bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Neighborhood on Fire  (Read 6097 times)

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Neighborhood on Fire
« on: June 27, 2012, 12:52:48 AM »

Dear Brother and sisters,
 We live in Colorado Springs and if you're looking at the news you know the moutains are up in flames. We've had to evacuate today and we just have to wait and see if our house will stand or not. We are safe, but the community itself it in grave danger.
 I don't want our house to burn down, but mostly I want my dear husband to not be despondent and I want to remember that my treasure is heavenly and not in the earthly possessions I've collected for fifty years.
 Please pray. I miss Ray's kind words in times like this.
 Much Love,
Patriica

cjwood

Re: Neighborhood on Fire
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 01:50:09 AM »

patricia, i have been praying for mercy for all those in line of the horrible fires.  so devastating.  i can hardly watch the coverage anymore because it is all so sad to me.  i ask our Lord to cause something to change so that all of these fires be extinguished, that you and yours stay safe, and that your home be spared.

claudia

ez2u

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 02:02:21 AM »

your family is in my prayer and the neighborhood please let us know how things are

Gina

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 05:38:35 AM »

Know that someone in California is praying for you.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 01:05:51 PM »

Dear patricia,

I am praying for you and your husband, that God would be merciful to you both and spare your home. I pray that you may grow in Him through this ordeal. I live in california myself and I've seen all the news about those fires. I'm glad you are both safe.

With love and prayers,

Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

lauriellen

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 09:26:08 PM »

i am praying for you all.
lauri

Cypress

• I <3 jj81
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 03:06:51 PM »

Praying for you.
Elaine

Gabriel

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 05:21:45 PM »

Praying for you and your family.

octoberose

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 03:25:43 AM »

Thank you all so much for your prayers.
We are ok, staying with friends until they let us back in. So far we feel very sure our neighborhood is still there. However, 346 homes have been lost and one death that we know of. The fire is only 10% contained so this isn't over yet.
There is great comfort in knowing God has control of all of this.
much love,

cjwood

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 05:12:09 AM »

patricia, i have been thinking about you all evening, after reading about the 346 homes lost.  wondering if one of them was yours.  thankful to hear that you have some feeling of reassurance that your home is still there.  i continue to pray for your protection, and that our Father will show mercy upon this whole matter.  it is a great comfort knowing that our Father God has control of it all.  but, to me, watching out of control fire covering such large acreage is unbearable to watch. 

claudia

octoberose

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 02:42:33 AM »

We were allowed back in the home yesterday at 8pm. Fifteen minutes later we found a water leak. How ironic to flee from fire and come back to water! The plumber left our house around 11pm.But truly, I am so mindful that so many lost their homes that pipes and wall and floor repair should not seem like anything other than an annoyance.
Please keep remembering the families without a home. And our beautiful front range is burned. It's hard to see God's intent in all of this, but I am trusting Him to lead us through this time. A fiery trial it certainly is.
 Thank you all for your prayers.

Gina

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 03:31:38 AM »

Wow, that's got to be a relief to have a house.  I'm sorry about your neighbors' houses though.  Uh..  :'(   (My brother Scott...  he's out there too, but I haven't heard from him; I just figured he must be okay.  I better call.)

cjwood

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 05:47:32 AM »

We were allowed back in the home yesterday at 8pm. Fifteen minutes later we found a water leak. How ironic to flee from fire and come back to water!

i am thankful to our Father that your home was spared.  water leak and all.  your above quote reminded me of how we all consider fleeing from the fires of our earthly trials, only to be brought back to the Living Waters of His Truth and Good News.

claudia

ez2u

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2012, 12:30:14 AM »

claudia   how true good word

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2012, 11:48:18 PM »

Very true Claudia, Amen!

And rather humerous if you ask me! haha, our Father does have a sense of humour if you ask me ;) I think he's pretty funny alot of the times too! haha.

Patricia, I'm glad that your home was spared. I think everyone here will continue in prayer for those who have lost far more or who are still in danger.

God bless,

Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

gmik

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 12:49:53 AM »

thank God your home was spared...

I am glad you shared w/ us but sorry I just read this so I couldn't pray personally but will keep you in thought and prayers now.

octoberose

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 03:17:41 AM »

Thank you for your sweet replies.
 I drove down to Texas yesterday because my sweet grandbaby has whooping cough! She came down with it one week before her 2 month vacinations. Apparently she got it from my son in law- did u know you can get whooping cough at any age? The baby is on the mend, but she's still coughing and my daughter is tired and worried. So, I'm here to help.

servias

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 01:02:39 AM »

Thank you for your sweet replies.
 I drove down to Texas yesterday because my sweet grandbaby has whooping cough! She came down with it one week before her 2 month vacinations. Apparently she got it from my son in law- did u know you can get whooping cough at any age? The baby is on the mend, but she's still coughing and my daughter is tired and worried. So, I'm here to help.
Sorry to hear about your grand kid.  Hope the stress of everything lately isn't killing ya.  Hopefully we can all help lift your spirits a bit.  Praying for you...

Dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.