)

Revilonivek

What God can do
« on: June 26, 2012, 09:14:32 PM »

http://youtu.be/EDNEV9EW06g

http://youtu.be/2LUQVzerseI

As inspired by our recent conversation in  solving the enigma of God thread. God was dealing with me the last few days given my recent behavior about wanting to know and understand everything.  It is truly amazing that God knows when to deal with me and what was needed to help me understand.  I am deeply humbled by what he showed me. I will share what God showed me. I hope this helps you too.

The Bible is right. We can't expect our mind to understand everything about God in this earthly mind and life. The video link is just  glimpse of what he can do. Did u know that there are suns out there billions/trillions times bigger than our sun? I saw bettleguise, a sun,  and that is like 7 billion times bigger than our sun.  It just shows how insignificant we are and our lives are. Life is so short and there's bigger things out there than we are. It's amazing really. Just relax and live life.

Focus on overcoming ourselves, it's so little God asks us to do and he knows how hard it is for us. That is why he goes easy on us as we should go easy on others who aren't there yet. There are much bigger things God the father and son family wants to show us. Wr just need to evolve from our carnal self first.  Its so little, yet so much so God starts small with us. It'd amazing really.

We will be part of his family eventually and be able to see whats out there that no mind has ever seen.   

I'm definitely humbled by it. Its huge.  We are that insignificant, yet God loves us to the core of his soul or spirit.  It is that amazing.

I want to apologize for my recent behavior. It could have been better and thank you all for being patient with me. I am grateful for it.

Denise
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 09:20:04 PM by Revilonivek »

Gina

Re: What God can do
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 10:16:30 PM »

Aw, Denise   

Thank you for the links.  I love stuff like that.  How thoughtful. 

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 12:23:29 AM »

Yes Denise,
Thanks for the video of our solar system and galaxy.

Ever wonder whether mankind will, during the time Lord Jesus is ruling on earth, continue to explore outer space? I mean think about what we understand the purpose of life on earth to be. Why do we need to have satellites in orbit around the earth? Is it for protection from the Russian ICBM rockets?
Well we won't have to worry about that while Lord Jesus is in charge. Is it for reflecting a TV signal from the earth to TV receivers around the globe? Is it for weather prediction? Well we won't need that when Lord Jesus is ruling, will we? We will all be either teaching or learning righteousness, right?

Actually how much of our electronic inventions and weapons of defense do we actually need to live?
Are we going to continue shipping fruits and vegetables by airplane or ships of the sea from the Southern hemisphere to the Northern hemisphere when Lord Jesus is ruling? Why???

Just wondering out loud, I-bob

newgene87

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 12:42:22 AM »

Truly, the scripture stands true: "When I consider your heavens, the work of your FINGERS, the moon and the stars, which you have ordained; What is man {or how insignificant is man} that you are mindful of him? and the son of man, that you visit him?" (Psalm 8:3-4). So truly, when we see beyong us; even we consider our own insignificance. and Scripture tells us, "Jehovah our Lord has set HIS GLORY ABOVE the heavens." (Psalm 8:1). What a blessing it is that this Great God is even mindful of us and intimately inclined to those who believe on His great name; even though His Glory and Majestic reaches far beyond the eye and even any invention man can create. no doubt, Our God does WONDEROUS things.

Revilonivek

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 01:23:58 AM »

Good Question Indianabob,

I wonder if there will be  any sports of any kind playing during God's reign?  Will we need tv, musicians, or books that talks about all kind of things? Will we be able to make art of any kind?  Bible is clear that God hates graven images that replace God's Love on earth. Will we still be able to explore the universe while God's reign is here? Would we still have to be limited to a planet or be unlimited to go anywhere to explore? Will we still be limited as we are now? stuck and need science to make discoveries or will we be more free than that? Maybe we'll be able to teleport to anywhere in the universe? Maybe we can teleport to any nation with a whim of a thought? Would we be able to heal with no need of a doctor? It is hard to fathom what it would be like esp when we will be given new bodies that is not corrupt like the bodies we have now. I think God can be something experienced rather than a man with a scepter in the sky. God is Love, right?

