bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Things I learned at BT that changed my life  (Read 11201 times)

levycarneiro

Things I learned at BT that changed my life
« on: June 27, 2012, 02:41:32 PM »

Hello all,

figured I would share some things I learned at BT for the past few months, that already made a HUGE impact in my life. God is good!

- Hell doesn't exist.
- Free will is a myth.
- The book of Revelation is not (primarily) about the end times. Turn off the news channel :)
- God nevel deals with us by fear.
- Since God moves everything, even the evil, I'm relived of thinking of all different paths in life I should or wanted to follow. Everything is in their proper place as God intended, even a not so good job for example. There's no "multiverse". That is a great relief!
- Truth is so good that people won't believe you.
- Because the truth is so good, most christians will consider you an heretic.
- There's a very LIMITED amount of time any human can read/process new information in one day. I wish I could freeze time to catch up and read/study every paper and video on BT :) (but I know the Spirit needs time to teach me all things, so it's actually by design).

What about you? :)

God bless all!
Levy
Brazil

Gina

Re: Things I learned at BT that changed my life
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 02:48:00 PM »

I couldn't have said that better and I can't think of a thing to add to it.  I just wanted to say... thanks!

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 03:41:38 PM »

Hi Levy,

It truly is a joy to be blessed with this knowledge and understanding.

As my heart continues to grow in knowledge of our heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, I become more at peace with the experiences I have in this life.  It is such a comfort to know our Creator is a God of love, and He is preparing us to be part of His family.  Yes, indeed, this is good news! :)

René

doug

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 04:21:41 PM »

Levy, Hey - It's great meeting you!

I can truly say that it is refreshing to be able to read comments from like-minded believers that are mature enough to discuss the deeper revelations of God's word with patience, humiliation and without arrogance.  Most of us have matured enough to be out of the "milk" taught by the churches and have a good understanding of God's Salvation Plan.

The list that you have compiled also holds true with me!

I'll join you in updating some of the long held beliefs taught from my past and where I stand at present... and also from the past couple of months on the B-T site.

Eternal Hell Fire -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- no

Souls in Heaven -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- not

Annihilation ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- nadda

Churchianity ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ never

Tithing ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ no way

Circumcision (physical) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ no way in hell

Fasting (physical) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ nope

Free Will ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- naw

Instant Salvation ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- nil

Trinity ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- naught

Adam & Eve created perfect ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- zip

The Rapture ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ziltch

Pre - Mid - Post Tribulation --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- zero

Am I Still Good To Go ??

doug

« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 04:38:22 PM by doug »

levycarneiro

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 04:45:48 PM »

Hello guys! Glad you were edified :)

Thought of another thing:

- learning to be more aware of idols of the heart. And also, according to the Unveiling of Jesus Christ, looking back I can now understand why some things vanished from my heart. But boy, how much still needs to go!

God bless!
Levy

levycarneiro

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 06:01:02 PM »

If you guys agree, maybe a good direction for this thread would be more in terms of: *how* did these things change your life. How your yoke/burden are becoming lighter with knowledge and application of the Truths of God :)

God bless!
Levy

doug

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 06:02:06 PM »

But boy, how much still needs to go!

Hey again Levy,

I have a nephew who has married a "gorgeous" Brazilian woman who's family resides in Lavras... N.W. of Rio de Janeiro.
Her parents stayed here in my brother's house and they used my living space.  Well, as a gift for staying here for a couple of weeks he introduced me to Brazil's national drink and left me a bottle of  Boazinha Cachaca.  If this is one of the "vices" that "still needs to go" but as yet you haven't given up... if you come to the states... bring me a few bottles.  I'll supply the limes and we can discuss further the finer points of the B-T site over a couple of caipirinhas !  :-X  8)

your friend,
doug

levycarneiro

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 06:34:45 PM »

But boy, how much still needs to go!

If this is one of the "vices" that "still needs to go" but as yet you haven't given up... if you come to the states... bring me a few bottles.  I'll supply the limes and we can discuss further the finer points of the B-T site over a couple of caipirinhas !  :-X  8)

your friend,
doug

Hey Doug!

