bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gods Promises  (Read 5464 times)

Ian 155

Gods Promises
« on: June 27, 2012, 01:19:37 PM »

Just a question all,

Are The promises of God In his word only for us once we have overcome the sin inherent in us ?  are they be available as folk still trying to grasp his word, Or should we shut out of our being all we have been taught such as "I will provide ,I have plans for you good plans,is any one sick among you ,let the Elders pray and annoint you with oil etc - do these only apply after the man of perdition has been overcome ?

thanks

ian

Kat

Re: Gods Promises
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 12:04:45 PM »

Hi ian,

Well we are striving to be overcomers now, but it will be a struggle for the rest of our lives. But the promises are for the believers and certainly all those who are trying to grasp this truth is of our fellowship.

But here is more concerning the promises.

http://bible-truths.com/rapture.htm ------------------

The Apostle Paul began teaching the promises of God from the very beginning of his ministry.

"Now Paul, rising and gesturing with his hand, said, Men, Israelites ... He rouses David for their king ... From this one’s seed, God, according to the PROMISE, led to Israel a Savior, Jesus" (Acts 13:1, 22, 23).

Is it even necessary that I state that this same promised seed is also OUR Savior as well as Israel’s?

"Then Paul, stretching out his hand, made his defense ... And now, in expectation of the PROMISE which came by God to our fathers, I stand being judged ..." (Acts 26:1, 6).

This promise had to do with Paul’s expectation of being raised from the dead and given an allotment in the Kingdom of God along with "ALL the Saints" (I Thes. 3:13).

"... being fully assured also, that, what He has PROMISED, He is able to do also ... Now it was not written because of him [Abraham] only, that it is reckoned to him, but because of US also, to whom it is about to be reckoned, who are believing on Him ..." (Rom. 4:20, 23, 24).

The "promises" were first to Abraham, whose seed was to bless the whole world, and whose children we (gentile believers) are.

And finally,

"Now if you [Galatian gentiles and you who are reading these words of life today] are Christ’s consequently you are OF Abraham’s seed, enjoyers of the allotment according to the PROMISE" (Gal. 3:29).
v
v
Paul tells us that we who are many [Jews and Gentiles, all believers, ALL the saints] "... ARE ONE BODY IN CHRIST" (Rom. 12:5). Listen, Paul’s thoughts and prayers were always with the Jewish saints in Judea (Rom. 9:3), and Peters thoughts and prayers were always with the Gentile believers under Paul’s care (II Pet. 3:15-16).

Peter read and studied "... ALL the [Paul’s] epistles ..." In Rom. 15:4 Paul says "... that through the endurance and the consolation of the SCRIPTURES we may have expectation." The only Scriptures at this time were the Old Testament Hebrew Scriptures. And any "expectation" of the Gentiles would be one shared with Israel. Later Paul says that Christ came to the Circumcision, "... to confirm the patriarchal promises" (Rom. 15:08). With this promise in mind, Paul says, "... it is written ...’Be merry, ye nations, WITH HIS PEOPLE [Israel]" (Ver 9 & 10).
-------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 10:14:45 AM by Kat »

Ian 155

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 05:23:26 AM »

Thanks Kat ,yes I see now, rather am starting to see ,even parts our striving is carnal [I want to be blessed so let me deal with this man of sin - mmmm] - however when the lord ,in split seconds shows you ,In Love, that all your striving is actually him anyway, the verse "God is all in All" becomes painfully clearer - perhaps we need to understand that its not us who quickens his coming into our life, its his goodness.

Who will save me from this vessel of Sin ...I do take heart that It is when we SEEK the kingdom all these things will be added - unless i got is wrong Seek does not imply, FIND ...

thanks for the info

Ian

Kat

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 10:53:48 AM »

Hi Ian,

As God is sovereign, therefore He is behind everything. But things are being worked out through each and every one of us to gain results. We live out this life experience whatever we are given, first it starts with a carnal nature and that brings about the results needed for development of the good and evil knowledge (remember the tree). We will keep going in a carnal state of being/thinking unless the Holy Spirit comes in and intervenes. This only happens to a very few right now that are being prepared to reign with Christ. So if that Spirit is indwelling It will give you the faith, desire and will needed to overcome the carnal nature, but It will do it by developing those things in you. So though it is through the Spirit indwelling, it is worked in and by and to teach you.