Scriptures say We would experience God's reign on earth when Jerusalem is restored. I don't think the kingdom of God is a location where you go to enter.. I think it's more of something you experience in the midst of you.. like for example, people have experienced life in the kingdom of  King Nephbarazzar, pharoah khufu, Ra, Nefertiti, Cleopatra, all kings, queens and presidents that we have had. They are equivalent to kingdoms, we've suffered through them all, throughout history. I think the kingdom of God is accessible already we just don't see it yet.  I think it just means it is accessible but we just don't go into it because we don't understand what it is. I think it's a reign... reign of God on earth is equalivent to peace all over the earth. peace all over the nation. You just have to access it. You've heard of Golden Age, Dark Ages, Modern Age, It's like that.. God's Age. God's AGE is equivalent to Peace all over and throughout all nations, all nations united into one and all of them peaceful and happy at same time. You enter into God's kingdom when you overcome yourself in the here and now because that means you live in peace with yourself. I'm still trying to make sense of it myself too.

Here’s something else Jesus said about the present kingdom:
“But if it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come to you” (Matt 12:28).

Jesus also said:
“The kingdom of God is not coming with things that can be observed; nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There it is!’ For, in fact, the kingdom of God is among you” (Luke 17:20-21).

Jesus is not saying to the Pharisees that the kingdom is in their hearts, but that it is in their midst. Where Jesus is doing the work of God, there is God’s kingdom.

Jesus was not saying to the Pharisees that the kingdom of God is in their hearts. Rather, the kingdom was among them because they were in the presence of Jesus himself. get it? It's like Jesus was saying to the pharisees that the kingdom of God is already among them and they just don't see it. It is something experienced among the people.

Here's what Jesus said.. he said in a sense that overcomers are like parts of the kingdom of God that began with the size of a mustard seed of this world that grew into a plants. it is the kingdom of God growing as more mustard seed grows.  if that makes sense? as several mustard seeds grows, it grows into plants, then it plants to other people' hearts and so on.  First thing first, people start going under the plants to thrive and eventually mustard seed gets planted there and they grow into plants too.  It means blind eyes are opened, when deaf ears hear, when demons are cast out, when the hungry are fed, when sinners are forgiven,  That means the kingdom of God is truly present on earth. Yet it’s relatively small right now  and won’t reach its full, glorious extent until later. That is God's reign on Earth when it reaches its full extent. Maybe?

Mark 4:30-32
King James Version (KJV)
30 And he said, Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God? or with what comparison shall we compare it?

31 It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth:

32 But when it is sown, it groweth up, and becometh greater than all herbs, and shooteth out great branches; so that the fowls of the air may lodge under the shadow of it.

Of course, Jesus was telling them not to wait for the big day in the future but to live as if the kingdom of God is already here. I wonder what that AGE will be like once God's reign is experienced all over the earth or rather, a new earth? I am sure it will be enormous or the same as this one.  As scripture say there will be a new heaven and a new earth. Nothing is impossible to God. We've already saw bigger suns that's billions times bigger than our sun. I am sure there are alot bigger suns than that somewhere. We are that insignfiant, yet God takes an interest in us. I am humbled, indeed.  we are as insignificant as the ants or rather, microbes... or an atom, the smallest of all elements.. Imagine... It's awesome.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 01:41:04 AM by Revilonivek »

Gina

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 04:16:07 AM »

You've heard of Golden Age, Dark Ages, Modern Age, It's like that.. God's Age. God's AGE is equivalent to Peace all over and throughout all nations, all nations united into one and all of them peaceful and happy at same time. You enter into God's kingdom when you overcome yourself in the here and now because that means you live in peace with yourself. I'm still trying to make sense of it myself too.

Here’s something else Jesus said about the present kingdom:
“But if it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come to you” (Matt 12:28).

Jesus also said:
“The kingdom of God is not coming with things that can be observed; nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There it is!’ For, in fact, the kingdom of God is among you” (Luke 17:20-21).

Jesus is not saying to the Pharisees that the kingdom is in their hearts, but that it is in their midst. Where Jesus is doing the work of God, there is God’s kingdom.

Jesus was not saying to the Pharisees that the kingdom of God is in their hearts. Rather, the kingdom was among them because they were in the presence of Jesus himself. get it? It's like Jesus was saying to the pharisees that the kingdom of God is already among them and they just don't see it. It is something experienced among the people.