I have to admit I still drink. But only soda hehe. Thanks for the invite! I live 6h (driving) South of Rio de Janeiro, closer to Sao Paulo. If you ever come to Sao Paulo, drop me a note! I'd really like to go to one of BT Conferences but I only "discovered" the website a few months ago.

God bless!
Levy

Gina

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 06:59:31 PM »

Can you say Guarana? :)  (There's a Brazilian restaurant up the street from my office that serves it.)

Gina

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 07:04:01 PM »

If you guys agree, maybe a good direction for this thread would be more in terms of: *how* did these things change your life. How your yoke/burden are becoming lighter with knowledge and application of the Truths of God

God bless!
Levy

I don't have to worry about going to hell every time I commit a sin; I don't have to "tithe" 10 percent of my income on the gross OR net and work more than one job to make ends meet.

I don't have to sit in a friggin church.  God sits in his this "church." :D

I don't have to worry about going around trying to "save" others when I'm freaking not saved myself!

(ha, I pulled out the wrong quote!  silly me)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 07:35:54 PM by Gina »

newgene87

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 07:44:39 PM »

- The Ultimate Sovereignty of God

that principle has changed my life in so many ways. i guess that interchanges with Free Will; but even if i "perceive" that i have a "free" will: the truth of God's Sovereignty is just wonderful to me. At the end of the day, dont worry.

oh yea, Read this on a church sign 10 minutes ago...

"When you lay down at night give your troubles to God: He will be up all night"

if they ONLY knew the full truth of that and God's Sovereignty....thank you bibletruths ;D ;D

cjwood

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 09:31:25 PM »

there are so many things which i learned and am continuing to learn through ray's papers/audios/videos, and through the forum discussions/comments/messages.  learning and applying, and dying to what the flesh wants.  and the pulling away from the world, while still living among it.  BUT, i was re-listening to the following audio of ray's last night and, well, i learned something which i hadn't 'heard' the first time.

it ALL starts with the attitude of the heart.  and that there is a 'stony' heart that needs to be removed from our flesh, and we be given a heart of flesh.  i never noticed it written like that before.  and the new spirit is not put within us till the 'stony' heart of flesh is removed.  (ezek. 11:19-20)

this audio is amazing.  and, getting close to the ending of it, with about 18 mins left, ray goes into trying to get the hearers to understand something deeper about grace as a gift.  i laughed out loud so hard, hearing ray explain further, that tears were running down my face.  tears of the joy of 'hearing' what was being taught, and tears of laughter at hearing ray be himself, and tears of sadness that our brother is gone from among us in person.  but, i know the end of the story, so, it is ALL good.

enjoy.

claudia

June 3, 2007 Saved by Grace through Faith
http://bible-truths.com/audio/6-03-07.mp3

cjwood

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 09:45:51 PM »

p.s.   i believe the removing of the stony heart in our flesh is the ongoing process which we are all experiencing, as we are being made into His image.  i know in my life at least, it hasn't been an 'instant' removal of the gnarly stony heart in this carnal flesh.  but i know it must be done.  and i know that i want it to be removed.  and i know that my Father Creator, and my Brother Jesus Christ, want it to be removed too.  because there is SO much in store, when given a new spirit within my flesh, so i can continue in strength of His spirit to treasure the 'new' heart within my flesh, and 'understand' the consequences.  :)

claudia

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 04:34:52 AM »

Hi Levy.  In addition to your 'list', it's been a great blessing to obey one scripture in particular...to think on those things that are true, lovely, of good report.  What's more true, lovely, and of good report than the Gospel? 

At the VERY LEAST, it's difficult to think on other things that weigh and drag me down AT THE SAME TIME that I'm thinking on the 'good stuff'.  "Change of life" is not always 180 degrees.  Oftentimes (it seems to me) it's incremental changes that keep me between the ditches, and from going too far to the left or right as I keep on walking/living.  This particular admonition has been helpful with that.  And I am glad that what I've learned at B-T is WORTHY of the designations "true, lovely, and of good report".  It never 'worked' before when I was in babylon or in the world, at least not for long.