All of the promises are for believers that are being prepared as the elect. Sometimes it seems all the Scriptures are directed to believers. Just keep striving, seeking and learning, you certainly will not find if you are not seeking, and a few will.

Pro 8:17  I love those who love Me, and those who seek Me diligently will find Me.

Jer 29:11  For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
v. 12  Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.
v. 13  And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

Matt 7:7  "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
v. 8  For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

Acts 17:27  so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Foxx

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 10:57:15 AM »

Matthew 7:7 - For every one who is asking doth receive, and he who is seeking doth find, and to him who is knocking it shall be opened.

ask and receive
seek and find
knock and the door will be opened

There is a way to ask however, it isn't just to ask however we want.

[EDIT: Kat beat me to the punch]

Peace!

Kat

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 11:24:14 AM »

Hi Foxx,

There is a way to ask however, it isn't just to ask however we want.

Very good point. When we ask in the name of someone, isn't that we are asking in their stead? I mean it is asking the same as or in place of that someone. With asking in Christ's name it would be to bring glory to God.

John 14:13  And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

So it seems maybe we should ask through the Spirit indwelling in order to ask in His name, that's the only way it would be "according to His will," the carnal could play no part in it.

1John 5:13  These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.
v. 14  Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
v. 15  And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 04:12:56 PM by Kat »

Ian 155

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 06:09:22 AM »

Foxx & Kat -The Reason for me posting the original Question

In this financial challenge at present in this life of mine, I had to go [was summoned] to our High Courts [one needs or is supposed to have an advocate in this country when you go to High Court] well since I have freelance work only for most of my life and given the state of the WORLD economy from where my money comes [I am In Advertising - when there is bad news economically the 1st thing to be retracted by large corporates are advertising budgets]

Being way way way way way . . . behind on my bond [morgage] I walked into the high court and represented myself wherein,prior to the start of procceedings, the Avocate representing the bank spoke across the court to me and said are you representing yourself ? I [crapping myself - not physically] replied yes [I should have said no Jesus Is My Advocate ... anyway when the Judge stepped in to start proceedings [this was end May this year] The Banks advocate said he would like to postpone my case until July 26 [BTW thats my eldest sons Bday]

The Judge looks at me and said do you understand this ? I said yip - good a postponement it is, I leave the court and on my way home I am asking God I wonder why the postponement "You dont need to buy time you are God" ... I have your promises etc so this is void of carnality to the extent that I am not looking to extra blessings, this is about a roof over my families head which is a NEED,He promises that all our Needs are Met by Christ Phillipians 4:19 and a host of other promises...I am not anxious about the outcome I am Anxious about how our God is going to do this - My word tells me when they take you to court do not worry what you will say your advocate is Jesus he will instruct you - I look forward to coming back to you with a God Report -

In the context of the above I base the question "are the promises of God available to me now" ?

1Jn 5:5  Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Then again Foxes [not u foxx] have holes birds have nests but the son of man ....

Ian

Gina

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 10:17:24 AM »

Pardon me Ian (Kat and Foxx).... Jesus replied, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head." Matt 8:20

Oh man, my heart goes out to you, Ian. 

Jesus IS your advocate.  He is King of kings and Lord of lords.  Wow, you have the King of kings and Lord of lords in you.  You have not one ounce of pride of arrogance.

And then of course this what you said reminds me of this parable below, though it may not have the same meaning for you, but it is about an unjust judge and how speedily God comes to our aid, so that might comfort you some:

1 And he told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart.

2 He said, “In a certain city there was a judge who neither feared God nor respected man.

3 And there was a widow in that city who kept coming to him and saying, ‘Give me justice against my adversary.’

4 For a while he refused, but afterward he said to himself, ‘Though I neither fear God nor respect man,

5 yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will give her justice, so that she will not beat me down by her continual coming.’”

6 And the Lord said, “Hear what the unrighteous judge says.

7 And will not God give justice to his elect, who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long over them?

8 I tell you, he will give justice to them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?”

Maybe the reason for the postponement by the Judge was so that you can see with your own eyes and share with the rest of us the "God Report"?

Back to the foxes have holes...