Here's what Jesus said.. he said in a sense that overcomers are like parts of the kingdom of God that began with the size of a mustard seed of this world that grew into a plants. it is the kingdom of God growing as more mustard seed grows.  if that makes sense? as several mustard seeds grows, it grows into plants, then it plants to other people' hearts and so on.  First thing first, people start going under the plants to thrive and eventually mustard seed gets planted there and they grow into plants tooIt means blind eyes are opened, when deaf ears hear, when demons are cast out, when the hungry are fed, when sinners are forgiven,  That means the kingdom of God is truly present on earth. Yet it’s relatively small right now  and won’t reach its full, glorious extent until later. That is God's reign on Earth when it reaches its full extent. Maybe?

I don't know about anyone else, but I get it. 

santikos

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 12:27:36 PM »

God told the Earth to be and it was so,  he told the heavens, all planets and such, to be, and they obeyed. He told the water to stop and it obeyed. He tells man " I am in control" man says NO!, I, with my free will, am in control of what i do!!

Revilonivek

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 12:45:19 PM »

God told the Earth to be and it was so,  he told the heavens, all planets and such, to be, and they obeyed. He told the water to stop and it obeyed. He tells man " I am in control" man says NO!, I, with my free will, am in control of what i do!!

Lol. Even German scientists are now admitting that there are no free will because everything are made of chemical reactions. Everything requires chemical reaction to make something occur. Nervous systems cant occur eithout chemical reactions either. So for a thought to be formed, it must be started by chemical reactions first. So really everything has a chemical reaction and nothing is done without chemical reactions.  In order for us to create a thought. Chemical reactions must start that thought. Maybe the world will catch on that eventually.  :) Everything obeys but chemcial reactions can either be stable or unstable. We are just the unstable ones right now. Even solar systems are run by chemical reactions but eventually with time and age and other chemical reactions, they become unstable and spin off course. Same concept. We will  be stable one day.

indianabob

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 01:28:17 PM »

Speaking of God and Chemical reactions:
Our sun, the source of heat and electrons/photons that are morphed into fruit and vegetables by photo-synthesis is burning out; slowly but surely unless it is re-generated. How big would it have been 100 million years ago when scientist say life on the earth began?
The orbit of the earth is one year or 360 days. Yes it has slowed down to 365 over time, but....
The orbit of the Moon around the earth is 30 days. Was that an accident or is a month supposed to be a time indicator?
Humans have eight fingers + two thumbs and that adds up to the decimal system of counting.
For shoe less rural folks there are an additional ten toes so they can count to twenty. Accident? Or did God want us to learn the decimal system of counting?
The lower animals often drop/birth their offspring and have them walking the same day or soon after.
Humans have to take months and years of intensive, loving care to prepare their offspring for independent life on this planet. Accident or wise plan?
Humans, who are born self important and thinking they know better than their creator what is good; are allowed to age and wrinkle and stiffen up over their lifetime to teach them that it is appointed unto every man once to die (physically & spiritually) so that they hopefully plan for their demise. Accident or wise plan?
Every eventuality and every possibility is accounted for. Even our human inventions were gifted to certain of us over time, when our Creator decided that the time was right. Men knew that they could fly in the air millennia ago, but they didn't develop the means until the time was right. God is sovereign.

GaryK

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 02:06:05 PM »

Good Question Indianabob,

I wonder if there will be  any sports of any kind playing during God's reign? 

Yes, there will be the KFL (Kingdom Football League)

John Madden will be eternal commissioner.   

Mike Dikta and Jack Lambert will officiate all games, to keep it 'heavenly'.

Some of the teams:

Tampa Bay Archangels (Mike Alstott will return)

Florida State Power and Authorities (yes, they will be that good)

Atlanta Were-demons (they will be defeated continuously)

Dallas Golden Hairs (Jimmy Johnson returns as coach)

Kansas City Seraphims (must have competition)

New Orleans S-cain’ts (as usual)

Just to name a few.

No, I have no scripture.

Gina

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 02:48:35 PM »

he he

Gina

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 02:05:21 AM »

Denise:  Are you trying to say the Kingdom is among us?

In hindsight and in spirit that's how I interpret what you said. :)

It's like your Father paid you a visit a day or so ago.  It's like you guys chatted up a storm and you were completely honest with Him about yourself.  And as a "thank you"
He appears to have given you a little present.  Looks like the one you've been wanting all this time.

Now you see with your own eyes how God opens up a person's understanding when they begin to believe Him.  You used some really good scripture backup too by the way and put your thoughts together pretty nicely for after all you've just been through. 