(Just for you--this is my 'intro post'.  I read it from time to time, and I must say it's still true.)

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7572.msg60263.html#msg60263

« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 04:44:57 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Extol

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 01:21:10 PM »

If you guys agree, maybe a good direction for this thread would be more in terms of: *how* did these things change your life. How your yoke/burden are becoming lighter with knowledge and application of the Truths of God :)

God bless!
Levy

Levy,

A few months ago I was thinking about the passage you referenced [Matthew 11:28-30]:

28 `Come unto me, all ye labouring and burdened ones, and I will give you rest,

29 take up my yoke upon you, and learn from me, because I am meek and humble in heart, and ye shall find rest to your souls,

30 for my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light.'

I was wondering how this reconciled with verses like this:

2 Timothy 3:12--and all also who will to live piously in Christ Jesus shall be persecuted...

1 Peter 4:12--Beloved, think it not strange at the fiery suffering among you that is coming to try you, as if a strange thing were happening to you...

What is "easy" and "light" about that??? But then I realized, it's these wonderful truths you've mentioned that are easy and light. It's the doctrines of Christendom that are burdened and laborious...particularly the doctrine of eternal hell. I used to feel such a responsibility for the salvation of my non-believing friends:
 "What if they die in a car crash on the way home from our day at the park? I could have told them about Christ!"
 Whenever I heard an ambulance siren, or read in the news about people dying in car wrecks or war or famine or whatever, I would offer up a worried prayer: "Oh God, I hope they knew you..."
 What a laborious yoke that was! The yoke of Christ and His love is easy and light, indeed!

adiamondintheson

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 12:18:37 PM »

Claudia...
Thanks for your sharing here.  My husband and I listened to the audio you'd posted on Grace & Faith... 
We've listened to almost all of Rays stuff on BT... but this one we had not heard yet.  It blessed us immensely and we are going to listen again.  There is so much in that tape and it just can't all be grasped at one sitting.  We were hoping it might have been transcribed... with all the scriptures, etc.?  If not... we will do it ourselves.  It's got to be absorbed and replace all the old theology.  We know God has led us here, and we just need to be diligent in taking the time to get it into our minds..
Thanks again to you all for so much encouragement!!
Connie

Marky Mark

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 01:06:34 PM »

We were hoping it might have been transcribed...

Here you go Connie,enjoy. :)

Saved By Grace Thru Faith.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5417.0.html

Peace...Mark
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 01:26:16 PM by Marky Mark »

levycarneiro

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 11:55:25 PM »

Gina, BT members should organize a new Conference and serve some Guaranás :)

Claudia, thanks for sharing the Study on "Saved by Grace"!

Dave, you said "'Change of life' is not always 180 degrees". Always making me think, friend. Thanks for your comment and your intro link.

Extol, awesome we all have the same teacher, God's Spirit!

More and more it becomes evident to me that the more you know God, the more you become like Him. Some things change naturally simply by learning something new about God, while others things come through much tribulation, patience, and time. I'm glad God's grace is working in us!

God bless you all!
Levy

Gina

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 11:07:02 AM »

"If you serve Guaranás they will come."   (Field of Dreams)

A conference would be great.  We could have it here in southern California.  We could rent out a ballroom in a hotel and replay a video of one of Ray's bible studies or conferences.

Or you guys could have it anywhere you want and if I can't make it, I'd gladly chip in for the costs and supply you with the Guaranás. How about that?

doug

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2012, 12:42:11 PM »

"If you serve Guaranás they will come."   (Field of Dreams)

A conference would be great.  We could have it here in southern California.  We could rent out a ballroom in a hotel and replay a video of one of Ray's bible studies or conferences.

Or you guys could have it anywhere you want and if I can't make it, I'd gladly chip in for the costs and supply you with the Guaranás. How about that?

Right On!!  I'll Come!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 24 queries.