Jesus replied, "Now when Jesus saw a crowd around him, he gave orders to go over to the other side. And a scribe came up and said to him, “Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go. And Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head.”  (Matt 8:19-20)

Then not long after that, this: 

23 And when he got into the boat, his disciples followed him.

24 And behold, there arose a great storm on the sea, so that the boat was being swamped by the waves [in other words:  They were in over their proverbial heads! Much like you are "under water" with your mortgage and this court proceeding and all]; but he [Jesus] was asleep.

25 And they went and woke him, saying, “Save us, Lord; we are perishing.”

26 And he said to them, “Why are you afraid, O you of little faith?” Then he rose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm.  [Not just a "calm" but a GREAT calm]

27 And the men marveled, saying, “What sort of man is this, that even winds and sea obey him?”

Even the wind and the sea obey Him.  God is causing all of what you're going through as a testimony to you of His faithfulness.  Don't be afraid.  God is King of kings and Lord of lords.  Greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.

Yeah, the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.  I was told years ago by a man (Jason) who came to the forum that that is prophetic.  [The words that I speak they are spirit and they are life.]

We know that Christ is the head of His body [His church].  (Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you? Cor. 3:16)  Sure--Paul is talking about sexual sin.  But hear me out, me Lord (he he).  When Jesus (the Son of Man) said that He has nowhere to lay His head -- Jesus was prophesying to mean that He, as the Head of His church had, at that point, no body [no "temple"].  But He has a body now; if we believe that Jesus has come in the flesh.

God is in us.  You're representing yourself before the unjust judge.  In a multitude of Mighty God Counselors, plans succeed.  Try to relax.  Believe me, I know it's easier said than done.  Once I had to go file something at one of our courts for one of my attorneys and the Judge almost threw me in jail, in contempt of Court, for speaking out to his High-ness when I was not an attorney.  I AGREED QUICKLY with the judge (who was smiling and having a jolly good time making a spectacle of me before everyone in the Courtroom -- I was terrified).   Then I explained that it was all his Bailiff's fault--that I would never have spoken to him except that the bailiff told me to.  The bailiff fessed up (in front of everyone in the courtroom) and the Judge gave me what I was there for (just a friggin stamp on a Dismissal of some stupid case -- ugh, judges, some of them even treat the Attorneys who've been through law school and work their rear ends off, like absolute dirt.  It's very sad.) 

Another long reply.  Forgive me.  I hope that helps you a little and encourages you, Ian.  (I'm so sorry you're going through that.  I'd be crapping my pants too if I was in your shoes.)  I will continue to pray for you, as I'm sure everyone here will as well.  These times are freaking tough.

P.S. ;)

Your situation reminds me of the "Destiny of Women" (I just read that again the other day):

Est 4:15  And Esther said to return to Mordecai this answer,
v. 16  Go, gather all the Jews who are present in Shushan, and fast for me, and do not eat nor drink three days, night or day. My maidservants and I will also fast in the same way. And so I will go in to the king, which is not according to the law. And if I perish, I perish.

Now what she meant by that was, not even the queen could go into the king just anytime that she wanted to.  She could only go in when he called for her.  I mean that’s just the way it was.  It was not like our households are today.  She was going to go in, she wasn’t going to wait to be called.

(forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5506.0.html)

And then you know the rest of how Haman was hanged on his own gallows.  May you find the relief you seek!

« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 10:24:16 AM by Gina »

Ian 155

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 08:02:37 AM »

So I posted this little story, this was in no way to get everyone"S sympathy, I felt that we need to share in our trials and in our victories, this is an instruction frm Paul letters also [I am Not ashamed of the gospel]

After writing about this financial trial last week ,on Monday this week, I got some good news in - Tuesday even more and today some more,the sum total of the news "so far is ZAR 104 000,00 or nearly
USD 15 000,00 So to encourage y'all it is a good thing to share trials - not only are brothers and sisters led to pray but God gets Glory -

"He,Our God, will never see the righteous forsaken nor their children begging bread"

Many many thanks for your prayers

Gina

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 12:07:39 PM »

Yes!!  That's wonderful news, Ian.   8)  May God continue to bless you and keep you safe.

(Continuing to keep you in prayer about your upcoming 7-26-12 court hearing.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 18 queries.