And all because you did exactly what you're telling us to do -- you  "overcame yourself." 

It's not easy to do!  But you're right -- God's only asking a little of us knowing He's got something major in store for us later.  But that's what Paul meant when he said we have to go through these "light and momentary" afflictions.  But that's nothing to be compared with what God has in store for us.  As you yourself see.

"But you have to overcome yourself" he he!!  We just have to get over ourselves.  ha -- I love that.

And just like an adult you come back to the forum all excited to tell your friends and family how very sorry you are and share what God and you have been talking about in spirit.  Which I'm thrilled to hear.  At first, I was like, oh boy, here we go aginnnn.... ;)

But from my vantage point I'm pretty sure what I'm seeing from you is, something like the entire Sistine Chapel (the Kingdom / AGE of God) on the head of a pin (in the space provided for your post).  ( They laughed at Jesus too.)

It's clear to me you and God talk -- your communication style gives you away:  "I understand best when I'm using analogies, Gina.  Please be patient with me..."  And it occurs to me that analogies are like parables.  And we all know how God just loves, loves, LOVES parables. ;D)   

I know them in "here."  I don't like it when some people don't get what I'm saying. But that's part of "boot camp" (judgment) I guess.  We'll have to be able to handle people's unbelief just like Jesus did.  Some are gonna laugh, others will be jealous, others are gonna say all manner of evil against us.  "If they hated Me they'll hate you."  No student is greater than His teacher.  Good thing if you like sports -- you're like halfway there. (I'm terrible at sports, or couldn't you tell? ;) )

God's like, "Hey, Denise, Thanks for being honest with Me.  Here's a little gift for you.  Love you! Dad"

;D

Your posts lit up my soul.

As for sporting events in the Kingdom -- I don't know but I can see how you'd wonder about that, especially if you like sports.  You won't be bored in the Kingdom, that's for sure ! 

And you're wondering if there'll be a need for doctors in the age to come.  Well, here's what I think -- you said you got a little unstable there for a while, right?  But you get that God has the ability to steady stars with a Word, so why not people?  Just like Jesus did -- with a Word.  That's basically what healing (salvation) is right -- stabilizing things, so to speak. 

I know some are gonna think I'm taking liberties here, but I believe, just like Jesus, those who he gives his power to will have that kind of power and authority to simply speak a word and change people's lives for the better (and it won't go to their heads because their focus will be on bringing glory to God; not themselves--but they will definitely share in His glory and it'll be exciting).

I believe all this will make a lot more sense to us later down the road.  But I love what you've shared.  This was a fun post and not boring to me at all.

:)  You're an absolute joy to read.

Love,
Gina

(I tried to keep this short, gk.  Oh what can I say? I failed again.  :P)

gmik

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 12:31:20 PM »

Denise.., thanks for the links..the 2nd was amazing...

..How can the universe be SO big??? and WHY???....I start wondering what God's purpose was to create something that mind boggling.....

On the other subject in this thread:  I hate it  when at a funeral the preacher says something like Oh, he is in the heavenly golf course now, (or just insert your favorite hobby), looking down at us.... At a wedding a couple weeks ago, the  bride mentioned her dceased father in heaven as in a train station looking down (cuz he loved trains)!

I hope "heaven" isn't as mundane as "earth" is....I think at the culmination "when God is All in All" there is going to be no comparison to our life on this planet....hope not anyway...

Kat

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 01:38:45 PM »

The creation of this earth alone is a marvel on innumerable levels. But when you extend of the entire universe and see the spectacular vastness... well it just shows the grandeur of our God all the more. And consider that all the cosmos is His creation and yet He is far greater in every way.

1Kings 8:27  But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Behold, the heavens and the heaven of heavens cannot contain You. How much less this house which I have built?

2Ch 2:6  But who is able to build him a house, since heaven, even highest heaven, cannot contain him? Who am I to build a house for him, except as a place to make offerings before him?

mercy, peace and love
Kat

cjwood

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 05:59:35 PM »

and that is why our Father Creator did not say, "and it was so" after He created man and woman!  because it was NOT so with humanity.  humanity at the end of it ALL, will be so.  creating is He, humanity in the image of Elohim.  everything else created was so.  humanity is STILL being created.  into the eventual image of Jehovah the Son, as He is in the image of Jehovah His Father.

wow!  just, WOW!!

claudia
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 06:02:16 PM by cjwood »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 01:55:41 AM »

I am absolutely stupified.. I'm in absolute AWE.

WOW! WOW WOW WOW!

God... You are.. beyond words, beyond description and I feel SO TINY compared to your AWESOMENESS! :< True story!
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Revilonivek

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 01:53:00 PM »

Speaking of God and Chemical reactions:
Our sun, the source of heat and electrons/photons that are morphed into fruit and vegetables by photo-synthesis is burning out; slowly but surely unless it is re-generated. How big would it have been 100 million years ago when scientist say life on the earth began?
The orbit of the earth is one year or 360 days. Yes it has slowed down to 365 over time, but....
The orbit of the Moon around the earth is 30 days. Was that an accident or is a month supposed to be a time indicator?
Humans have eight fingers + two thumbs and that adds up to the decimal system of counting.
For shoe less rural folks there are an additional ten toes so they can count to twenty. Accident? Or did God want us to learn the decimal system of counting?
The lower animals often drop/birth their offspring and have them walking the same day or soon after.
Humans have to take months and years of intensive, loving care to prepare their offspring for independent life on this planet. Accident or wise plan?
Humans, who are born self important and thinking they know better than their creator what is good; are allowed to age and wrinkle and stiffen up over their lifetime to teach them that it is appointed unto every man once to die (physically & spiritually) so that they hopefully plan for their demise. Accident or wise plan?
Every eventuality and every possibility is accounted for. Even our human inventions were gifted to certain of us over time, when our Creator decided that the time was right. Men knew that they could fly in the air millennia ago, but they didn't develop the means until the time was right. God is sovereign.

Hi Indianabob,

Sorry it took me a while to respond. I wanted to wait till I got some time to write... I was simply saying that we dont' exactly have free will, because chemical reactions controls every move we make... we can't control chemical reactions. Right now We just have unstable chemical reactions. we will have stable chemical reactions one day. we just need the right ingredients to make it more stable. make sense? 

About the animals, we all come from one source.. we are just variations of that same source. God gave us a part of himself, This  is why we are intelligent beings :) It's no accident. :) Don't be surprised  one day if animals decide to talk one day and take over the world like the Ape planet movie ;) all because, thanks to scientists,  who gave them something that worked with their DNA  that consequently gave them super intelligence. :) Nothing's impossible but quite unlikely though..

Planets in this solar system has orbitals that orbits around the sun just like protons and electrons orbits around an atom.  They obey extremely well,  it's an interesting fact that everything seems to run in circles. :) anyway...  with atoms, we know that there are Protons or Electrons that don't always obey,  they go off track- they're called free radicals. They're the bad ones that cause damages. they bounce everywhere and not being able to hold on to something.. Even solar systems experience them at one point with one or two planets. Our solar system did long time ago by crashing into other planets  and possibly one day again in the future. scientists think that is what happened to our moon.. when it crashed into earth  at a time  before earth had the ability  to support life. There's alot of examples of unstable behavior  in the universe where they don't' always obey. They do obey, but not always. But when they do obey, there's peace among all the planets or atoms, or people, or whatever level you want to use. wherever everyone obeys, there's harmony.

Same thing applies to us... right now we are just the unstable ones, we will eventually obey.

Did you know the universe that you know contains an infinite number of planetary systems, stars, planets and galaxies and outside of the universe you know there are infinite numbers of other universes with planetary systems, stars, planets and galaxies that also hold life. I am sure there are other worlds out there somewhere that holds life or is about to birth a new world with ability to hold life. I mean, God created this world and everything in it, heavens of heavens of heavens... a huge matrix.. Look at us. we are here, after finding so many failed planets in this solar system and nearby ones. There are too many planets out there in this galaxy and we haven't found them all yet. There are also other galaxies out there. God is constantly creating everything and why do you think God stops with us? Maybe he wants many worlds, more children, and so on?

We just live in the one solar system that happened to have a planet capable of supporting life. Don't be too surprised if one of these days during your lifetime, an alien decides to visit you LOL... just kidding.. Just saying.. don't throw out the possibility that there are other worlds out there somewhere.

this Universe is way too big for just one world... and God's made universes.... Imagine his power and creative ability to create..  Everything that happened here on earth... of course God gave it the right conditions so we can thrive, so other animals can thrive, and so that the earth can thrive for a long time, yes. It's not an accdent but I don't think we're the only world out in the entire universe or universes for that matter.

Gina

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 03:10:40 PM »

Don't be too surprised if one of these days during your lifetime, an alien decides to visit you LOL... just kidding.. Just saying.. don't throw out the possibility . . ..

I love it.   I certainly won't throw out the possibility. 

Exodus 22:21 "Do not mistreat an alien or oppress him, for you were aliens in Egypt.

Check!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leviticus 19:34 The alien living with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Check!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deuteronomy 10:18 He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the alien, giving him food and clothing.

Psalm 10:18 defending the fatherless and the oppressed, in order that man, who is of the earth, may terrify no more.

Psalm 68:5 A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

Psalm 147:6 The LORD sustains the humble but casts the wicked to the ground.

Proverbs 15:25 The LORD tears down the proud man's house but he keeps the widow's boundaries intact.

James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Denise you're such a doll. Love reading your posts.   :)

doug

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2012, 06:40:45 PM »

Did you know the universe that you know contains an infinite number of planetary systems, stars, planets and galaxies and outside of the universe you know there are infinite numbers of other universes with planetary systems, stars, planets and galaxies that also hold life. I am sure there are other worlds out there somewhere that holds life or is about to birth a new world with ability to hold life.

this Universe is way too big for just one world... and God's made universes.... Imagine his power and creative ability to create..  Everything that happened here on earth... of course God gave it the right conditions so we can thrive, so other animals can thrive, and so that the earth can thrive for a long time, yes. It's not an accdent but I don't think we're the only world out in the entire universe or universes for that matter.

Denise, Hey!

I, like a lot of folks on this site (as was Ray) are interested in the beyond.... the out there....

I have enjoyed reading your "take" on this matter... concept.... idea.... whatever you want to call it!  :)

I have also wondered if you have ever thought about this concept... as I imagine you have... because you are an imaginative thinker  :)  and would like to hear your input!   :)

I am showing four verses where I believe God has shown us that there are certainly "principalities & powers" on the earth (the physical powers that rule over nations), in the spiritual world (angels and demons), and in the heavenlies (those "beings" in His creation that we haven't seen as yet).  That's what I would like to talk about..... those beings "out there", in the heavenlies.

What I have imagined is that since God has all kinds of attributes (some in the names He calls Himself), beings in the heavenlies really don't know what God's attributes are.  I mean, it's one thing to say what you are, but unless one demonstrates who and what you are, then they don't have a clue.  Take for instance, love.  God is love.  Well, o.k. then what is it?  I would assume that those beings have never seen it, so then, they don't really know what love is.  Or again for example, good and evil.  What is it?  It has to be demonstrated to know exactly what it is.  That is what He is showing in us humans,(thru Christ) and I believe, unbeknownst to us, He is also demonstrating it to the principalities and powers "out there" in the heavenlies!  How else would they know if God wasn't showing them also?  These are just my thots of course!  :-\

Ephesians 3:10 makes it clear that indeed there are other beings in heavenly places and that God is showing them His wisdom:

1.Ephesians 3:10
 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places,

2. Ephesians 6:12
 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

3.Colossians 1:16
 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

4.Colossians 2:15
 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.

I am just curious Denise as to your thots as to what I have commented and if you have ever wondered the same thing.

as a side note.... have you ever read the old 1980's book THIS PRESENT DARKNESS by Frank Peretti ?  That book influenced me somewhat on the evil darkness around us.  It was just a fictional novel but quite captivating!  ;)

doug

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 07:02:14 PM by doug »

Revilonivek

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2012, 11:45:51 PM »

Did you know the universe that you know contains an infinite number of planetary systems, stars, planets and galaxies and outside of the universe you know there are infinite numbers of other universes with planetary systems, stars, planets and galaxies that also hold life. I am sure there are other worlds out there somewhere that holds life or is about to birth a new world with ability to hold life.

Denise, Hey!

I, like a lot of folks on this site (as was Ray) are interested in the beyond.... the out there....

I have enjoyed reading your "take" on this matter... concept.... idea.... whatever you want to call it!  :)

I have also wondered if you have ever thought about this concept... as I imagine you have... because you are an imaginative thinker  :)  and would like to hear your input!   :)

I am showing four verses where I believe God has shown us that there are certainly "principalities & powers" on the earth (the physical powers that rule over nations), in the spiritual world (angels and demons), and in the heavenlies (those "beings" in His creation that we haven't seen as yet).  That's what I would like to talk about..... those beings "out there", in the heavenlies.

What I have imagined is that since God has all kinds of attributes (some in the names He calls Himself), beings in the heavenlies really don't know what God's attributes are.  I mean, it's one thing to say what you are, but unless one demonstrates who and what you are, then they don't have a clue.  Take for instance, love.  God is love.  Well, o.k. then what is it?  I would assume that those beings have never seen it, so then, they don't really know what love is.  Or again for example, good and evil.  What is it?  It has to be demonstrated to know exactly what it is.  That is what He is showing in us humans,(thru Christ) and I believe, unbeknownst to us, He is also demonstrating it to the principalities and powers "out there" in the heavenlies!  How else would they know if God wasn't showing them also?  These are just my thots of course!  :-\

Ephesians 3:10 makes it clear that indeed there are other beings in heavenly places and that God is showing them His wisdom:

1.Ephesians 3:10
 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places,

2. Ephesians 6:12
 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

3.Colossians 1:16
 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

4.Colossians 2:15
 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.

I am just curious Denise as to your thots as to what I have commented and if you have ever wondered the same thing.

as a side note.... have you ever read the old 1980's book THIS PRESENT DARKNESS by Frank Peretti ?  That book influenced me somewhat on the evil darkness around us.  It was just a fictional novel but quite captivating!  ;)

doug

Doug-

I definitely need to read that book and get back to you. It looks interesting! I don't think we would ever understand what God is, but I would be safe to say it is something perfect that we experience.. All that is Good that we experience... but I know God is much more than that...So far all we understand is his spiritual footsteps, not Him as a whole.  It's hard to understand God until you have all the knowledge that there is to understand God.  The scriptures you provided confirms something we all struggle with already whether invisible or visible.rather than about other worlds.

I wouldn't be surprised since there are examples in the bible, such,as Satan led David to number Israel, but God said he let it happen as a way to punish Israel, then there's Job where satan tortured but God let it happen to teach Job and to prove to Satan wrong.I know God works with mother nature and environment to influence people.

I think these scriptures are simply saying that we cannot look up to governments, church organizations, or other institutions of any types for salvation. Many people are dependent on these,  these are powers, whether it is invisible to them, or visible to them.   I noticed the wording heavenly places but in some translations, they say high places?  as to say that there are powers that you cannot control that influences your daily lives maybe?  I would say We live in a world that is invested with spiritual significance. a principality, is something over which human beings have little or no control, whether, they are  visible or invisible. visible or invisible as in saying, known or unknown powers to you.. make sense?

Jesus said he will reign until all of these are subdued including death.

God is claiming he created them all...Good and evil dominions, all kinds of prinicipiality for a purpose. That's scary to me, especially for those who endure through these evil dominions. Tablian, insquitions, salem, and so on. We have heard many stories of those in high places where they abused their power on the people all the time..  That's hard indeed.  because people certainly don't deserve to endure through those periods. 

The bible seems to be focused and centered on Earth only.  I would definitely love to get a bible on the rest of the universe, or rather what God says about universes out there... All in due time, right? scriptures already say there are dominons in heavens and earth.. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more planets out there teeming with life, as well.

1 Corinthians 2:6

King James Version (KJV)

6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

1 Corinthians 15:24-26

King James Version (KJV)

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

Notice the wording.... Jesus must reign on earth UNTIL he puts all enemies under his feet. interesting how it was worded..notice the wording, delivered up the kingdom  to God, as to say Jesus will not deliver until  the kingdom is complete... The kingdom of God is still at work on earth... It will be delivered to the father when all things are subdued under God. I would say Earth has a long way to go... LOL

Ephesians 1:20-21

King James Version (KJV)

20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

Ephesians 3:9-10

King James Version (KJV)

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

He admits the Truth was hidden from them for ages on PURPOSE but there will be a time where He reveals the TRUTH to them..I can't wait for that!!!! The Earth needs to be liberated so bad!! it's been too long! :)

Ephesians 6:12

King James Version (KJV)

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places

Colossians 1:16

King James Version (KJV)

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

This scripture seems to show that there are dominions created in the heavens and earth... so I wouldn't be surprised that Earth's not the only planet with life.. :)

Colossians 2:15

King James Version (KJV)15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

That would be great.... no more abusive powers  that controls the people with fear...

Denise

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.